• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(44784)

Who is John Galt?
May 28, 2005
angola4my.png

In late-1934 the world was trying to recover from the Great Depression. The Portugese empire was in crisis, with thier colonies threatening revolt. The United States discouraged colonialism throughout its history and saw that Portugal was a good start to dismantling the institution. Within the jungles of Angola, new groups formed to pressure the Portugese to free Angola from colonialism. The leader of the largest independence movement was a man named Paul Zenawi. These independance groups organised mass demonstrations in the streets of major Angolan cities. The demonstrations were peaceful, so Portugal had no reasonable excuse to stop them. At a December 1934 convention, Franklin Roosevelt traveled to Portugal and pressured the government to free thier colonies. Portugal made a compromise and freed only Angola from thier rule. In early-1935, Paul Zenawi was named the first president of Angola.

NorthTown Bar, Prague, 1936:

It is a cold night in Prague, Czechoslovakia. One of the few places where people are still awake is the NorthTown Bar, where many men go to drink with thier wives at home. It is a mostly cheerful day, with Czechs dancing in a drunken frenzy. The only man in the bar that isn't overjoyed is a young man named James Harding. He is 21-years-old with short hair and a relatively unassuming look. Harding suddenly lost his memory lately, and all he remembers is his name and his religeon. He has been having strange "visions" lately and accidently harms people.

"Would you like another glass, sir?" the bartender asked.

"How have I forgotten how to really live? Why can't I remember anything" Harding asked to himself.

"What?" the bartender asked, he did not hear.

"Nothing." Harding said.

"Why don't you have another glass of whiskey? It's on the house!" the bartender asked, feeling sorry for him.

"Nah, I'm finished. I must move on...." Harding answered.

A gang of 5 men walk into the bar, demanding beers and wine. They spot a small, brown-haired Polish girl. Her name is Clara Brozek and she is 19-years-old. They walk over and their leader grabs her arm.

"Let me go!" Brozek yelled.

"Only if you and I have a drink together." the gang leader said.

"I don't drink alcohol! I only stayed here for the night!" Brozek yelled.

"You better learn to!" the gang leader yelled as he pulled her close.

She hit him in the face as hard as she could. His burly body withstood much more than he just recieved. The gang leader is ferious and throws her against the bar counter. From the side of the gang leader comes James Harding. Harding punches the gang leader in the face and he smashes right through a wooden door. The gang leader is out cold.

"Never hit a lady!" Harding yelled to the gang.

The other 4 gang members attack with chains and knives. Harding trips 2 of them, and another jumps at him with a knife. He grabs the gang member's arm and breaks it, then uses the knife to stab a gang member with a chain. Harding kicks one of the gang members he tripped in the stomach and the other one runs off. He takes the gang leader's TT-33 and puts it in his pocket.

tt7th.jpg

"My name is James, are you OK?" Harding asked as he helped Brozek up.

"Thank you! I'm Clara, its nice to meet you." Brozek said.

"Those damned low-life gangs are common around here." Harding said.

"That was so cool how you took on all those gang members at once!" Brozek said, amazed at his strength.

"Where are you from?" Harding asked.

"Warsaw. But, I have no real place to go." Brozek answered.

"I can't remember anything from my past, all I remember is a forest and a bright flash. I am going to Cologne in Germany next." Harding said.

"Strange. Can I go with you to Cologne? I don't know where to turn now and I'd like to start somewhere." Brozek asked.

"Of course." Harding answered.

vickers5ya.jpg

President Zenawi announced that the Angolan military would start a huge buildup. He recognised the growing threats of the world, and saw that Africa could redeem itself in the eyes of the world. A single country could change the world, and countries like the US and the UK proved that. Zenawi knew that Angola had a long road to change the world.

Hmm ... I have to say, I find the story about the other two (Despite Harding's superhuman strength, which I have come to expect by now) much more compelling than the story about Angola, but maybe that's because there were only two paragraphs about Angola in the whole thing.

Also, it seems to me as though Clara is too ready to go to Cologne with some random amnesiac stranger she just met, even though he beat up a bunch of guys. Oh well, I guess it was a hunch or something.

Phoenix Dace said:
Hmm ... I have to say, I find the story about the other two (Despite Harding's superhuman strength, which I have come to expect by now) much more compelling than the story about Angola, but maybe that's because there were only two paragraphs about Angola in the whole thing.

