• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Twoflower

Vile treacherous Judas
88 Badges
Nov 7, 2001
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II
  • For The Glory
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • March of the Eagles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Sengoku
  • Victoria 2
In this thread, an overhaul of the Hussite Wars will be proposed and discussed. This is gonna be based largely on the great ideas of Vaclav Adam. I'll just quote him:
Vaclav Adam said:
My proposal for the period 1419-1490 is to have two countries, Hussite Bohemia (HBO) and Catholic Bohemia (CBO).
# Vaclav IV's death:
HBO gets Erz, Sud and Boh plus cores on Mor and Sil, turns protestant(or reformed), loses German as culture etc., as it is now, plus strong revolt in Sudeten that controls the city (Hussites never controlled Pilsen)
CBO gets Sil (capital) and Mor, cores on the rest, becomes HUN vassals, allies etc. as it is now when BOH accepts Sigi, plus strong revolt in Mor
Human player has the choice to continue as HBO or CBO.
Hungary does not get any cores (just hates HBO and loves CBO, so it will surely help CBO to both defend and attack).

Hussite wars:

If HBO defeated (defeat = all HBO provinces not controlled by HBO), or # Iglau until CBO alive, BOH united (no BB hits of course, German culture is national) - plus third countries surrender their conquests and are restituted, if conquered - great idea, just don't know why Poland seems to be exempted, BTW but this may be my bad reading of the event
Hungary and even Austria can get vp, but not provinces.

If CBO defeated, everything goes to HBO (not sure about BB hits) and we go on with Twoflower's excellent events.

# Iglau or HBO defeated:
Bohemia gets back everything and surrenders any conquests, but no cessions to Hungary, German culture back.

Generally speaking, the difference between Iglau and defeat is in domestic policy settings and in vp's for Hungary/Austria.

The CBO/HBO cores setting should make sure than any revolters will defect to the other fraction rather than foreign powers.
Vaclav Adam said:
Twoflower and Isaack,

this is my approach to Bohemian events for sigismond's fight against the hussites, let's discuss them if you want. I am not concrete until we decide if having a Czech revolter makes sense. The descriptions are only outlines.

# 1st defenestration of Prague
as Twoflower proposed it. Consider also serfdom = -1 and innovativeness = 1, because the defenestration led to a switch of power in the city of Prague from the most rich burghers to the 'middle-class' and enhanced religious freedom.

# Death of Vaclav IV
A: Join the Hussites and reject the traitor - this would have the dp effects that Twoflower proposed, plus: (i) create 'revolter'; (ii) secede Moravia and Silesia to 'CBO'; (iii) change religion in Bohemia, Erz and Sudeten to reformed; (iv) war with 'revolter'; (v) anything else regarding the initial settings for 'revolter' - enters alliance with Hungary, flag = bohemia?
B: Fight the Hussites and accept our rightful king - (i) create 'revolter'; (ii) secede Bohemia, Erz and Sudeten to 'revolter'; (iii) change religion in Bohemia, Erz and Sudeten to reformed; (iv) movecapital to Silesia; (v) innovativeness = -1; (vi) serfdom = 1; (vii) relations with Hungary (Austria, Papacy, others) = 200; (viii) war against 'revolter'; (ix) anything else regarding the settings for 'revolter' - flag = hussite, religion = reformed etc?

# Death of Vaclav IV for Hungary
Hungary get core on Bohemia (if you think this is needed to stimulate it to fight the hussites)

Heresy in Bohemia and Crusade against hussites
as you proposed, except for Oldrich z Rozmberka as Hungarian leader - he would be 'CBO' leader.

NEW # Death of Vaclav IV for Meissen, Saxony, Brandenburg, Bavaria, Croatia, Austrai
warning that they will have to surrender any conquered Bohemian provinces

The following events are BOH or revolter, depending who is who (hussite or catholic).

