• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

cthulhu

Great Old One
37 Badges
Jan 11, 2000
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Magicka 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • IPO Investor
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Cities: Skylines
Navaljack.png

Thread Index:

General discussion

Country Details

Events

Ministers

Leaders

Order Of Battle

Technology & Tech Teams

History of our world

Project Team

cthulhu
Ernst-Stavro

A CSA HOI2 scenario

Hello everyone. I’m considering a “little” project: to create an alternate history scenario starting in 1936, featuring a world where the Confederate States of America survived the civil war. Of course it’ll require some work to craft a history for this state and its effect on the world. Leaders and tech teams (and naval units) will have to be distributed between CSA and US (Maybe there are some leaders included in HOI2, I must admit I haven’t look yet). Events are something that should be included too. States on former US territory could include: CSA, USA, California, Utah (State of Deseret?) and maybe more.and energy to make this happen?

Last edited:
Sounds like Turtledove...

Yes, and NO. :) I'm not a fan of Turtledove's and I don't envision a background with time travellers delivering AK-47s to the South.

Last edited:
cthulhu said:
Yes, and NO. :) I'm not a fan of Turtledove's and I don't envision a background with time travellers delivering AK-47s to the South.

That's not the only alt history Turtledove wrote about a successful CSA, though. How Few Remain -> The Great War -> American Empire -> Return Engagement is an ongoing series of trilogies that chart the success of the CSA, its defeat in WW1 (along with the rest of the Quadruple Entente), and it's rise as a Fascist power for WW2.

been waiting for this. help all i can..ive read both turtledove series
that DOESENT involve ludicrous AK-47's, and it is both enjoyable and a fount of information we could draw on. (features a deseret too! im pleased with this..mormon gf, mormons are soo cuute ^_^) i can perhaps help with general names and ministers? anything else i can do i promise i will.

more then utah seems right for the mormons, but shouldent they have some of california by that map?

Last edited:
biosis123: Damn! I completely missed that one. :( I'm not sure how the world is affected by the situation in NA. At least, some of the Caribbean islands might be distributed differently. THe CSA might well control the Panama canal.

Lettow77: First of all, great that you want to help. :) I'm glad to have you aboard. I checked the other Turtledove CSA books and they sound much better. I'm not going for an exact copy but we can steal and draw a lot of ideas from your knowledge of the story. Hopefully at least a couple more to join us and then we can divide the USA leader file and go through it and distribute between the new states. No borders have been decided yet, but check out the next post with both CAL and CSA in.

Fenwick: Well my initial idea was that they just claimed ahuge chunk of territory when it became obvious that the North was losing. Then CSA was happy to support the Mormon's claims in the Peace treay, to weaken the USA. The somwhere California should be free and the alliances and outcome of TGW has to be decided.

Last edited:
csascenario1sz.jpg

Clearly the borders need adjusting...maybe the CSA capital should be Atlanta? I'm not very happy with the CSA color either. Should be gray I think...

The CSA you see in the screen shot consist of the provinces given in the revolt file in HOI2. The exact border will have to be decided when the alt history has been created. :)

Probably yeah. But it depends on how the background develops, but I have a basic idea for a timeline and its main difference from Turtledove's is that the CSA was victorious in the Great war.

cthulhu said:
biosis123: Damn! I completely missed that one. :( I'm not sure how the world is affected by the situation in NA. At least, some of the Caribbean islands might be distributed differently. THe CSA might well control the Panama canal.

i dont think so after a lond war on both parts the CSA or the USA wouldnt have had the money to purches teh panama canal; and finish it therefore it should be returned to the columbians.