• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Elias Tarfarius

Damnation Incarnate
82 Badges
Nov 13, 2001
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • March of the Eagles
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Pride of Nations
  • Rise of Prussia
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
I have just finished playing is senario up to Jan. 1777. I will now try my hand at my first ARR. Here it goes!

* All misspellings in the text are intentional and are there to give a oldie feel to it.

The History of the Revolution against England and the founding of the American Republic

by the hand of Elias Jethro Wallace, a Virginia planter and statesman

In the year of 1772, I was called to go to the Frist Continintal Congress in the fair city of Philidelphia. I was a member of the Assembly in Virgina and a well knowne planter. I resided near the towne of Petersburgh upon the Appomattox with my new wife and a young son of three years. Still I went for it was my duty to my fellow Countrymen (Virginians). So upon the long journe I went. All goodly men of reason from all of the 13 colonies were in the city when I arrived. I put up in a cheap and lousey inn neary the city's hall where the meeting was to be.
Upon the 26 of December we met at noon, feeling we disscuss our fated course as a people. Our Thomas Jeferson wrote a declaration to put before the King. We assented to it. I knew now there could be now turning back. We had pled to defend not just our selves but a new country with Jeferson's eloquent words and the might of our arms!
Now having a nation called for finances, an army of some sort, and most of all a government. We set about this last thing first as should be done. We made a congress to govern the various states of our union and selected a man from each to represent his people and elected a president to rule over the council. That man was to be Arthur Norfolk of Delaware. He was an able man but was elected mostly so that the men of the various states would not become partian and sectional in the new Congress. I was made treasurer of the nation and quartermaster of the army. For the army we choose our George Washington who had serve well in the French and Indian Wars. He was given the newly fromed Congresional Army while Haratio Gates, man of good character I suspose, got command of the Continital Army. As to monies, we began with only with $50,000(500d in game terms). I thought to myself whatever shall we do, may Providence preserve was from evil and mighty King George. Thus did we enter the year 1773.

Though I never much cared for this scenario myself, I do love the revolutionary period, so keep it up!

I agree. Im hoping it is better in EU2. Im getting through it ok this time. And when I say ok it does not mean Im winning. ;)

Love the idea. I've browsed this forums a lot, but I don't recall a scenario AAR ever being done before. Keep up the good work! You can't let those imperialist fools rain on your parade of freedom and equality! ;)

1773: Success and Dissater

It was January of a new year and new begining in the history of Man.
Washington and Gates, our great generals, set off to their posts. Gates held New Jersey (Susquahana) with his headquarters at Trenton while Washington defended Boston with his army. Each had about 15,000 men and the best men of the new United Provinces to lead them.
In Feburary, the English came down from Fort Ticondoroga and took the wooded Adirondrak which belong to the state of New York at the time. All of Maine (Bangor and Penobscot) fell to the regiments of Nova Scotia. A party from the west also took some of our western settlements (Appalche). I then sent word to the Governor of Georgia to raise men to fight these 'raiders and vagbonds'. So he did. They were a regiment from Savanna under a corenel by the name of Northumberland. Gen. Gates proceded north to retake Adirondak and defeated 4,000 redcoats at Saratoga in those shrouded hills.
Meanwhile in our new capital, New York, the French ambassador arrived. Jean Dauphan de LaBraun was his name; he was a social man to say the least. He informed us that the Pope had just signed a treaty to join the Franco-Spanish allianuce. Soon after, we heard that even more of our fontier (Allegheny) had fallen to the cursed British.
In March, Washington join Gates at Saratoga so that they might together be able stop a larger army from Canada. 4,000 more came and were destoryed on the 23 of that month. Then English emmessary had the nerve to demand 25,000 pounds (250d in game terms) and Applache. The Congress politely declined.
By now the British had gather an army of about 17,000 men under the command of the Governor of Canada, Gen. Robert Murray. :eek: Washington and Gates thought they had a very strong postion and so refused to retreat. I had a very bad feeling about this one. So I helped to raise regiments of 3,000 men each in the capital and Boston.
This levee, though nessisary, was a drain on the cities. Manpower was hard to find for sometime and only $25,700 remained in the national treasury. I knew I would take the blame for any bankrupcy or ruin of our country. That why I knew a thrid battle at Saratoga would turn Fate against us.
In June, the same maurading English corenel invaded the Carolinas proper, taking the inland (Catawba) even into my Virginia (Powhatan)! Portugal allied itself to King George in this month and Jean also told us that the Turks were now an ally of France. In July I heard the news that I feared. Our gerenalisimos were trampled at Saratoga by Murray. His dragoons dismounted behind our lines breaking up our coordination. Having a larger and better trained army also aided him. Washington escaped in good order with 1889 men and 977 horse and old Horatio fled with 1477 men and 896 horse. It was said that Gen. Gates got to safety before the drop of a hat. He had left behind his army to jsut to avoid capture. He had been a coward yet he retained his position. Parma, at that time, joined the French allianuce.
In August, the Dutch ammbassador came before Congress to offer us a hand, to be their ally. President Norfolk took to the idea, but all else rejected it as a folly. Even those who opposed an treaty with French could see that the Dutch could be of little aid to us in this war. Late in the month, Murray caught up with our generals at Albany and gave us another defeat.
Soon there was better news. Col. Northumberland of Savanna and his army chrushed the maurading British at a courthouse named Gilford in North Carolina (Catawba). The English emmessary returned. His name was Sir William Jameson and we called him Sir Billy for funne. He looked on Americans as disobediant children and talked to us in such a fashion all the time. He demaned that Congress give England 20,900 pounds for war damages along with half of Maine (Bangor) and Adirondak. On the 16th of the month we wholeheartedly declined this. That same day, the kingdom of Prussia declared war on Cologne. We didn't really care, but we just wanted to see what might happen to the tiny electorate. Meanwhile in New Jersey, the tattered remains of our armies gethered. Murray's leutinant, Merryweather, with 3,960 men took New Haven and now both appeared to be marching to finish what they had began.:eek:

Last edited:
Next Edition

The next chapter is coming up tonight soon stay tuned. Any questions?

Last edited:
The French Allianuce

As the war when on it was the merchants of the new country which kept our coffers filled. The Royal navy had yet to blockade our ports and we took the chance to set up trading post wherever we went.
But this is a digrestion. Earlier in the year, in early March, we had sent a diplomatic delegation to France. It was led by Benjamin Franklin of Pennsalvannia and our Thomas Jefferson of Virginia. King Louis greeted them gratiously and had them stay at court. Yet it took them till October to convince the King to allow us to enter his grand allianuce against England. At the same time, we received the most terrible news. General Washington, our own Caesar, was again defeated by the British and had to escape to New Jersey with only 654 men and 72 horse. At Trenton, Washington gathered his shattered force and sat stunned.
In late October, Sir Billy returned to the negotiating table in New York. I had been elected to our Chairman in this matter. This was just one more job for me in addition to scraping together a new army and keeping the economy aflot, there being $15,100 currently within the treasury. I hoped I might be able to save our failing country.

Last edited: