• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
ulmont said:
The enemy_handicap will be ignored against a human CHI, and you may be seeing the difference between 99 and 100% passivity.

You might try setting enemy_reinforce_days to something like 360, which will cause the AI to think that any unit that can get to the province in under a year should be considered for odds calculations (should scare the hell out of CHC).
Thanks, I will try that.

Genghis_Kan said:
Boom I think u might wanna edit some events to make it more histroric accurate. I think the "Soviet aid to China" and the "United Front"(if Com China still exist) events should also have a effect of reducing the relationship between the Nat China and Ger by -25 for each one. Btw I think the initial NatChi-Ger relationship should be 75 after this mod. So wt u think?
I think a one time hit for the Xi'an incident is in order(-10), as it would not involve creating anouther event and if I am reading the history correctly it was an abortive attempt at forming an United front. So combined with the Germany recognizes the Nationalist Reformed Government event I am adding (-50), and Hitler recognizes Manchuko(-25) there will be three relations dropping events.
PS if u want the Com Chi to stay still u might wanna add some garrision units in their land. So they won't move about. Btw u might wanna strengthen the Com Chi with more milita or mountain unit.
They get 6 mountain divisions with the "movement revitalized" event, fending off Nationalist China is not hard provided you stay well fortified, which is what I am trying to get the AI to do :D As the AI does not hurl everything it has at you, you might be able to get CXB as well.

Oh yeah do u think is wise to destory one of the warlords before attack the Japs. Coz then my IC will increase. Wt u think?
Maybe :D The problem is, is that you might trip the Asian Aggression AI flag, which might mean that you have to fight on more than one front.

Genghis_Kan said:
Oh yeah do u think is wise to destory one of the warlords before attack the Japs. Coz then my IC will increase. Wt u think?
You'll have a war with Guangxi that is scripted; fight and accept the event-driven peace deal. That should boost your IC up to 4 tech team slots.

Guy i am being the nat china and fight against the Japs. Being pushed back by the Jap to the yellow river :( 2 successful encirclement destory at least 20 division :D but 5 unsuccessful encirclement:mad: My troops ar just travelling to slow. always arrive too late :( The worst thing is that I am just fighting against the Jap by myself and 1 warlord. The united front never occur. :confused: Can anyone tell me why? Last time when I play the Nat China, the united front occur even i detroyed 1 warlord and the Com China and Guangxi never declare war on me. Not sure why this happening.

PS does united front occur if I attack Japan first?

Genghis_Kan said:
Guy i am being the nat china and fight against the Japs. Being pushed back by the Jap to the yellow river :( 2 successful encirclement destory at least 20 division :D but 5 unsuccessful encirclement:mad: My troops ar just travelling to slow. always arrive too late :( The worst thing is that I am just fighting against the Jap by myself and 1 warlord. The united front never occur. :confused: Can anyone tell me why? Last time when I play the Nat China, the united front occur even i detroyed 1 warlord and the Com China and Guangxi never declare war on me. Not sure why this happening.

PS does united front occur if I attack Japan first?
I don't think you'll get a United Front against Japan if you DoW Japan first. But you do get one if you DoW USSR (or join Axis) so it has to be fixed.

Propaganda Posters

Some nice propaganda posters. Unfortunately, mainly from the after-war period (1950's)

pla057js.jpg

pla140jv.jpg

pla330ve.jpg

ec065wb.jpg

Quickfix:
*Apparently the engine does not like deleting units that do not exist* :D
CCIP.txt goes into your db/events folder.

http://rapidshare.de/files/12505559/CCIP.TXT.html

Or copy and paste the following (deleting forum warping errors) over the old event:
Code:
event = {
	id = 2452
	random = no
	country = CHI

name = "Allied Advisers Withdrawn"
	desc = "A state of war exists between us and the Allies, they have withdrawn thier advisers."
        picture = "advisers"

date = { day = 0 month = january year = 1936 }
		offset = 7
		deathdate = { day = 29 month = december year = 1947 }

trigger = {
		war = { country = CHI country = ENG }
		OR = {
			event = 2451
			event = 85 #Pitman Act
			event = 3546 #14th AF
			}
		}

