• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
OOC: Why must you all tourment me with SHBBs? you know I've had to go into theropy twice! :rofl: :rofl:

Anyway sorry for my absence but I have had to give my notice to work and I leave on the 26-08 and I'm looking for a job! :( :(

9 December 1936
War Department

"What is happening at the Palace?" Sir Cyril cried to his empty office. Having got in early to the office he had perused the headlines. The Times opinioned that the King was likely to abdicate within days, the Daily Mirror claimed that Baldwin's government was likely to fall. Sir Cyril was feeling rather dejected. His adjutant knocked and opened the door.

"Sir, your morning reports."

"Anything interesting? I could do with some good news."

"Yes sir, the 1st has finished its reorganisation."

"Ah, at least something is going right. The papers have nothing but bad news."

"No sir. Do you think it's true?"

"I don't know but it seems the media is out for blood.... and there's been no denial from the crown. Strange times we live in!"

Sir Cyril shook his head as he picked up The Times and scanned the article again, he continued "To lose a King can be seen as a misfortune, to lose two in a year is just careless."

"Sir?" Simpson seemed lost.

Sir Cyril chuckled at his own joke, "Never mind Simpson, just leave the reports and return to your desk."

"Yes sir." He placed the reports in Sir Cyril's in tray and retreated to the outer office.

Sir Cyril sighed at the papers again, then mentally collected himself and reached for the first folder in his tray. Simpson had placed the report on the 1st Infantry Division on top. Sir Cyril smiled at his adjutant's thoughtfulness and got down to work.

Duritz said:
"To lose a King can be seen as a misfortune, to lose two in a year is just careless."

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

OOC: I'll skip ahead to where Dury's at for now.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sir Thomas Wallace walked in to his office and noticed his aide there, "News?"

The aide frowned, "Yes sir, it appears the king might abdicate, it's here in the Times."

Wallace sighed, "So much for stability, will Baldwin stay?"

"I'm afraid not."

The First Sea Lord winced, "A pity, he was a good Prime Minister."

The aide nodded, "What's your opinion on this?"

Wallace shrugged, "I guess I can't blame him for leaving, though it was pretty irresponsible of him." Wallace frowned, then smiled at his aide, "Any important business as of yet?"

"Not yet, sir. Though I suspect if this is true, there will be a bunch to do."

Wallace chuckled, "There's an understatement, oh well. We need to investigate what sort of potential RADAR has, and see if we can work something out with the RAF to get control of the sea-based planes on our carriers."

"Yes sir, I'll get right on it."

Addy said:
Wallace chuckled, "There's an understatement, oh well. We need to investigate what sort of potential RADAR has, and see if we can work something out with the RAF to get control of the sea-based planes on our carriers."

OOC: Was done long ago under Humpy's reign as 1SL. The Fleet Air Arm (FAA) is yours and I think even NAV's fall to you. Not 100% sure on the NAV's though.

Braedonnal said:
OOC: Was done long ago under Humpy's reign as 1SL. The Fleet Air Arm (FAA) is yours and I think even NAV's fall to you. Not 100% sure on the NAV's though.

OOC: He's right, the Yank is right. Nav's and the FAA are both the Navy's responsibility....... expect a call concerning it real soon!

Dury

The Naval Bombers and FAA should be left in the hands of the professionals, ie the Admiralty, and not a bunch of trumped up garage mechanics at the RAF.

Duritz said:
OOC: He's right, the Yank is right. Nav's and the FAA are both the Navy's responsibility....... expect a call concerning it real soon!

Dury

OOC: Ah, ok, IIRC I thought it was an ongoing argument. Well it probably still is. Still wondering where Asimov is though. Oh well I can make a good argument for the FAA easily, Nav's might be a bit harder though.

OOC: Trust me, it's all yours.

[Please don't send me back to that arguement, please! :( ]

Ah, Humpy, such a way with words...... one day you'll win a Nobel Peace prize....... :D

Evolution favours the loud and the overbearing. Navs can be argued for easily.

Sir Humphrey said:
Evolution favours the loud and the overbearing. Navs can be argued for easily.

Well, don't need Nav's against Germany, or Italy for that matter. Japan on the other hand...Admiralty will even pay for some airfields out in the South Pacific.

OCC:

Is Asimov still with us?... It looks like it is just Addy, Dury, Humphrey, wolfy (me yay! :rolleyes: ) and the US advisor... Therefore it may be that we need a new head of the RAF... :(

SirCliveWolfe said:
OCC:

Is Asimov still with us?... It looks like it is just Addy, Dury, Humphrey, wolfy (me yay! :rolleyes: ) and the US advisor... Therefore it may be that we need a new head of the RAF... :(

OOC: Dunno, haven't seen him since the budget meeting. :(

Well Nav's should be udner the control of the admiralty (soften up Kiel and Whilemhafen) and against Italy and Japan, and since they will be operating with the admiralty, its simple logic that we should have them to keep organisation simple, and reliable.

Lord_Robertus said:
lol, I ask for a promotion from a Captain in Africa to the Head of the RAF then.

OOC: Petrarca (Fighter Command) has first bite if Assy doesn't come up for air soon. So if you're listening Petty, call in.

I'll try to get an update up in the next day or two.

Dury.

OOC: Well there's one other reason Humpy, right now the RAF's primary concern is building up it's fighter wings, the Admiralty on the other hand can possibly find room in the future to get some Navs.

Well not at the expense of carriers and destroyers.