• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(4341)

Recruit
Jun 11, 2001
drive.to
Well, I'm new to this sort of thing... and the first update will be a bit sparse because I wasn't taking notes right away. Furthermore, the attachment to historical accuracy is tenuous at best - I know nothing of Navarra.

The year is 1492. The tiny kingdom of Navarra lay between the nations of France and Spain. Life for the citizens of San Sebastian sucked.

Even Prince Anaconia was unhappy. For a prince, he sure didn't have much. He had only 30 royal servants. This displeased him. He heard that Ferdinand of Spain had that many "ladies" of the court! This infuriated the good prince even more - he had courted fair Isabella as a young man, only to lose her (and her kingdom) to that swine Ferdinand.

He vowed revenge.

1492 - Prince Anaconia has 500 ducats to his name. This is the most the treasury would see for some time.

1493 - Prince Anaconia, in his infinite wisdom (and paranoia) asked that the fortifications be raised "to level 2." Unsure of what this means, the royal engineers simply make the walls as high as they can.

1494 - Merchants are quickly draining the treasury but the Prince insists they will soon give a good return on the investment.

1495 - It is clear that the kingdom is poor. 10 ducats a year income just isn't going to cut it.

1496 - The Prince has married off his young daughter Natalia to a French prince. A most profitable alliance with France, the Papacy, Savoy, and Brittany is forged.

1497 - The Prince eyes the Spanish province of Euskadia with envy. He calls out the royal troop for an assault. Navarra declares war on Spain. England chooses not to side with Spain, no doubt in fear of the French. Naples, Milan, and strangely the heathen Persians declare war on Navarra, but the Prince could not care less.

1498 - The Prince is happy to learn that Euskadia has fallen, along with Leon.

1499 - Aragon falls as well, and the Spanish capital herself is under siege! As the French flow into Spain as well, Ferdinand sees it our way. Euskadia and the kingdom of Aragon are ours! Long live Prince Anaconia! Glory to San Sebastian!

Hey prince, great to have you. Looks like you are doing pretty darn good for your first AAR. Nice work, ill be back soon for more reading:)

I especially like your way of adding fictional names to your events, like marrying off natalia, just adds some extra flavor ya know:cool:

I have to admit you sure are doing a lot with so little. Keep up the good work.
BTW be careful about Aragon revolting...

Navarra seems to expanding rather well, but do be careful in dealing with Spain. If your allies should decide that they other matters to attend to, you could find yourself in a somewhat undesireable position.