action_a = {
		name = "OK"
		command = { type = sleepteam  which = 1007 } #Chennault
		command = { type = sleepteam  which = 1019 } #Stillwell
		command = { type = sleepleader which = 50370 } #Chennault
		command = { type = sleepevent which = 2405 } #Stillwell Promoted Event
		#command = { type = sleepteam  which = 1049 } #14th AF
		#command = { type = delete_unit which = 22000 value = 410 }
		#command = { type = delete_unit which = 22000 value = 411 }
		#command = { type = delete_unit which = 22000 value = 412 }
		#command = { type = delete_unit which = 22000 value = 413 }
		#command = { type = delete_unit which = 22000 value = 414 }
	}
}
This should be backwards compatable with save games.

Last edited:
Duke_of_BOOM! said:
Quickfix:
*Apparently the engine does not like deleting units that do not exist* :D
CCIP.txt goes into your db/events folder.

http://rapidshare.de/files/12505559/CCIP.TXT.html

Or copy and paste the following (deleting forum warping errors) over the old event:
Code:
event = {
	id = 2452
	random = no
	country = CHI

name = "Allied Advisers Withdrawn"
	desc = "A state of war exists between us and the Allies, they have withdrawn thier advisers."
        picture = "advisers"

date = { day = 0 month = january year = 1936 }
		offset = 7
		deathdate = { day = 29 month = december year = 1947 }

trigger = {
		war = { country = CHI country = ENG }
		OR = {
			event = 2451
			event = 85 #Pitman Act
			event = 3546 #14th AF
			}
		}

action_a = {
		name = "OK"
		command = { type = sleepteam  which = 1007 } #Chennault
		command = { type = sleepteam  which = 1019 } #Stillwell
		command = { type = sleepleader which = 50370 } #Chennault
		command = { type = sleepevent which = 2405 } #Stillwell Promoted Event
		#command = { type = sleepteam  which = 1049 } #14th AF
		#command = { type = delete_unit which = 22000 value = 410 }
		#command = { type = delete_unit which = 22000 value = 411 }
		#command = { type = delete_unit which = 22000 value = 412 }
		#command = { type = delete_unit which = 22000 value = 413 }
		#command = { type = delete_unit which = 22000 value = 414 }
	}
}
This should be backwards compatable with save games.

You should add a NOT = { war = { country = USA country = ENG } } tag to compensate for a possible GER-CHI-USA Unholy Alliance... :wacko:

I am thinking about having Japan join the Allies... after the fall of France, the defeat of Japan on the continent and if Japan is at war with CHI and GER. Though I think that it should come at a cost for UK, say thier non-India holdings, it would also amuse me to no end to read lend lease caravans going to Japan.

I can also do a German brokered peace if there is a war between the Axis and Japan, though I would have to figure out how to break Asia into spheres of influnce.

I just won with Comm. China :)

That game was awesome... best Hoi2 Experience ever :D

I just finished it over the weekend, and peace was achieved shortly after WW2 broke out :D Japan had the "Fading Sun" event, the same time my troops stormed the borders of Nat. China... it was fairly historical, after all :D

One question: Is there another event letting the Guanxi Clique capitulating? It seems they are still here, while the other nation just west of them was annexed by the capitulation of Nat. China event :)

After all, that was great, and China with around 140 IC base is searching for next country to spread communism now...

Oh, and could there be another event, giving the player the chance to join Commintern, after a successfull civil war? Since it seems even the Sovjet Union likes me (+99), they don't wanna have me in their alliance (0% chance) which would offer me a great chance with their blueprints, since even with 5 techteams, I got no chance... shouldn't be there a chance that I get some/most of Nat. China techteams?

Thanks for the great experience :)

There was an old bug that gave Guangxi the unification ultimatum but it backstabs Yunnan and makes Nationalist China inherit Yunnan instead. If Duke just copied the same event to Communist China, maybe the bug is still there.

General Guisan said:
I just won with Comm. China :)

That game was awesome... best Hoi2 Experience ever :D
The game is also fun for me as well. But I've got a problem. Hitler recognizes Manchuko just before I destory the Japs :mad: Now i have united china and ally with ger, but I didn't get Falkenhausen back :( can anyone tell me how can i wake Falkenhausen? thx

General Guisan said:
Oh, and could there be another event, giving the player the chance to join Commintern, after a successfull civil war? Since it seems even the Sovjet Union likes me (+99), they don't wanna have me in their alliance (0% chance) which would offer me a great chance with their blueprints, since even with 5 techteams, I got no chance... shouldn't be there a chance that I get some/most of Nat. China techteams?

Thanks for the great experience :)
Hmm... that's coded into the SOV AI, or it is hard coded I will look into it. As for tech teams the PRC gets a good number with the PRC proclaimed event.

mib said:
There was an old bug that gave Guangxi the unification ultimatum but it backstabs Yunnan and makes Nationalist China inherit Yunnan instead. If Duke just copied the same event to Communist China, maybe the bug is still there.
No, there is no unification ultimatium for CHC, they inherit Yunnan by default but if they want the other warlords you have to push them off the continent. Though CGX flees the continent along with CHI if you get that event to fire.

Genghis_Kan said:
The game is also fun for me as well. But I've got a problem. Hitler recognizes Manchuko just before I destory the Japs Now i have united china and ally with ger, but I didn't get Falkenhausen back can anyone tell me how can i wake Falkenhausen? thx
I will add a trigger for this... but you should get him back with the "Sino-axis alliance" event.

give Communist China Historical reality

hoi's config of Communist China is no Historical

At the end of Long March, only some 20,000 out of about 90,000 soldiers (Chinese Red Army ) had started the march ultimately made it to the final destination of Yan'an in October,1935.

Long March soldier is the best warrior, some of them bacame the famous gerenal.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_March

During the Sino-Japanese War (1937-1945), the Chinese Red Army was nominally integrated into the Chinese national army forming the Eighth Route Army and the New Fourth Army units.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/People's_Liberation_Army

the 8th Route Army is Consisted of three divisions (the 115th, which was commanded by Lin Biao, the 120th, and the 129th)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eighth_Route_Army

At the beginning, the New Fourth Army had four detachments and one task force battalion and numbered roughly ten thousand.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_4th_Army

In 1937 the Red Army joined in a second united front with the KMT against the invading Japanese army in the Second Sino-Japanese War. The Red Army was nominally integrated into the Chinese national army forming the Eighth Route Army and the New Fourth Army units. Although nominally cooperating with the KMT, the Chinese Communist Party used the Red Army to expand its influence while leading the anti-Japanese resistance in north China. By the end of the war, the Red Army numbered approximately 1 million and was backed by a militia of 2 million. Although the Red Army fought several conventional battles against the Japanese (and KMT troops), guerrilla operations were the primary mode of warfare.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Histor...Liberation_Army

By PRC document, until PRC come into existence , Communist China have very small industry ,only product bullet in weapon.

So Communist China army only arm himself with captured weapon first from KMT army and then from japanese army , The Collaborationist Chinese Army(commanded by japan). Communist China army destoryed enemy at least equal to the Communist China army increased in number. So Communist China army increase himself by destoy enemy ,not by product in factory.

otherwise, about guerrilla warfare, mao is the master of guerrilla warfare, because of his lead, japan army must garrison every town and road to control the guerrilla and protect supply , japan army was attracted those area , cann't combat in other country. guerrilla weak the strength and morale bit by bit, but for work this, china pay more people life with japan army retaliation.The famous policy is "Three Alls Policy" (kill all, loot all, burn all) to destory the survival entironment of guerrilla . And then guerrilla make resource product wastage ,destroy road.

So I give adivice that Communist China only have 3 division in 1935, and Communist China can use captured weapon make up of himself's army, guerrilla should weak the strength and organize like cold percent day or month with man decreased . Communist China can use several militia make up a regularity army. When the guerrilla reach 100% will became militia. I think that can explain Communist China have 1 million troops and was backed by a militia of 2 million at the end of the Second Sino-Japanese War. Maybe the other friend have different advice. Could you check the public document then conside my advice carefully . Thanks for everyone reading this post. Thank you.

