• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(14249)

HoI Multiplayer Beta/Dev
Jan 31, 2003
Visit site
All players in a multiplayer game have to use exactly the same version. You can check this when loading the game by looking at the top right of the screen where you will see a version number and checksum code.

The standard version for multiplayer play is the Doomsday edition with the 1.3a update. This has the checksum JCJS.

Some players still play the first edition of Hearts of Iron II with the 1.3a update. This has the checksum JLQC.

Some multiplayer players like mods such as Starfire and play them regularly. If you wish to experiment with mods like this, please copy your standard game folder and only modify the copy. You will then have an alternate version of the game and can use that separately without losing your standard, supported version.

Andrew

Last edited:
Then, Doomsday 1.1 version wont allow me to play online?

I would also like to know if Mac and Windows can play together, I and my friend didn't get it to work :( Also it says my friend has Doomsday max 1.2 YIUI and I got 1.2 REBB, whats the differense?

Last edited:
Diffrent checksumes.
Try to copy all the HoI 2 DD\data files frome the pc version and see if it helps.
Otherwise it depens on the fact that the HoI2.exe is diffrent in the pc versions to the mac one.

Ok, what about DAIM? Do I have to uninstall and reinstall it all the time when I alternate between mp and sp or wha'?

Rotten Venetic said:
Ok, what about DAIM? Do I have to uninstall and reinstall it all the time when I alternate between mp and sp or wha'?
Some mods are installed in a parallel set of directories and use the moddir feature to switch between them. If DAIM doesn't do this then it's best to make a separate copy of the standard game for MP play. Just copy all the files in the standard game folder to clone it.

Andrew

Colonel Warden said:
All players in a multiplayer game have to use exactly the same version. You can check this when loading the game by looking at the top right of the screen where you will see a version number and checksum code.

The standard version for multiplayer play is the Doomsday edition with the 1.2 update. This has the checksum REBB.

Some players still play the first edition of Hearts of Iron II with the 1.3a update. This has the checksum JLQC.

Some multiplayer players like mods such as Starfire and play them regularly. If you wish to experiment with mods like this, please copy your standard game folder and only modify the copy. You will then have an alternate version of the game and can use that separately without losing your standard, supported version.

Andrew

I have installed HoI2 and have patched it to 1.3b(I understand that the way to verify this is to check the and then updated the ussr file.

This gives me the checksum of: JLQC

Once I install the DD expansion pack, How shall I achieve checksum: REBB

?

Mklangelo said:
I have installed HoI2 and have patched it to 1.3b(I understand that the way to verify this is to check the and then updated the ussr file.

This gives me the checksum of: JLQC

Once I install the DD expansion pack, How shall I achieve checksum: REBB

?

Just install DD and patch it to version 1.2. You don't need HoI 2 for that.

I have purchased a second computer line so that I can play Comintern and Allies (US with MC of Britian and other allied nations) verses my buddy who plays Axis (MC Japan, Italy and other Axis countries). I downloaded the latest version on to my wife's laptop that uses the new cable line and it states 1.2 REBB. However, my original computer and my friend's version states 1.2 MABB. When I try to log on with the new line/laptop it states that the version is not the same as host.

Is it safe for me to assume that we simply need to update our original computers. I am assuming that since we updated to 1.2 quite awhile ago that they are merely out of date and that once we update they will also state 1.2 REBB. Should that solve teh problem? Thanks

PS: My wife's laptop is XP while my computer and my buddy's is 2000 (firewall is turned off on all). Does teh XP on the third computer (non host) make any difference.

Sauronow said:
The standard version for multiplayer play is the Doomsday Armageddon edition with the 1.0a update. This has the checksum QEIA.
No, the checksum for this version is ZBIA. And this version is not sufficiently well-accepted to be considered standard yet. Doomsday 1.3a is the de facto standard currently.

Andrew

I've been playing with a few friends, and we all had YDBT as checksum, until now when they can no longer log on to my server. I recently changed my colorscales and country file, which changed the checksum to MJTD or something.

Does graphic mods affect checksums for online play? Seems strange that something only related to my end would have any affect for the other players...