# Community of Tabor [hussites]
A: same as Twoflower
B: same except no changes in dp [no taborite influence means continuation of existing situation, i.e. the dominance of Prague in the hussite movement]

NEW # Battle of Malesov [hussites]
7 June 1424; only if Community of Tabor A; "In 1423 broke an internal war between the taborites and an alliance of Prague and utraquist aristocracy. The taborites (Zizka) won on 7 June 1424 at Malesov. This victory meant radicalization of the hussites and the hussites went into offensive. The internal war, however, costed many lives."
A: centralization = -2; land = 1; quality = 1; aristocracy = 1 (influence of gentry); serfdom = -2; get 10-year CB on Austria, Bavaria, Sachsen, Meissen and Hungary (to simulate hussite raids); population in Bohemia, Erz, Sudeten, Moravia (Moravia only if controlled by the Hussites) = - 10% of 1419.

NEW # Settlement initiative [hussites]
between 1424 and 1427; only if Community of Tabor B; "The war has catastrophic consequences on our economy. should we consider proposing peace?"
A: No. Population in Bohemia, Erz, Sudeten, Moravia (Moravia only if controlled by the Hussites) = - 10% of 1419.
B: Yes. Triggers 'Hussites propose peace' for the Catholics or Hungary, if Catholics do not exist. population in Bohemia, Erz, Sudeten, Moravia (Moravia only if controlled by the Hussites) = - 10% of 1419.

NEW # Hussites offer settlement. [catholics, not played by the human player]
triggered by Settlement initiative B
A: Accept. [Game end]
B: No concessions.

NEW # Catholics accepted the compromise [hussites]
Triggered by Hussites offer settlement A
A: Cool - consequences as in current Iglau, plus German culture back (including events restituting conquered provinces)

NEW # Hussites offer settlement. [Hungary]
triggered by Settlement intiative B and 'CBO' does not exist
A: Accept. - As current Settlement with the Hussites (no cores involved)

NEW # Hungary accepted the compromise [hussites]
Triggered by Hussites offer settlement A
A: Cool - consequences as in current Iglau, plus German culture back (including events restituting conquered provinces)

NEW # Settlement initiative [hussites not played by human player, catholics played by human player]
between 1424 and 1427; only if Community of Tabor B; "The war has catastrophic consequences on our economy. should we consider proposing peace?"
A: No. Population in Bohemia, Erz, Sudeten, Moravia (Moravia only if controlled by the Hussites) = - 10% of 1419.
B: Yes. Triggers 'Hussites propose peace' for the Catholics or Hungary, if Catholics do not exist. population in Bohemia, Erz, Sudeten, Moravia (Moravia only if controlled by the Hussites) = - 10% of 1419. [Possible game end]

NEW # Hussites offer settlement. [catholics human player]
triggered by Settlement intiative B
A: Accept. - annex 'HBO', capital to Prague, dp settings and diplo relations changed to correspond to what 'HBO' would have after Iglau, plus restitutions.

NEW # Economic consequences of endless wars.
Not Settlement accepted; the same event for 'CBO' and 'HBO'
A: Population in Bohemia = - 35 % of 1419
Silesia = - 25 % of 1419; Moravia = - 25 % of 1419; Erz and Sudeten = - 30 % of 1419.

If the wars do not end by settlement in 1427, we would go to the mechanism that Twoflower proposed for settlement and military defeat [plus the possibility that the human plays 'CBO', German culture is back, all CBs removed and minus the possibility for Zikmund (right Czech spelling) to incorporate Bohemia into Hungary].

Rather than assigning a tag to "Catholic Bohemia" (which seems like a rather obscure country), I think that the Hussites should be assigned a tag. After all, Sigismund's government in the catholic crown lands was universally perceived as the legitimate Kingdom of Bohemia, and this is the country that should use the shield, flag etc. of Bohemia. Also, the Hussites might make for a good revolter until the reformation.
As flag and shield, the Hussites could use the chalice, symbol of the movement and basic motive of all Hussite war flags, either the white chalice on black ground that was used by the Utraquists, as can be seen here:
hus3.jpg

or a white chalice on red ground, war flag of Jan Ziska.
In revolt.txt, the Hussites would have the Bohemian provinces (Bohemia, Sudeten and Ostmarch) as their minimum provinces and the crown lands (Silesia, Moravia and Erz) as extra.
They would obviously get the Hussite leaders; as for monarchs, it might be good to find something better than just "Hussite regency", however on the other hand the movement was so decentralized and anarchic that it's almost impossible to find anything more specific.

