• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Aug 1, 2001
Visit site
balancedscreenie8sw.jpg

I made this scenario out of frustration. You see, while I think moddir is the greatest thing on Earth, it has drawbacks. It is hard to get MP subs with games running moddirs. It is hard to get the technically inept to run moddirs. So I decided to crank out a scenario to fill in the gaps. Peter Ebbesen's 1492 scenario is getting old and Bocaj's 1453 scenario has a few minor issues of balance as well. So I made this scenario to fix that.

The goal of this scenario is MP balance. If some ahistorical changes were made, so be it. They are minor and do not distract from the historical mood. Every player nation starts with equal tech levels in the latin tech group. The main innovation of the mod is a layered option system. Here is how each option works.

DETAILED OPTION EXPLANATIONS

Exposed European COTS: Default ON
ON: COTs in Andalusia, Tago, Flanders, Vendee, Smyrna, Danzig, Ingermanland, Skane, Veneto, Tuscany, Egypt
OFF: COTs in Andalusia, Tago, Flanders, Ile De France, Thrace, Danzig, Moscow, Sjaelland, Veneto, Genoa, Egypt

Exposed Asian COTS: Default OFF
ON: COTs in Isfahan, Gujarat, Ganges, Shanghai, Kyushu
OFF: COTs in Samarkland, Delhi, Hubei, Kansai

Common Primary Culture: Default ON
ON: Every major nation has Aborigin as primary culture
OFF: Every major nation has their homeland culture as primary culture

Extra Cultures Default OFF
ON:
England gains Gaelic
France gains Gaelic and Basque
Spain gains Italian, Basque, and Berber
Portugal gains Berber, Arabic, and Malay
Austria gains Dutch and Swiss
Brandenburg gains Polish and Czech
Poland gains Slavonic and Mongol
Denmark gains Baltic
Sweden gains German
Muscovy gain Baltic and Ruthenian
Venice gains Swiss and Arabic
Ottomans gain Mongol, Berber, and Georgian

OFF: No Gains

Extra Cores: Default OFF
ON: Everyone gains at least 10-15 expansion cores, cores on all other capitals, and colonial nations gain cores on Caribbean Islands.
OFF: No Gains

Merged North German Minors: Default ON
ON: Hanseatic League created, 2-province Hannover, 2-province Hessen
OFF: Many one-province minors in Northern Germany

Southeast Asian Nations: Default OFF
ON: Myanmar, Dai Viet, and Malacca created. COT created in Malacca
OFF: Southeast Asia is inhabited only by natives

Hardcore Pagans: Default ON
ON: Aztecs and Incas have level 2 forts in capitals, level 1 forts everywhere else, and good DP sliders for morale.
OFF: Aztecs and Incas have level 1 forts in capitals, no forts anywhere else, and bad DP sliders for morale.

Treaty of Tordesillas: Default OFF
ON: Treaty of Tordesillas effects
OFF: No Treaty of Tordesillas effects

No Free Lunch: Default OFF
ON: No inheritance events for Spain, Austria, and Ottomans
OFF: All inheritance events occur

No Forced Decline: Default OFF
ON: No decline events for Poland, Turks, or Spain
OFF: All decline events occur

No Dutch: Default OFF
ON: No Dutch Revolt Events and No Abdication of Charles V
OFF: Dutch Revolts occur normally

Dutch At Start: Default OFF
ON: Dutch Exist as Spanish Vassal, Dutch Events Slept, Belgium and F-C to Spain.
OFF: Normal gameplay

Slow Exploration: Default OFF
ON: Major colonizing nations will only have 40 years of Conquistador coverage and 35 years of Explorer coverage
OFF: Normal Exploration Leaders

Early Governors: Default OFF
ON: Every major nation gets 3 governors at game start
OFF: Normal

Equal DP Sliders: Default ON
ON: All nations begin with same DP slider settings: 8 Aristocracy, Mercantilism, and Serfdom + 5 in all others.
OFF: Default DP slider settings for each nation

Spain & Ottoman Boost: Default ON
ON: Spain and Ottomans start with better DP sliders, 2000 cash, 1/2 way to next level in every tech, and with enlarged navies.
OFF: Spain and Ottomans start with normal DP sliders, 500 cash, equal tech progress to others, and with normal navies.

Religion & Culture Mod: Default ON
ON: Slovak merged with Czech; Magyar, Romanian, and Albanian merged with Slavonic; Lithuanian merged with Baltic; Baltic, Ruthenian, Mongol, Berber, and Georgian expanded; one-province cultures eliminated.
OFF: Normal Culture Distribution, Austria gains Magyar & Slovak Cultures, Ottomans gain Magyar, Kurdish, and Romanian

Goods Mod: Default ON
ON: Goods changed worldwide to reduce number of high-value goods in world, elimination of gold in Europe, dramatic reduction in trade values!
OFF: Normal Goods distribution

Weak Persia: Default ON
ON: Persian taxes and manpower dramatically reduced to make less appealing to Ottomans
OFF: Normal values

Tax Boost Mod: Default ON
ON: Taxes boosted throughout Europe
OFF: Normal tax values

Manpower Boost Mod: Default ON
ON: Manpower boosted throughout Europe
OFF: Normal manpower values

Using these 22 options you can completely customize your 1492 experience using this scenario. HAVE FUN!!!

Attachments

• Ryokens_Balanced_1492v1_6.zip
    40,1 KB · Views: 5.562
Last edited:
Added a screenshot and updated the version.

Note: I use a custom colorscale, the scenario doesnt change your colorscale. If you WANT those colors, download my sinister colorscale from my signature.

Version 1.4 uploaded.

1. Double Existence of the City Data for Province 281 (Polotosk) fixed.

2. Double Existence of the City Data for Province 475 (Jordan) fixed.

3. Extra Cores added for Venice and Ottoman Empire (previously blank).

4. Extra Cultures added Sweden (previously blank).

5. If Default Provinces, Austria gets Magyar Culture. Hungary always has Magyar culture now. I forgot that under default provinces, magyar would exist again.

6. Reduced complexity of Default Provinces setup; added only cultural changes to eliminate Canary, Syrian, Maltese, Albanian, Armenian; and fixed some cultures/religion around Constantinople to Turkish/Sunni as-per-event-changes. Mainly a redundancy reduction + dumping annoying 1-prov cultures.

7. Fixed it so China has Han culture as primary (error was causing it to have "none" )

8. Miscellaneous small fixes I cannot remember.

Last edited:
Version 1.5 Released:

Major overhaul

1. Province data split into 5 option layers so they can be manipulated as desired by the player(s).

2. Added 2 new options as well; Equal DP Sliders and Spain & Ottoman Boost. Read descriptions in first post. BTW: Equal DP Sliders ON was built into the scenario before. The improvement is that you can now turn it off, basically.