Also, it seems to me as though Clara is too ready to go to Cologne with some random amnesiac stranger she just met, even though he beat up a bunch of guys. Oh well, I guess it was a hunch or something.
C'mon, give me a break. I'm no Lois Duncan or Bernard Goldberg. :p

It took me like an hour to come up with the 3 names that were so far mentioned. :eek:

lifeless said:
lol. i just take the names of people i kno and splice them with some other person
It took me 50 minutes of that hour to find Polish names. :D

I will try to post an update tommorrow. :)

Tell me, how is it you can put out so many aars of this nature?

same here ! :) , Btw very unique and cool AAR !! Never seen an Angola AAR

angola4my.png

Paul Zenawi wanted a place to display the true strength of Angola. The Spanish Civil War ended with the Nationalists winning due to Angolan supplies, but Zenawi knew this wasn't enough. He observed the situation in China very closely. Japan controlled Manchuria and Formosa, while the Communists and the Nationalists were fighting for control. The Angolan government is a right-wing democracy, and would never ally itself with a communist dictatorship. The Nationalists would never accept an alliance from outside China, and intelligence pointed to German agents infiltrating the Nationalist government.

In early-1937, Angola declared war on all the Chinese factions and the Angolan Navy surrounded the Chinese coast. In May 1937, Angolan forces landed on the island of Hainan and battled Nationalist and warlord forces. Mao misinterpreted this action as pro-communist and sent a diplomat to the National Assembly. When this diplomat arrived at a session, President Zenawi said only one sentence in response to his proposals: "We don't nogotiate with communists!". The National Assembly erupted in applause and Mao's diplomat ran out. In June, Japan declared war on China while the Nationalists were busy fighting Angola in the south. Zenawi demanded that the Japanese halt thier offensive, but Japan refused. In January 1938, Angola declared war on Japan.

chinese12us.jpg

Rosenbiell's Hotel, Cologne, 1938:

James and Clara traveled to several German cities since they left Prague. They ended up in Cologne, staying at a hotel owned by Valerio and Jorja Rosenbiell. The Rosenbiell's are Jewish and have 3 children, they have lived in Cologne for years. Ever since German troops were ordered back into the area, things have gotten harder for them and thier friends have been relocated. Today, a squad of German soldiers appear at the Hotel's entrance.

"Pack your things in one suitcase and be ready to leave when the truck comes around." the German SS officer said and left.

"It is finally time to leave, we might as well not fuss." Rosenbiell said to his wife.

James Harding steps on a child's toy on the stairs and falls down about 3 floors. He grabs a railing and the railing twists into itself almost instantly. Clara Brozek follows a few seconds later. James looks around and asks Rosenbiell what is happening.

"What is going on here?" James asked when he seen the Rosenbiells packed at the door.

"We are being relocated." Rosenbiell answered.

"Why?" James asked.

"They say it is for our own protection." Rosenbiell answered.

"No! Something is wrong!" James shouted.

"What?" Rosenbiell asked, astonished.

"Go! Leave out the back, your lives are in danger." James said.

"Why?!" Rosenbiell asked.

"Go to Rotterdam, and get a ship out of here. Nowhere in Europe is safe, go to..." James ordered.

"Why is Europe not safe?" Clara asked.

"Just go to Angola. I cannot assure you that we will meet again!" James said to the Rosenbiell's.

"What do I do?" Clara asked as the Rosenbiells left.

"Meet me out behind the hotel." James told her.

James gives Clara the TT-33 and she runs to the back of the hotel. He waits for the Germans. The SS officer enters the hotel with 4 other soldiers.

"Where are the Rosenbiell's?!" the SS officer demanded.

"You think I'd tell you?" James mockingly asked.

"Take him down!" the SS officer ordered to the soldiers.

Two of the soldiers run towards James with the bayonets. He snatches the rifle from one of the soldiers and bayonets him in the lung. James then hits the other soldier and shoots him dead. The remaining 2 soldiers start to shoot thier MP38s at James and he jumps behind the checkout counter, then somehow controls the bellboy's bag carrier and rolls it right into the soldiers. He runs down the hallway and the SS officer follows as several soldiers pour in.

"I didn't know I could do that!" James said as he ran.

He gets to the back of the building and Clara has already gone out the door. He finds an MP38 and aims it at the hallway from which he came. German soldiers run towards him and he fires the whole clip, killing 5 of them. James picks up a pole and it automatically sharpens. He is astonished, but throws it and it goes right through the remaining soldier like a spear. He exits the building.

"I think they stopped chasing us. Did the Rosenbiell's make it off the property?" James asked when he got to Clara.

"Yes. Watch out!" Clara yelled.

The SS officer is about to shoot James. Clara aims the TT-33 and shoots the SS officer right in the mouth. She drops the gun in fear as blood splatters on the door behind him. James calms her and they run off. They later find a ship and make it to Loanda, Angola.

b261id.jpg

In January 1938, the Battle of Zhanjiang began...