Currently, I have Bohemia switch to this flag/shield when they go Hussite. Don't know how historically correct it is, but it does have the chalice and that 'rebel' feel. :)

http://www.fotw.net/flags/cz-tabor.html

I never noticed the older flag of just a chalice farther down :eek:o

The events to set up the two states. I made supporting Sigismund and the catholics the A choice because this is the simpler sequence (releasing Bohemia in just the crown lands requires a little workaround, as you can see below), because it was actually the Hussites who rebelled against the legitimate King of Bohemia and because Sigismund eventually ended up in possession of Bohemia. More events to come.
Improved version posted on page 3

Last edited:
Perhaps if the Hussites win, they could switch to being Bohemia, but with that flag of the lion holding a chalice. I'd love to see an entire chain of fantasy events, as Bohemia is one of my favourite countries to play, and I usually have the Hussites win.

I think this looks very promising and I too think there should be a Hussite tag. To make it fit better into later events I agree with Axin it should eventually revert to Bohemia, with new flags (CoA and script flag). I guess it somehow would have adopted to the ruling system around them if they have won, since re-using the cloak of the kingdom of Bohemia would have been their easiest way of gaining acceptence.
I think both setup events should include free troops.
Is there really any point in having the AI chose between the factions? It will end up the same from an outside point of view and if we just let the AI always take option a we'll avoid the ceding of provinces.

Also, we must remember to fix Aluns reformation stuff to not turn any remaining reformed provinces protestant when the reformation starts. It was discussed some week ago, could probably be submitted now.

Last edited:
Khephren said:
Currently, I have Bohemia switch to this flag/shield when they go Hussite. Don't know how historically correct it is, but it does have the chalice and that 'rebel' feel. :)

http://www.fotw.net/flags/cz-tabor.html

I never noticed the older flag of just a chalice farther down :eek:o
I like them, the red and black reminds of much later rebellious movements too. Perhaps the lion as CoA and the flag further down as flag?

[not sure if written names are correct in english -- :)]
Well, Hussites didn't like each other. Orphans hated ultrakwists in Praha and both groups hated Taborits. It should be added in events - like forming coaltion with ultrakwists to crush orphans or something.

Rythin said:
[not sure if written names are correct in english -- :)]
Well, Hussites didn't like each other. Orphans hated ultrakwists in Praha and both groups hated Taborits. It should be added in events - like forming coaltion with ultrakwists to crush orphans or something.
Sounds like there could be a revolt risk to give rebellions in the hussite provinces, but we should make sure recruitment isn't disturbed too much.

Norrefeldt said:
I think this looks very promising and I too think there should be a Hussite tag. To make it fit better into later events I agree with Axin it should eventually revert to Bohemia, with new flags (CoA and script flag). I guess it somehow would have adopted to the ruling system around them if they have won, since re-using the cloak of the kingdom of Bohemia would have been their easiest way of gaining acceptence.
Well, how about this: if the Hussites prevail (=they own all their three starting provinces, Bohemia doesn't exist and the Hussites have rejected the Compactates of Iglau, which should always be the ahistorical choice no matter how successful the Hussites have been in order to ensure that the AI will rarely do this and Bohemia will end up in Hapsburg possession), they will get an event for the historical civil war between Podiebrad and Rozmberka, however in this scenario, Podiebrad and his Hussite supporters would use the opportunity to soundly eliminate the power of the remaining Romanist nobles, and after prevailing, Podiebrad is made hereditary King - hereditary King because Podiebrad would here have more support, the Romanists would be virtually powerless and there would be even more hostility towards foreign rule, and hence it is somewhat realistic that he would have managed to establish his dynasty instead of inviting a catholic Pole into the country. This would turn the Hussites into Bohemia, give Bohemia the cool flag with the lion and the chalice, awake the Podiebrad succession and somewhat stabilize the country.
I think both setup events should include free troops.
Indeed, and free money as well, good point :)
Is there really any point in having the AI chose between the factions? It will end up the same from an outside point of view and if we just let the AI always take option a we'll avoid the ceding of provinces.
The problem is that we need to allow the player to choose. I know that the thing with the ceding of provinces to Hungary looks weird, but it is the only way Bohemia can be released in just the crown lands (we'd need to add the crown lands to Bohemia's minimum provinces in revolt.txt).
Also, we must remember to fix Aluns reformation stuff to not turn any remaining reformed provinces protestant when the reformation starts. It was discussed some week ago, could probably be submitted now.
What remaining reformed provinces? Are you alluding that the Hussite provinces should change their religion in 1419? This would not be a bad idea actually, especially since we could then make some provinces protestant (=Utraquist) and some reformed (=Taborite) and represent the conflict between the factions by the Hussites switching religions.

