• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Count Drew

General
12 Badges
Jan 14, 2003
Visit site
  • Darkest Hour
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
We're a dedicated crew of Seasoned Veterans, looking to play something that isn't the same ole humdrum. We're opening a new Can of Worms on the EU2 MP Scene and we're going to butt heads in a GC Modified Scenario. We're looking for a few good Men and Women. Welcome in and Please Enjoy. ;)

Monday Nights, 8:30 PM EST will be starting times. This new Scenario edited on by our own Soldats will feature Randomized Provinces, Leaders and Monarchs. Events will be purged and fair rules will be in play as far as Maptrading and some other 'major' issues are concerned. For those of you who've played the Randomized Games, we're attempting to work out some of the Gold Issues. "Perhaps my friend Shigure may elaborate more on the new Scenario and it's rules that will be comming soon!"

Note: This is not a game for New Players and you must carry with you a reputation of Accountability to play. TAF, Shigure, Calanctus are involved. Others from CQS3 who didn't drop or show absent behavoir will likely be joining as well. We will not accept players who've dropped without warning or at least in most dire cases an explanation. Before signing up be sure to understand that we require Promptness and dedication to finishing<a Cable/DSL Connection is a minimum requirement>! Please leave your post below and your credentials for review, thankyou...

All Nations will be Picked by Random drawings of your Favorites

Count Drew said:
We're a dedicated crew of Seasoned Veterans, looking to play something that isn't the same ole humdrum. We're opening a new Can of Worms on the EU2 MP Scene and we're going to butt heads in a GC Modified Scenario. We're looking for a few good Men and Women. Welcome in and Please Enjoy. ;)

Monday Nights, 8:30 PM EST will be starting times. This new Scenario edited on by our own Soldats will feature Randomized Provinces, Leaders and Monarchs. Events will be purged and fair rules will be in play as far as Maptrading and some other 'major' issues are concerned. For those of you who've played the Randomized Games, we're attempting to work out some of the Gold Issues. "Perhaps my friend Shigure may elaborate more on the new Scenario and it's rules that will be comming soon!"

Note: This is not a game for New Players and you must carry with you a reputation of Accountability to play. TAF, Shigure, Calanctus are involved. Others from CQS3 who didn't drop or show absent behavoir will likely be joining as well. We will not accept players who've dropped without warning or at least in most dire cases an explanation. Before signing up be sure to understand that we require Promptness and dedication to finishing<a Cable/DSL Connection is a minimum requirement>! Please leave your post below and your credentials for review, thankyou...

All Nations will be Picked by Random drawings of your Favorites

i'm in :D

Players

I think Temujin and Ryoken are interested. I ICQed them. I hope they confirm here on forum--Ryoken said he could not start until May 10th, so we may have to pick him up on the second session.(it is likely to be his aor1419 scenario, you know ;) )

So players right now are:
Count Drew
Shigure
Calanctus
Captain Drake
TAF

Likelies are Temujin and Ryoken
EDIT: Dave Lifford would be an example of a dire case with a good explanation :rofl:

TAF said:
I think Temujin and Ryoken are interested. I ICQed them. I hope they confirm here on forum--Ryoken said he could not start until May 10th, so we may have to pick him up on the second session.(it is likely to be his aor1419 scenario, you know ;) )

Count Drew
Shigure
Calanctus
Captain Drake
TAF

EDIT: Dave Lifford would be an example of a dire case with a good explanation :rofl:

if we go with ryoken his new scenario i know my preference list

flandern
flandern
flandern
thats all

If we can please please please start after May 3rd (Last day of school for me), I can play first session. Else I have to miss 1st session and I hate to do that. :(

I would actually prefer just dumping Into the Breach again and putting this game in THAT place. Because gold distribution in Europe is TERRIBLE and there is a vacuum in Germany/Italy and so DAN/BUR/ARG have kind of taken over those areas. I know certain people are attached to their positions; but I think the game is doomed to inbalance.

I will be able to put natives into all those empty spots on my new scenario tonight. So it would be playable by tommorow. And I talked with Drew about the idea of randomly eliminating all gold mines in Europe except 2 and 1 in the Middle East. ROTW will be straight random distribution. That, combined with my scenario and my new random events (which if we used, would be awesome), would create a very balanced situation imho. Of course, I leave it to the group to decide.

Regarding the monday idea, I have to be at school Monday the 3rd. It is just a reality. So I would prefer to either postpone to the 10th or start tommorow with the Breach crew + this one (lots of overlap, I know).

EDIT: Drake, you are assuming same distribution as last time? What if Flandern gets screwed?

Yes, of course I'm interested

Regarding country selection if we use my scenario; I would prefer Leon, Brittany, Flander, Scotland, or Milan. I just like Western Europe :) I suppose I could play a Scandinavian, Sicily, or German if competition was fierce for those spots. I just want to play really, all countries will be fun!