Battle of Zhanjiang: The Angolans needed to cross the strait from Hainan to the mainland to continue the advance. The Chinese had massed 82 divisions in Zhanjiang. One night, artillery opened fire on the waiting Chinese and bombers pounded defensive installations from the air. The scene looked like the fire and brimstone from Bible stories. Chinese officers tried to hold thier soldiers together, but to no avail. The chaos of the bombardment broke slashed into the organisation of the Chinese ranks. The Nationalist leaders wanted to hunker down, and the warlord leaders wanted to flee. Violence erupted throughout the Chinese armies as the camoflauged landing crafts of the Angolans touched onto the beach. The Angolans fired into the unorganised Chinese and the scene turned into a bloody mess. Thousands of Chinese soldiers fell in the bloodbath, and one Angolan leader commented: "This wasn't a battle, this was a slaughter." At the end of the battle, almost all the Chinese defenders were whiped out. 75 divisions were destroyed, 4 were captured, and 3 managed to escape.

invasion1kt.jpg

In a few months, Angolan forces made remarkable progress. After a while of fighting Chinese forces, Angolan forces began to encounter Japanese. The Japanese were more determined than the Chinese, but were smaller in numbers. The Angolans used superior tanks, which were copies of American tanks. The Angolan Army had forced it's way deep into China.

Last edited:
@kenneththegreat: The AI cheats with ranges, why shouldn't I? :D

@lifeless: Nah, I don't think so. ;)

Has anyone figured out the clues given?
Has anyone guessed what might happen?

:D

I have the AAR roughly planned out in my mind. Part of the end I got the idea from a book I just read. ;)

MP40 in 1938?

How did you defeat 83 divisions? You were crossing a strait, which gives you extremely high combat penalties when over three divisions. I doubt three Angolan marine divisions with engineers could defeat a force over 27 times its size.

Stop nit picking! :mad:

It took me more than an hour to write that and it took 3 minutes for you to find errors and plaster them on the walls!

Your flag is a Communist design
:rofl:
It took me more than an hour to write that and it took 3 minutes ...
:rofl: no offense or anything but :rofl:

angola4my.png

Angola was making remarkable progress in the war in Asia. China was defeated and Japan was being pushed back. The Imperial Japanese Navy had been decimated and their troops were running out of supplies. Japanese troops were retreating into Korea when the threat of an Angolan assault on Manchuria was inevitable. The war was about to be taken into the Japanese puppet of Manchukuo.[/COLOR=Orange]

Presidential Palace, Loanda, 1938:

James and Clara are walking through a hallway in the Angolan Presidential Palace. It is a well-lit hallway with drawn pictures from the local elementary schools on the walls. They come across the a bunch of rooms labeled for the ministers' offices, and finally find the president's office.

"Why are we going to see the president of Angola?" Clara asked.

"I've learned something on our trip here, it may be able to help them." James answered.

"I remember, you were on deck for hours...." Clara said.

They walk into the room and the first thing they notice is an impressive fine wood table. Behind the table sits an African man, he is tall and professionally dressed. He gets up and shakes hands with both of them and asks them to take a seat.

"It is nice to meet you, Mr. Harding. You can call me Paul." Zenawi said.

"I'm glad we me met, you can call me James." James said.

"What is it you wanted me to see?" Paul asked.

"Here it is, an ordinary piece of sheet metal." James said.

James takes out a small piece of sheet metal and holds it up. The metal starts to glow and moves a bit. It suddenly starts twisting and seems to be melting. The metal turns into a shining liquid and hovers with a glow above his hand. He then forms it into a combat knife.

"My God!" Paul yelled.

"James! How?!" Clara said, nervous.

"I have no idea. I first discovered this ability in the Cologne hotel." James answered.

"I'd give you anything to work for me!" Paul said.

"Cool, that is what I came about." James said.

"You will be paid well and both get a good place to live." Paul said.

"Thanks." James said.

"Thank you, sir." Clara said.

"I will have your first mission ready soon." Paul said.

Paul gets ready to fill out some paperwork, and asks James to come back in a few days. James and Clara walk out of the room and close the door. James turns towards Clara and gets nervous.

"I've been wanting to ask you something..." James nervously said.

bcity3zy.jpg

The brave Angolan Army swept into Manchuria with guns blazing. Bombers dropped thier loads on waiting Japanese soldiers. Artillery was aimed at the airfields so it would be harder for Japanese planes to land and take off. Against Japanese wishes, Manchukuo surrendered and dissolved thier nation. The Japanese army seized important keypoints and forced some Manchurian soldiers to fight or be shot.

Despite the Japanese resistance, the Angolans defeated the remaining Japanese in Manchuria. The assault on Korea began, with the Angolan Army assaulting mountain cities near the border. The Angolan armored divisions led the spearhead into southern Korea. Within a couple of months, the entire Japanese force was cornered and defeated. It was soon going to be time to attack the Japanese mainland.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earth's Savior
The Angolan government is a right-wing democracy, and would never ally itself with a communist dictatorship.

Your flag is a Communist design.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earth's Savior
The remaining 2 soldiers start to shoot thier MP40s at James

In 1938. Awesome.
lol.