Twoflower said:
Well, how about this: if the Hussites prevail (=they own all their three starting provinces, Bohemia doesn't exist and the Hussites have rejected the Compactates of Iglau, which should always be the ahistorical choice no matter how successful the Hussites have been in order to ensure that the AI will rarely do this and Bohemia will end up in Hapsburg possession), they will get an event for the historical civil war between Podiebrad and Rozmberka, however in this scenario, Podiebrad and his Hussite supporters would use the opportunity to soundly eliminate the power of the remaining Romanist nobles, and after prevailing, Podiebrad is made hereditary King - hereditary King because Podiebrad would here have more support, the Romanists would be virtually powerless and there would be even more hostility towards foreign rule, and hence it is somewhat realistic that he would have managed to establish his dynasty instead of inviting a catholic Pole into the country. This would turn the Hussites into Bohemia, give Bohemia the cool flag with the lion and the chalice, awake the Podiebrad succession and somewhat stabilize the country.
I have to read more about it before I answer, I got lost in all this.

Twoflower said:
The problem is that we need to allow the player to choose. I know that the thing with the ceding of provinces to Hungary looks weird, but it is the only way Bohemia can be released in just the crown lands
Yes, but I think there should be two events, one for humans and one for the AI; that one would be without the ceding back and forth.

Twoflower said:
What remaining reformed provinces? Are you alluding that the Hussite provinces should change their religion in 1419? This would not be a bad idea actually, especially since we could then make some provinces protestant (=Utraquist) and some reformed (=Taborite) and represent the conflict between the factions by the Hussites switching religions.
Oh, I remember, someone managed to convert the provinces during the time they were Hussites. Is it possible to change provincereligion by command before the reformation? I don't know, but I have read about it, and there might have been a problem (easy to test anyhow). If it's possible we could have different religions, or just have all provinces get some RR to simulate the different factions.

The event for the first crusade against the Hussites, now affecting Bohemia instead of Hungary (since Bohemia is allied to Hungary, it will quite probably receive aid from Hungary anyway)
Code:
#Heresy in Bohemia
event = {
      id = 251100
      trigger = { event = 3801 
                       exists = U30 
                       exists = BOH 
                     }
      random = no
      country = PAP
      name = "The Hussite Heresy"
     desc = "EVENTHIST251100"
      style = 1

date = { day = 1 month = march year = 1420 }

action_a = {
               name = "Call for a crusade against the Hussites"
               command = { type = treasury value = -100 }
               command = { type = trigger which = Bohemia2 } #BOH: Crusade against the Hussites
               command = { type = relation which = HUN value = 50 }
                 }
      action_b = {
               name = "This is none of our business"
               command = { type = stability value = -1 }
               command = { type = relation which = HUN value = -50 }
                 }
}
#Crusade against the Hussites
event = {
      id = Bohemia2
      random = no
      country = BOH
      name = "Crusade against the Hussites"
      desc = "EVENTHIST251100"
      style = 1

