• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Vann the Red said:
Nice to see you are upholding the Prussian tradition of beating up on France. "Hmmm... How to handle the impending crisis... I know! Let's invade France! It's worked every other time so far."
:rofl:

This is terrible. If Hitler is send away on a dagerous mission he could be wounded, forcing him to spend the rest of the war in a hospital enabling him to survive and have a political career afterwards :eek:

Brilliant scenario bringing him onto your story Rensslaer!

Damn! Two updates! Oh, my workload just got thrown back to this afternoon! :eek:o

Nice move on beating up on France, but methinks that things are not going to be all rosey, especiall with the entrance of everyone's favorite little corporal of Austrian extract.

Oh, Rocketman, I wouldn't be so sure about that... :D

Now... why do have the feeling that Renss is about to drop the other shoe here soon and it's gonna be one big nasty boot? :eek:

Yeah, as I read I keep thinking to myself, "Wait for it..." After all, nothing can be THAT easy, not even the conquest of France. Maybe the SGF will activate their 90 division mob pool and occupy Berlin. I'd laugh except it happenned to me once. :mad: Curse the SGF!

Allez les bleus! :p

Korenyi has it much to nice sitting in a Paris mansion, he needs to be running back to Berlin with the might of Europe (excluding Prussia) right behind him.

Avernite: ..Korenyi..needs to be running back to Berlin with the might of Europe (excluding Prussia) right behind him.

i would agree except i thought that Prussia had outlawed slavery! ! ;)

GhostWriter said:
Avernite: ..Korenyi..needs to be running back to Berlin with the might of Europe (excluding Prussia) right behind him.

:rofl: Touche!

Well, Herr Hitler could find himself killed in the process, thus sparing the world of his later rhetoric. Though I have a feeling the old "stabbed in the back" talking point won't carry much water in this timeline anyway. ;)

ss844.jpg

This was, General Neuenhagen reflected, perhaps the first time he had had to truly sit down and relax since this whole Munich invasion began. He sighed, and allowed his long, lanky frame to slide under the desk. He stretched backward, flexing his arms over his head.

Feeling much better, he refocused on his desk. Seizing a piece of paper, he snatched a pen with the other hand, dipped it in the inkwell, and began to write.

June 14th, 1912

My Dear Hannah,

We have finally defeated the infamous Bayeners, and we now have only to exert our control over the whole of the city against lawless elements. Most of the people here are not hostile – they are Germans, after all – but they are tired. It has been a long two and a half months since this began.
With the hand which held the pen, Neuenhagen sat back and brushed his long chin through his dark beard.

ss845.jpg

I believe we will soon be moving out to join the war in France. This is, if there is any war left to attend! The word I have is that Neumünster has entered Paris with his corps, and that General Zücker is closing to reinforce from the north and Friedenstahl from the south.

I really can’t imagine that we won’t have them at the treaty table long before we can even arrive in France. But in warfare, there is always the odd thing…
“General, Sir?!” his aide said, with a hint of anxiety and breathlessness. He looked up, inquiringly. Steeling himself, his aide went on. “Sir, we have received reports that there has been a reverse. Neumünster has been thrown back from Paris, and they are in full retreat.”

Last edited:
oh no, is this a mirror of the 1st marne? i can't think of anything worse for prussia right now than a stalemate

I knew that other shoe was gonna drop and be big 'un! UGH!

C'mon Korenyi, I know you can pull this one out of the fire... somehow.

Rensslaer said:
“General, Sir?!” his aide said, with a hint of anxiety and breathlessness. He looked up, inquiringly. Steeling himself, his aide went on. “Sir, we have received reports that there has been a reverse. Neumünster has been thrown back from Paris, and they are in full retreat.”
Now, what choice expletive would Neuenhagen growl next? :p

As was said before, you want to resolve your wars quickly, before UK, Russia, and US can extricate themselves from their wars, and concentrate on you. Stalemate is not going to be good for the Prussian War Machine (tm).

The way to fix this reverse is to let your troops withdraw, regroup, and then smash the French once again. Works everytime. :D

Rensslaer: ..“..Neumünster has been thrown back from Paris, and they are in full retreat.”

the tone is that this is just a temporary thing... after all, these are the French that we are fighting! ! ;)

very nice update! ! :cool:

The French still have a few surprising up their sleeves I see. However I think this will just prolong the French agony. A two-and-a-half month battle - from the screenshot I'm guessing your casualties ran in the 40-45% range. Is that true? The Munichers knew how to fight.

stnylan said:
The French still have a few surprising up their sleeves I see. However I think this will just prolong the French agony. A two-and-a-half month battle - from the screenshot I'm guessing your casualties ran in the 40-45% range. Is that true? The Munichers knew how to fight.
I think it was more like 25-30%. Some of my units retreated before getting squashed.