Scenario Discussion Thread

Yah go pick 1 of 2 nights I can't play for your damm good sounding game :(

I don't spose you can do Fridays? :p

Have fun guys :)

Nice crew shaping up. I have played proudly with all players and they're all fun. See if we can get some more interest! <Dave has got The Kid ;) hehe, I've got my nephew and niece in the house 4 and 11 talk about a Job and half. They're be as spot for him in the next Series >

TAF said:

Count Drew
Shigure
Calanctus
Captain Drake
TAF

Interested (and I believe that my behavior in CQS 3 was not bad after all).

If Ryoken scenario, any iberian. If a normal GC randomizem, well any iberian :)

Ryoken,

RE: Your Edits... Agreed, good move making Gold scarce in such a MP Rich Enviroment. Let All Go Hunt for it to the Four Corners of the Earth!

Out of the Question to let the Breach team down unless put to a Democratic Vote ;) Despite the Fact Europe is Highly competitive, we all could use the practice and intensity.

RE: The Date, that will be voted and on and see how well organization goes. It may take past the 3rd to Organize this team. We will need to get this game on the Burner fast though, I'm a restless one here and I am fed up with nearly 3 Mondays of Nothing Since some people<not naming names> went AWOL in past games. We are very interested that all parties fight to the death in this game. So anyone joining including you Ryo, must be in for the long haul, that or plan a Sub in his place, this game could go into your next Year of School. Lastly, Language and outbursts kept at a bare minimum ;) I admire your Intensity and Fire and that's what it takes to have a good game but placed properly in perspective.

I have damned a few nations and anyone in this game who loses their Nation in a decent fashion will be offered a new workable Location. Nobody left out ;) if they choose. We haven't had too many cases of this, but in Cross I and II we had several nations conquored whole and it's not fair to leave a Man out who wants to Play and is Accountable.

ryoken69 said:
Regarding country selection if we use my scenario; I would prefer Leon, Brittany, Flander, Scotland, or Milan. I just like Western Europe :) I suppose I could play a Scandinavian, Sicily, or German if competition was fierce for those spots. I just want to play really, all countries will be fun!

Scenario Discussion Thread

status

Into the Breach should continue on its present course, IMO, it is moving along nicely and these games have an inherent self-balancing facility.

We now have eight players, with room for more. Is Ryoken saying his scenario already has random leaders, goods, etc? Does Shigure need to be doing a randomizer for these things?

TAF said:
Into the Breach should continue on its present course, IMO, it is moving along nicely and these games have an inherent self-balancing facility.

We now have eight players, with room for more. Is Ryoken saying his scenario already has random leaders, goods, etc? Does Shigure need to be doing a randomizer for these things?

into the breach i way to fun to quit

hehe really guys 8:30 PM EST that just doesn't work for europeans with jobs :p

And dammit Ryo you promised to make a game with that scenarios where evil me could play :D

TAF said:
yes!

Okay, apparently people dont understand how the randomizers work; so I will make a brief statement here.

1. The scenario is devoid of leaders/monarchs. All province data is modified only to add natives or make proper culture/religion.

2. Random Province Generator is a utility program made by Slargos. You run the program. It provides you an "include" file. You put a line in the save file you are going to use for the game to "include" the include file.

3. Random Leader Generator is a utility program made by Shigure. You run the program and it uses an input file to know which countries to make leaders/monarchs for, what names to use, and so on. This provides you with an output of monarch/leader files (the kind you find in DB subfolders). You tell your game save to use these files.

4. You load the game in SP. The include commands cause the game to auto-load all the monarch and leader tables. Province info is merged with the new province data from the include file. Then the game automatically removes the include commands. Now, you save it manually in-game. This is the starting save you use for the game.

5. By this process, you can randomize an infinite number of games and just name them as different files.

I hope that clears up misunderstanding of the process.

ryoken69 said:
If we can please please please start after May 3rd (Last day of school for me), I can play first session. Else I have to miss 1st session and I hate to do that. :(

I would actually prefer just dumping Into the Breach again and putting this game in THAT place. Because gold distribution in Europe is TERRIBLE and there is a vacuum in Germany/Italy and so DAN/BUR/ARG have kind of taken over those areas. I know certain people are attached to their positions; but I think the game is doomed to inbalance.

I will be able to put natives into all those empty spots on my new scenario tonight. So it would be playable by tommorow. And I talked with Drew about the idea of randomly eliminating all gold mines in Europe except 2 and 1 in the Middle East. ROTW will be straight random distribution. That, combined with my scenario and my new random events (which if we used, would be awesome), would create a very balanced situation imho. Of course, I leave it to the group to decide.

Regarding the monday idea, I have to be at school Monday the 3rd. It is just a reality. So I would prefer to either postpone to the 10th or start tommorow with the Breach crew + this one (lots of overlap, I know).

EDIT: Drake, you are assuming same distribution as last time? What if Flandern gets screwed?

ill manage

Fredrik_SWE said:
Whats that in CET? I might be interested if the time suits me! :)
2.30am - 3am

Fredrik_SWE said:
Whats that in CET? I might be interested if the time suits me! :)

7 Hrs on top of your time, CET, which is late but not for Night Owls, we welcome the infusion of fresh blood