action_a = {
              name = "Let's crush these heretic rebels"
              command = { type = war which = U30 }
              command = { type = INF which = 315 value = 10000 }
              command = { type = CAV which = 315 value = 5000 } 
              command = { type = ai which = BOH_antihussite.ai }
                 }
}
The community of Tabor (old event), now happening to the Hussites, and the first new event suggested by Vaclav, the battle of Malesov. I've added the possibility to pick the side that wins the battle just because I like giving choices in events. In both events, the choices might need to be balanced a bit more, since it is currently a lot better to go with the Taborites; on the other hand the historical option should usually be the more attractive one.
If the Hussites decide against the Taborites in one of the two events, the events for the early settlement initiative will happen.
Code:
#The community of Tabor
event = {
      id = Hussites2
      random = no 
      country = U30
      name = "The community of Tabor"
      desc = "EVENTHIST129001"
      style = 1

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1420 }
      offset = 100 

action_a = { 
               name = "Allow for the Taborite's influence"
               command = { type = wakeleader which = 09680 } #Zizka
               command = { type = wakeleader which = 09681 } #Procop Holy
               command = { type = wakeleader which = XXXX } #Prokupek
               command = { type = domestic which = land value = 2 }
               command = { type = land value = 1000 }
               command = { type = fortress which = -2 value = 1 }
               command = { type = fortress which = 327 value = 1 }
               command = { type = fortress which = 330 value = 1 }
               command = { type = domestic which = serfdom value = -2 }
               command = { type = provincemanpower which = -2 value = 4 }
               command = { type = provincemanpower which = 327 value = 2 }
               command = { type = INF which = -2 value = 25000 }
               command = { type = CAV which = -2 value = 5000 }
               command = { type = revoltrisk which = 120 value = 2 }
               command = { type = setflag which = Taborites }
               command = { type = stability value = -2 }
                 }
      action_b = {
               name = "Supress these fanatics"
               command = { type = stability value = 1 }           
               command = { type = revolt which = -2 }
                 }
}
#Battle of Malesov
event = {
        id = Hussites3
        trigger = { flag = Taborites 
                       }
        random = no 
        country = XXX #Hussites
        name = "Battle of Malesov"
        desc = "Almost ever since the Hussite movement existed, there had been conflict between the 
radical and the moderate wing of the faith. In 1423 this conflict turned into open warfare between the 
Taborites, led by the brillant Jan Ziska, and an alliance of the city of Prague and the Utraquist aristocracy. 
The brutal internal war cost many lives and weakened the Hussites substantially. A decisive battle 
at Malesov on June 7th 1424 was won by the Hussites. As a consequence, the influence of the Taborites 
in Hussite Bohemia increased dramatically, which resulted in a radicalisation of the whole movement, a 
more hostile attitude towards Sigismund and his catholic supporters and a more offensive strategy. Of 
course, the battle could have had a different outcome..."

style  = 1

date = { day = 7 month = june year = 1424 }
        offset = 0

action_a = {
                     name = "The Taborites win the day"
                     command = { type = domestic which = centralization value = -2 } 
                     command = { type = domestic which = land value = 1 }
                     command = { type = domestic which = aristocracy value = -1 }
                     command = { type = domestic which = serfdom value = -2 } 
                     command = { type = population which = 328 value = -5000 }
                     command = { type = population which = 327 value = - 2000 }
                     command = { type = population which = 330 value = -2000  }
                     command = { type = population which = 315 value = -2000 }
                     command = { type = provincetax which = 328 value = -1 }
                     command = { type = provincetax which = 327 value = -1 }
                     command = { type = provincetax which = 330 value = -1 }
                     command = { type = provincetax which = 315 value = -1 }
                          }
         action_b = {
                      name = "The Moderates win the day" 
                      command = { type = clrflag which = Taborites }
                      command = { type = sleepleader which = 09681 } #Prokop Holy
                      command = { type = sleepleader which = XXXXX } #Prokupek
                      command = { type = domestic which = centralization value = 1 }
                      command = { type = domestic which = aristocracy value = 1 }
                      command = { type = domestic which = serfdom value = 1 }
                      command = { type = population which = 328 value = -5000 }
                      command = { type = population which = 327 value = - 2000 }
                      command = { type = population which = 330 value = -2000  }
                      command = { type = population which = 315 value = -2000 }
                          }
}
The early settlement initiative that happens if the Hussites decide against the Taborites, as proposed by Vaclav. I decided not to give even human Hussites the possibility to inherit Bohemia here because IMO the purpose of playing the Hussites is to do better than historically, win the Hussite wars and eliminate catholic and foreign influence. It makes few sense to play the Hussites just achieve a settlement and become catholic again in 1424.
Code:
#Settlement initiative
event = {
         id = Hussites4
         trigger = { NOT = { flag = Taborites } 
                        exists = BOH 
                        ai = yes }
         random = no
         country = XXX #Hussites
         name = "Settlement initiative"
         desc = "The war with the catholic supporters of Sigismund in Bohemia, the internal conflict within the Hussite 
movement and the invasions of crusader armies have catastrophic consequences for Bohemia's economy. 
Also many of the Utraquists think that only by a compromise with the Catholics and acknowledging Sigismund 
as King of Bohemia the existance of the Hussite faith can be secured permanently. Should we propose peace 
to the Catholics and end this devastating war?"
          style = 1

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1424 }
          offset = 900

action_a = {
                       name = "We shall not compromise with the traitor of Jan Hus!"
                          }
           action_b = {
                       name = "Try to negotiate peace (possibly game over)"
                       command = { type = trigger which = Bohemia3 } #BOH: Hussites offer settlement
                           }
}
#Hussites offer settlement
event = {
         id = Bohemia3
         random = no
         country = BOH
         name = "Hussites offer settlement"
         desc = "Exhausted by the devastating war and having suppressed the most radical forces, the heretic Hussite 
rebels have offered us a settlement. This would allow our King Sigismund to finally come to rule all of Bohemia, however 
at the price of some concessions to this movement, which might cause us some prestige in the catholic world."
          style = 1

action_a = {
                        name = "Accept their terms and reunite Bohemia"
                        command = { type = inherit which = U30 }
                        command = { type = domestic which = innovative value = 2 }
                        command = { type = domestic which = serfdom value = -3 }
                        command = { type = domestic which = aristocracy value = -2 }
                        command = { type = domestic which = centralization value = -1 }
                        command = { type = relation which = PAP value = -150 }                 
                        command = { type = relation which = HAB value = -50 } 
                        command = { type = relation which = LAT value = -50 } 
                        command = { type = relation which = BRA value = -50 }
                        command = { type = relation which = U16 value = -50 }
                        command = { type = relation which = LUX value = -50 }
                        command = { type = relation which = BAY value = -50 }
                        command = { type = vp value = -50 }
                           }
        action_b = {
                       name = "Reject a compromise with these heretics"
                       command = { type = trigger which = Bohemia4 } #BOH: Economic consequences of endless wars
                       command = { type = trigger which = Hussites5 } #U30: Economic consequences of endless wars
                         }
}
#Economic consequences of endless wars
event = {
         id = Bohemia4
         random = no
         country = BOH
         name = "Economic consequences of endless wars"
         desc = "Since the initiative to settle the conflict between King Sigismund and the Hussites has failed, the 
bloody fighting in Bohemia will go on. Further depopulation, pillaging and destruction is the certain consequence. This 
will cause immense suffering to the populace, no matter if Romanist or Hussite, and hurt
Bohemia's economic development for many years to come."
          style = 1

action_a = {
                        name = "How terrible"
                        command = { type = population which = 328 value = -8000 }
                        command = { type = population which = 327 value = -4000 }
                        command = { type = population which = 330 value =  -4000  }
                        command = { type = population which = 315 value = -3000 }
                        command = { type = population which = 314 value = -3000 }
                        command = { type = population which = 329 value = -3000 }
                        command = { type = provincetax which = 314 value = -1 }
                        command = { type = provincetax which = 329 value = -1 } 
                            }
}