Still, those numbers are hard to imagine these days. But for whatever reason, losing 20,000 men in one day was not such a big deal in 19th century warfare! Or World War I for that matter. It became a bigger deal starting with WWII, I think.

Rensslaer

I agree with Fj44. Regroup and try again. Paris is too big a prize to let off the hook.

GhostWriter said:

I think I'm missing the point, I don't see anything related to slavery in my post :wacko:

Anyhow, seems like my prediction is coming true! Go Empress Wilhelmina :p

Good to see that the South German shitsacks have finally been brought to task. :)

A little feedback before we go on... Seems like forever since I did feedback (because it's been 3 updates), but it's only been two days!
Rey said:
BTW, you're still doing a great AAR! Despite not commenting too often latelly I've been reading every update!
Thank you very much, Rey! Great to see you.

Actually, this is a great opportunity to say a great big THANK YOU to all the readers who have supported me over the years!

Coz1 and Stnylan have been encouraging me since virtually day 1 of this thing (back in June of 2004!). Draco Rexus came in on page 5, which I think was about Aug 2004. All three of you guys have been faithful readers and commenters week after week since then. And GhostWriter isn't far behind, having started on page 25 in Nov 2004! Thank you!

And there are also folks like Von Lippe (page 8) Vincent Julien (page 8) and Rey (page 13) who have been around and haven't always commented, but who have kept up on the story over the years (there may be others who haven't commented recently -- Heretic? Tekcor?). I do really appreciate it!

I miss JoshWeber and Lord G.Q.Greven, too, but they are no longer here for obvious reasons.

There are many others of you who have been faithful commenters recently -- and I appreciate your support too! -- but I wanted to take a moment to reflect upon those who've been here for more than a year (almost 2 for some of you!).

Well.... Now that I'm all teared up and stuff, it's as good a time as any to introduce everyone to my new family member! My new, adopted son -- Rocketman! -- the prodigal Municher/Bayerner who I have just brought into my home to cherish and love and take care of! Welcome, Rocketman, to GrossDeutschland! ;)

FJ44 - I like and agree with the Harper's Ferry comment. But Waldemar will make it through.

Avernite - You had suggested that Korenyi might be followed back to Berlin by "the might of Europe". GhostWriter was cleverly turning your words against you, suggesting that perhaps "the might of Europe" might be following him back to Berlin in chains!

Vann the Red said:
Wow. You really lit the fuse, Renss. Vann
... as is now quite apparent! :D
angryclown said:
That is one serious king-hit on the French. It looks like you have the situation well under control.

Or am I wrong? :)
:rolleyes:
Draco Rexus said:
Now... why do have the feeling that Renss is about to drop the other shoe here soon and it's gonna be one big nasty boot? :eek:
VILenin said:
Yeah, as I read I keep thinking to myself, "Wait for it..." After all, nothing can be THAT easy, not even the conquest of France.
Rensslaer said:
btw... There is a clue to the future buried in the last line of the last update...
...which, of course, was that the French government was considering leaving Paris for a safer refuge to the west (Chartres)! Bad things, hiding in that forest, there were! Worse than an ugly boot, Draco!

GhostWriter - I don't regard Neuenhagen as a bad general (from Munich), just as a detached and overconfident one. He's listed as "brilliant", has some good stats, and did a reasonably good job with Munich, all things considered. As for artillery... ... I was sure I had some in there. Should have been plenty. But I can't actually swear to it. This was played about a year ago, after all!

You will all see how Hitler will develop to play a part in the AAR. He's appeared twice, now, in less than auspicious circumstances.

I am desperately trying to avoid a stalemate, but, as you will see, things got pretty hairy. We'll see!

FJ44 - You are correct. It will be imperative that we wrap this up quickly, or it might quickly get... overly complicated!

East_Emnet, first time I've seen your comment, so welcome! You've stepped onto the ride of your life, here! Hope you enjoy it!

Big thanks to Coz1, Rocketman, East_Emnet, Vann the Red, Stnylan, GhostWriter, Prussiablue, Rey, Von Lippe, FJ44, VILenin, Angryclown, Vincent Julien, Draco Rexus, KPTB, FlorisdeViejfde, Avernite, and Maximiliano for your kind and insightful comments!!!

I should have another update later today!

Rensslaer

Oh dear, so the French campaign is not the cake-walk that was originally thought. Ah well, it can't be all bier and skittles :)

At least you're now getting the upper hand in München