• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

ambrox62

Very hard level player
8 Badges
Mar 5, 2004
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
BOPACK
Battlegrounds Of Paradox Addons for Crusader Kings

WHAT IT IS
BOPACK is a collection of additional events for CK

DOWNLOAD
CK 1.05
DEUS VULT

SOME WORDS ABOUT EVENTS
All BOPACK events are illustrated by new pictures; version 0.5 beta counts 150 events and 70 pics
Events have long text descriptions, and this is WAD to better explain you why event triggers
All events trigger for human players only, saving CPU time and game balance
Historical events, like everyone knows, are a bet in CK because they may trigger more times or never; I work around this problem and hope you enjoy them
As note, if some events say you going somewhere, your char must stay in command inside region/area/province in order to trigger next chained event
All historical-legendary events are documented in www.wikipedia.org

USE THIS THREAD FOR DISCUSSIONS

Last edited:
English modtext.csv are obtained using an automatic translator software tool, so everyone rewording it into 'better english' is WELCOME!

I need also a 'translator partner' for next releases.

Remember:
Events have long text descriptions, and this is WAD to better explain why event triggers

Thanks

Okay, I have done the province and historical events now, I'm going to play a bit and if I don't notice any huge problems I'm going on to the character events.

Some of the texts were too obscured to translate, so in many cases I have either gone back to the Italian (I can read it a bit), or translated freely trying to capture the essence of the event rather than the words.

Last edited:
looking good. ;)
Ayeshteni

Cool events now they're translated! CK definitely needs more stuff that can happen beyond the dynastic level - more Papal ones are certainly needed, to get around the quite odd way the Papacy is setup in the game.

Maybe some of the historic ones could be made a bit more generic, to keep the ahistoric feeling that makes CK stand out. Eg. rulers with a low loyalty nobility have a chance of getting a "Magna Carta" style event, rather than smacking the English player with it automatically around 1215 (this may be a feature already in the beta events, but I can't remember off hand)? Or if a ruler has too many titles, or controls specific combinations (eg. Germany and Sicily- viz. Frederick II), the Pope gets annoyed and tries to take him down with Investitute controversy or limitations of secular power events?

But still, the province-based ones like the Champagne fairs or the actions of Saints, which would have happened (more or less) whoever held title to the land are great!

Thanks, suggestions are precious

BOPACK is open for every ideas, especially if the same request comes from several peoples

New fixed version of english modtext.csv can be downloaded from Jordarkelf link above and/or from official BOPACK download page

Thanks to Jordarkelf for his work ;)

I am playing with your events, I had installed them in the db/events folder, but I forgot to put the lines in the events.txt file duh :eek:o

But now they are working, haven't seen one of the historical events but maybe that is because I am not playing in the area where they occur.

One thing is that when you encounter a wandering regiment of merc's you can buy them, but the amount you have to pay is much higher then what merc's now cost in the beta, you still have the old prices (3000gold) while in the beta 1000 merc's cost something like 20 gold.

Veldmaarschalk said:
you encounter a wandering regiment of merc's

Right observation, but how to resolve the problem?
The event was drawn for create difficulty to the player. He should risk the commander, the army or to pay a lot of money (having in change the mercenaries).
To pay only 20-40 and to have 2000-3000 mercenaries would throw off balance the event.
Are 3000 gold 'a lot' of money? Perhaps yes, perhaps no, but 30 gold surely no!
How to do?
Solution A - leave things how are
Solution B - remove action_c (no payment, so no mercenaries)
Solution C - ????
What you think about it?
Bopack is an open addon, whoever can supply ideas to improve it!

I think it should be left as it is: consider you are not hiring them, but trying to bribe them into breaking their contract with their liege, so they will have to find new employment afterwards (and possibly flee the area).

I agree, when the cost of hiring them is only say 20 or 30 gold you would always pick that one.

So just leave it as it is.

BOPACK version 0.6 beta was now released
Thanks to Jordarkelf for english translation
New events are shortly described in EVENT LOG section
Please, give me feedback if you enjoy them! ;)

Awesome work! I love this mod because it has historical events. :) Can´t wait for further versions...

One question: Does historical events trigger for the computer too? Let´s say I am Sweden and the El Cid event occurres. Will I notice changes in the computerplayed iberian countries or do I only notice events for my own country?

Regards.
Radier

No, bopack events (historical or not) trigger for human player only

Next version (0.7 beta, mid-late october) will contain new historical events, if you like them ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhord
Hello!
I asked somewhere:
Is it possible to make an event for definied person? Eg. I would like to make cannonisation of Edward the Confessor.

I like BOPACK for its historical events but I think you could add more.

Quote:

First, this thread is not here to discuss things, it is just here to download the mod. Discussing should be in the discussion thread of this mod.

Second, I don't think you can make events for a definied person. but I am not sure. Why not just make him a beatified/saint by editing the scenario file ?

Because he died in 1066 and was canonized in 1161. Such event should appear around that year.
At last I found right thread:)