#Economic consequences of endless wars
event = {
         id = Hussites5
         random = no
         country = U30
         name = "Economic consequences of endless wars"
         desc = "Since the initiative to settle the conflict between King Sigismund and the Hussites has failed, the 
bloody fighting in Bohemia will go on. Further depopulation, pillaging and destruction is the certain consequence. This 
will cause immense suffering to the populace, no matter if Romanist or Hussite, and hurt
Bohemia's economic development for many years to come."
          style = 1

action_a = {
                        name = "How terrible"
                        command = { type = population which = 328 value = -8000 }
                        command = { type = population which = 327 value = -4000 }
                        command = { type = population which = 330 value =  -4000  }
                        command = { type = population which = 315 value = -3000 }
                        command = { type = population which = 314 value = -3000 }
                        command = { type = population which = 329 value = -3000 }
                        command = { type = provincetax which = 314 value = -1 }
                        command = { type = provincetax which = 329 value = -1 } 
                            }
}

Last edited:
We should be very careful about using permanent base tax hits to represent effects of war. Remember that these same hits will still be inhibiting the region in 1819. I generally support either:
1) reflecting such damage with RR (where appropriate), since RR now also lowers tax income, or
2) including another event to raise the tax values back after an appropriate length of time (no more than a generation, in most cases).

Norrefeldt said:
Oh, I remember, someone managed to convert the provinces during the time they were Hussites. Is it possible to change provincereligion by command before the reformation? I don't know, but I have read about it, and there might have been a problem (easy to test anyhow). If it's possible we could have different religions, or just have all provinces get some RR to simulate the different factions.

If you convert the provinces successfully before the reformation, as soon as it hits the provinces will be whatever you converted them to. Saves time;)

All events sound very interesting. Just hope that you are not going to make Czech kingdom pure like Afghanistan with all these tax hits Twoflower, taxes should be restored afterwards. :)
And may be BOH should move capital to Prague after reunification.

Some small correction of various Czech names:

Zikmund (liska rysava; foxy fox as Czech nationalists called him later on :) )
Jiri z Podebrad
Rozmberk (but Oldrich z Rozmberka, i.e. Oldrich from Rozmberk; I know silly declinations of ours :) )
Prokop Holy (literal translation: Kickthrough Hairless :rofl: )
Jan Zizka

Tomas the Great said:
All events sound very interesting. Just hope that you are not going to make Czech kingdom pure like Afghanistan with all these tax hits Twoflower, taxes should be restored afterwards. :)
And may be BOH should move capital to Prague after reunification.
You do realise that Bohemia starts as the richest province in the whole game, right? ;) So even with its tax value reduced by a few events it would still have something above 15, which is not exactly poor like Afghanistan :p
Some small correction of various Czech names:

Zikmund (liska rysava; foxy fox as Czech nationalists called him later on :) )
Jiri z Podebrad
Rozmberk (but Oldrich z Rozmberka, i.e. Oldrich from Rozmberk; I know silly declinations of ours :) )
Prokop Holy (literal translation: Kickthrough Hairless :rofl: )
Jan Zizka
Thanks. And Prokop the Lesser is called Prokupek in Czech?

Last edited:
Zander said:
We should be very careful about using permanent base tax hits to represent effects of war. Remember that these same hits will still be inhibiting the region in 1819. I generally support either:
1) reflecting such damage with RR (where appropriate), since RR now also lowers tax income, or
2) including another event to raise the tax values back after an appropriate length of time (no more than a generation, in most cases).
I also think that RR is better to lower income, if possible.
Btw, will you include accepted suggestions in your code here as we go or should we report it afterwards? :(

Twoflower said:
You do realise that Bohemia starts as the richest province in the whole game, right? ;) So even with its tax value reduced by a few events it would still have something above 15, which is not exactly poor like Afghanistan :p

The richest, you say? Well, I thought this goes without saying. But we are discussing why you reduce our poor tax revenues. (Typical Czech answer ;) )

Twoflower said:
Thanks. And Prokop the Lesser is called Prokupek in Czech?

Yes.