*The Collaborationist Chinese Army (formed approximate 2,100,000, the only collaborationist army in World War II which outnumbered the invading army. Almost all of them belonged to the regional puppet governments such as Manchukuo and collaborationist political leaders such as Wang Jingwei. The collaborationists were mainly assigned to garrison and logistics duties in areas held by the puppet governments and in occupied territories. They were rarely fielded in combat because of low morale and distrust by the Japanese, and fared poorly in skirmishes against real Chinese forces, whether the KMT or the CCP

Fantasy event gripe:

According to the 15th century Treaty of Nerchinsk, access to the sea of Ohkotsk belongs to China. So kindly include province 1526 and 1525 in the new cores list for the fantasy reclaiming lands event. :)

EDIT: Ceylon to India event chain seems to be bugged. ENG got the initial event 3538, but I did not get event 3539. I have no idea why there is a 3540, (We're CCIP, right? :rolleyes: ), and since I occupy Ceylon and ENG owns it, event 3541 didn't pop either.

Last edited:
Duke_of_BOOM! said:
Hmm... that's coded into the SOV AI, or it is hard coded I will look into it. As for tech teams the PRC gets a good number with the PRC proclaimed event.

No, there is no unification ultimatium for CHC, they inherit Yunnan by default but if they want the other warlords you have to push them off the continent. Though CGX flees the continent along with CHI if you get that event to fire.

Since I annexed the Nationalists (as CommChina), this means I don't get the free annexion of CGX as well? Well, guess I'll just force annex them then ;)

And for the "proclaimed event of the PRC", when will I get this? I've waited a few days after I annexed the Nat. China... with all those jummy tech teams I could conquer, errrrr liberate the world ;)

I've read that when Mao wanted to marry Jiang Qing (1939 or something), it caused a major scandal on the communist-controlled terrains (the citizens there were very narrow-minded). Lan Ping (or Jiang Qing) had many love-affairs and she probably wasn't divorced with her husband.
When the party refused to grant Mao a permission to marry Lan Ping, Zedong threatend he would leave the party and return to his home village to live a life of a peasant.

Maybe you could add the event into the game?

(information found in "Mao Zedong" by Delia Davin)
Code:
#########################################################################
#  Mao decides to marry Lan Ping
#########################################################################
event = {
	id = 3590
	random = no
	country = CHC

trigger = {
	random = 30 # Will happen if Mao meets Lan Ping
		}

name = "Mao decides to marry Lan Ping"
	desc = "Lán Píng joined the Communist Party of China in 1933 and worked as an actress in Shanghai from 1933 to 1937. Kang Sheng introduced her to Mao Zedong in Yan'an. Soon Mao decided to divorce his wife He Zizhen and Marry Lan Ping. In spite of Lan's many love-affairs and her unclear past, the Politbiuro decided she would not be a suitable wife for the party leader. Mao then threatend, that if he doesn't get a permission to marry Lan Ping, he will leave the party and spend the rest of his life as a peasant in his home village. The Politbiuro permited Mao to marry Lan, demanding however that Lan Ping (who later changed her name to Jiang Qing) will not perform any public functions. In november 1938 Mao Zedong Married Jiang Qing."
	style = 0
	picture = "lan_ping"

date = { day = 1 month = october year = 1938 } 
	offset = 5
	deathdate = { day = 29 month = december year = 1944 } # Just before the resumption of the civil war is too late for marrying Lan

action_a = {
		name = "Let Mao marry Lan Ping"
		ai_chance = 90
		command = { type = dissent value = 2 } # a scandal
	}

action_b = {
		name = "It would be a tremendous scandal" 
		ai_chance = 10
		# Mao departs
		command = { type = sleepminister which = 51001 } 
		command = { type = sleepminister which = 51002 } 
		command = { type = sleepminister which = 51031 } 
		command = { type = sleepleader which = 76331 } 
		command = { type = sleepteam which = 8302 } 
		# Zhang Guotao as leader
		command = { type = headofstate which = 51012 }
		command = { type = headofgovernment which = 51015 }
		command = { type = money value = -5 } # lack of charismatic leader
	}
}

lanping4gh.jpg

lan_ping picture

EDIT: added sleep teachteam line in the event. I forgot Mao is also a tech team (silly me)

Last edited: