• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Zuckergußgebäck

Den ökända hästen från Troja
11 Badges
Jan 7, 2004
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • 500k Club
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
OK, so here is my nuff AAR, it will be about France trying to conquer the Mughal empire to get their hands on the mythical creature... the himalayan nuff!

(Any accusations of Heagarthy copying is considered an serious offense)

Last edited:
Nuff FAQ

nuff.jpg
Siberian nuff​
The nuff is a small fox-like creature with a very long nose. It has a very good sence of smell. Its sound is very simply 'Nuff' from which it has earned its name. When threatened, the Nuff screams 'NUFF!' in a very high-pitched manner, giving the attacker a blistering headache.

The nuffs primary source of food is mice and other small rodents, which it hunts in groups, once the nuff is close enough to its prey, it screams 'NUFF!', stunning or even killing the prey.

The nuff lives in small family groups, consisting of an alpha-couple and their children, plus the childrens mates. It seems that it is always the young females that leaves the group to join other 'tribes'.

Two species of nuff exists. The himalayan Nuff has long been ackredited with mystical powers, it is rumored that great conquerers such as Napoleon, Charlemagne, Alexander the great and Julius Ceasar either touched a himalayan nuff or owned one. This species of nuff lives in the endless wheatfields of the himalayans.

The other is the siberian nuff, it lives its life in the siberian taiga and tundra, due to lower amounts of food present ther, the siberian nuff is smaller and has less mthical powers ackredited to them. It was considered an holy animal by the khanate of sibir and it was rumored that if a siberian nuff entered a village, it would have fortune in hunting and good harvests for a year and three months. The Siberian nuff can also be distinguished from the Himalayan one by a small black band running along its back.

Nuff owners(more might be discovered)
Swedish kings from Gustavus Adolphus to Charles XII, extremely long-lived nuff, died November 30 1718

Napoleon. The nuff fell ill 16 October 1813, despite intensive care, the creaure died three days later. Then touched one at elba

Julius Caesar. Nuff died early morning hours of march 15, 44BC

Alexander the great. Creature escaped at the indus and probably fled back to the himalayas

Latest nuff sightings

Siberian - 7:17 AM on June 30, 1908, Tunguska river
Himalayan - May 29, 1953

Last edited:
Prelude

Charles straightened his old body as much as possible, and concluded that it wasn´t much. Leaning on his crutch he walked into the corridors of the royal french castle. It was today that it would happen. Yes, today, he smiled.

A messenger stomped into the large throne room ‘King Charles the eight’ the screamed, and banged his spear against the stone floor. The trumpets blew a fanfare and the king entered, looking old and fragile, he was supported by his son, Luis.
The king sat down on the throne, Luis to the right of him, the crowd of awaiting noblemen dispersed and moved away to have wild parties or whatever noblemen and women were up to when the king was accepting foreign diplomats.
The king looked around the now very empty throne room, he knew that HE was ther somewhere, in the shadows, the only man that the king had ever trusted.

- Father, what is the matter? Luis asked
- My son, what you are about to see today must you never utter a word about.
- Yes father.
- THAT IS NOT ENOUGH! The king screamed. Then seeing how frightened his son had become, he said softly: swear it.
- I swear by France, Paris and the people that the knowledge of whatever you are to show me, father, will not be spread by me.

The king smiled

- Ah, but you see, my son, the king is the people, the king is France. L’état, c’est moi...
- I do not understand, father.
- In time, you will, in time.
- What is it that you want to show me, father?
- I believe, that he was talking about me. Said a dark voice from within the shadows.
- It is so indeed, my old friend, the king said, why don´t you reveal youself to my son here?
- Are you joking, Charles? The voice boomed. I have never shown myself to anyone, and especially not to you.
- Sorry about that, Gerard, a shameless joke on your behalf. Are we ready to start the grand plan?
- We are, I have studied the old scrolls carefully, the nuff is out there, to the east. I trust that you know what to do?
- As long as I have your help, yes. The king said.
- That is good.

Then, it was silent.

- Papa?
- Yes?
- Who was that?
- An old advisor. Just an old advisor...

Prelude

Chares walked through the long corridors of the ancient palace, Luis following straight behind him.

- Son, I will now show you what you are to do when the kingdom is in grave danger and you receive only bad advice, and you cannot even trust yourself.
- It doesn´t sound as if it happens very often, father.
- That is because you haven´t ruled, yet.
The king stopped in front of a shield with two axes crossed behind it hanging on the wall.
- Press hard at the shield. the king said

Luis stretched his tiny muscels to the limit, and managed to press the shield about five centimeters into the wall. He jumped as a creaking sound was heard, and at that very moment, a part of the wall opened, revealing a dark staircase.

The king walked down the stair and gestured for Luis to follow him, slowly but surely, step by step, Luis walked down the stair, his heart thumping as if he had run around France, he thought that it could be heard fro miles.
Behind them, the wall closed and darkness ruled, Luis swallowed a hump that seemed to have appeared in his throat.

Then, all of a sudden, torches were lit up along the stair, and a pleasant light shone throughout the staircase.
The king turned to Luis.

- Let us go, he said.

They emerged into a small, dimly lit room, the king stopped and stood abolutely still, Luis looked around. The room seemed to have been cut out of bare rock, the rough walls reflected this. At the far side was a small table and a chair, yet nothing else.

They stood there a long time, almost until the time when Luis was to ask his father what was going to happen.

- Yes? the dark voice asked.

Louis looked around yet could see nothing but shadows and rock.

- I am having trouble with Spain, Gerard. the king said.
- So? tell me why?
- Since we are from now on on a quest to find the mythical nuff, we have to concentrate our forces on pushing east.
- And?
- The spaniards will exploit every weakness they can see.

The dark voice began to laugh, it laughed long and laud, probably awaking a few dead, Louis thought.
Finally, the voice began to calm down:

- You came to me to get an answer to sch a simple question? You must buod troops along the spanish border, and arrange a royal marriage with them, this will deter them enough so that they wont attack you.

A swoshing sound was heard, and the voice was gone, a shaken and embarrased Charles led his son back into the daylight...

Well I'm going to bed soon so I won't be reading it today, but tomorrow is a different story...

I read it and I liked it. Makes my mind see pretty colors.

I always enjoy your AARs and am glad to see you've spawned yet another one into something special.

Does that Mean I win?

GW

GrevenWhite said:
I read it and I liked it. Makes my mind see pretty colors.
There there, have you been taking syringes again?

I always enjoy your AARs and am glad to see you've spawned yet another one into something special.
Thank you!

Does that Mean I win?
Wot?

Yay, another AAR for our beloved EUI forum ;) Nice work so far, I wonder what Mr. Gerard guy will do to Spain.....

Field marchal Foix looked out over the border with Helvetia, behind him stood a formidable force of infantry and cavalry. This was an army preparing to move.

Foix took a look back over the army, all were seasoned veterans, which could hardly be said about the fellers guarding the spanish border, which here and then erupted into skirmishes. These were quickly soved in a diplomatic way, yet they were proof that Spanish and french werent exactly brothers in arms.

The army started moving, slowly, in perfect order did they encroach on the mountain pass that led into Helvetia. Foix looked up towards the edges of the pass, he saw a small shadow move among the rocks and boulders on the slopes, yet he presumed that it was just an animal. That illusion was about to be shattered.

And arrow suddenly flew from the top of the ravine and his Foix horse in the throat, the poor animal took to more strides and fell dead to the fround.
Foix looked around, everywhere were archers and crossbowmen, pouring arrows down on the french army, he walked over to a cavalryman, pushed him out of the saddle and mounted.

- It is a trap! he screamed. Move back, turn around. Move in ORDER!

The veterand did as they were told, they marched orderly back out of the pass, despite arrows hitting their comrades that walked next to them.

[Helvetian colonel Guisans HQ]
Guisan took up his extremely expensive binocular, he saw the french withdraw, yet for him, that wasn´t enough, despite all orders of the tagsatzung, he ordered his troops to follow them...

Mr. Capiatlist said:
Okay, that was my first taste of the EUI forum, and I like it! :D

Well, of course you did! Hurray for Zuckergußgebäck, for bringing people from HoI-land to our fine forum :D

Sorry Mr. Capiatlist, but my Photodump doesn´t seem to work. All I get is a nce wite field with a red cross :(

EDIT: Any1 that knows how to use Photodump? I click upload, select the screenshot and clicks upload, yet I only got one of this 'link broken' images.
What good is 'branding'?

Last edited:
The two sides stood facing each other on the field. (The battle is in all history books referred to as 'the battle of Lyonnaise' or 'Le battalie de Lyonnaise', although Lyonnaise was a large distance from were the battle was actually fought.)

Foix looked out over the following swiss army, now swiftly rushing towards them.

- We better win. he said. Or this will be the shorthest quest in history...

Guisan halted his advancing army, which formed up into a long line facing the french. The quiet was murdering.
Foix rode up towards the french line before stopping his horse, talking loudly so that even the most distant soldier could hear.

- People of France! I stand before you today, as a soldier. I know that you do not give a damn about France or this Nuff. Yet we are commanded to fight here today, so we will fight. If you want to follow the good side, then stick to france, if you want to stick to the evil, then may he fight with France, there is no other choice!

This pseudo-joke caused some nervous laughter.

- I do not intend to sit comfortly behind the lines today and let you die for a cause that no one of you either know or care about. Today, I shall fight with you on the battlefield, and together shall we defeat the helvetians and by the aide of swards puch them back into that shithole they came from! Vive le France! he concluded
- VIVE LE FRANCE!

So, the battle began, the professional swiss archers sent volley upon volley towards the French, who fell in great numbers, turning the ground slippery with blood and slime, the screams of men and horser, the command calls. It was pure hell.

The french wings advanched, but the center stayed put. The helvetians rushed forward, smashing directly into the center, causing large causalties. Foix stood defiant, spurring his horse forward, he cut the head of a helvetian, his horse trampling another. Suddenly he found himself face to face with the enemy, who swifty ran his sword between the front legs of Foix horse, which fell lifeless to the ground, Foix got up and just in time got one of his words up to block a slash from a helvetian. Foiz then rolled away, and noticed a Helvetian cavalryman. Foix chopped, slashed and pushed his way towards the cavalryman, who seems unaware of him. He threw his sword at the cavalryman, who slumped forward, lifeless, Foix drew his dagger, and thrust it with all his force into the throat of an enemy. Then pulled it our again, he ran towards the horse, pushed the rider out of the saddle and picked up his sword. Mounting the horse, he pressed his spurs into it...

This AAR has a great start and that update was just as good :)

Unlucky. Good luck taking Austria all over again then :)