• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Mar 17, 2004
Interactive AAR?

Yes this is an experimental AAR and is an idea that sort of developed from a thread which is now in OT Forum => Blank HOI Map

The idea is that one player plays the game based on the suggestions of his Ministry. So, everyone gets a say in what happens.

As Captain Panda said:
If I´m getting this correctly it´s supposed to be a bunch of people with a president playing HoI, heads of military/army/navy/security/armaments and such would debate what would be the right course of action, propose it to the president. He would then take action accordingly if he found the advice to be wise, otherwise he´d just not care and do whatever he wanted risking being ousted or something?
Exactly.

To keep people ‘honest’ there is an internal game of politics going on using a weighted voting system. Make the wrong enemies and you will end up dead.

There are rules for internal politics – and just in case you are wondering – yes there are a LOT of PM’s going around. The game is already afoot!

We don’t know if it will work – but should be fun to try.

Contact Head of State for Government Postings (when available only)
Contact Chief of Staff for Military Postings – He may refer you to appropriate Force Chief. Or you can contact the appropriate Chief of Force directly.

‘RULES’ will be posted after initial cabinet meeting. (See Posts 62, 63 & 64 on page 3)

Everyone will simply be known by their handles – to keep it simple.

The game is being played with Vanilla HoI v 1.06. 1936 the road to war scenario.

Hope you all enjoy – please feel free to join in.

Enough of this drivel - On with the game.

Last edited:
The game is afoot.

January 1, 1936. Sutu Palace, Bucharest, Romania.

Czar1111 (the 1st) finished buffing up the polish on his latest medal (a golden heart with a yellow ribbon) and handed the crumpled, but otherwise clean, handkerchief back to his long time friend and confidant, Cdat.

As Czar admired himself in the stately mirror while an aide finished adjusting his uniform for him, he could just see the Minister of Security meticulously re-folding the little square of material in half, half again and then placing it into his front left hand trouser pocket. Czar suppressed a smile; he knew Cdat would not use that handkerchief again until it was completely relaundered.

The aide stepped back bowing. Czar took one last long look at the handsome image in the mirror and brushed his comb over into place with his left hand. The yellow piping of the uniform beautifully offset the green. The new medal gave that little extra sparkle. He frowned… he hoped the Chief of Staff would not ask his usual barrage of uncomfortable questions as to the origins of the new award. He smoothed his tricolour sash and refixed his smile.

Turning from the mirror Czar proceeded to cross the Drawing Room of Sutu Palace toward the state balcony. The Minister of Security immediately fell into step at his side with that odd way he had of ‘marching’ while his hands remained firmly clasped behind his back. Cdat was one of the few people permitted to walk with the leader at all, being five foot six made him a whole half inch shorter than Czar, making both men appear to be of normal height when seen side by side.

Just short of the french windows Cdat stopped. The noise of the crowd on Elisabeta Boulevard was obvious now. Cdat would not venture onto the balcony Czar knew, something about that many people all exhaling at once unsettled the man. No mind, it was better the Head of the Secret Police remained somewhat mysterious in any case. Czar stepped up the five and a half inches onto the specially constructed catwalk leading out to the podium on the balcony. The catwalk was of course not visible to the crowd on the street below. He gave a cursory nod to the guards at the windows and the doors swung open – the morning sun flooded in and the waiting crowd roared.

Czar paused and produced an ornate pocket watch from his trouser pocket… it was 9:01. He strode forward to the podium and the expectant crowd… the cheers from the crowd were monstrous… so loud he could feel it as the concussion blasts of sound sweeping the boulevard. He looked down at the mass of people outside the great iron gates below, admired the statues of the two lions … he paused to breathe the air, ah the Dimbovita … he raised his hands… silence.

“Citizens of Romania! My people, my brothers, my sisters, MY FRIENDS!” he began… the crowd roared again.
“For many years you have toiled, slaved, worked and laboured…” he continued. The crowd cheered.
“… I say the time has come for ROMANIA! For you! Time to reap the rewards of your hard work…” the crowd continued to cheer.
“…when every Romanian will live in luxury and comfort… reduced working hours… no child will do without…” the clapping continued to punctuate the speech.
“…and the nations of the world will look to Romania for guidance… for leadership… Romanians will be world renowned for their foresight… an era of goodwill… an era of peace…” scattered clapping continued from time to time.
“And finally, I say…” a rejuvenated roar came from the crowd.
As the crowd quietened slightly he continued “And finally I say…” the roar built again and at last petered away. “I say, ROMANIA! The future is peace! The future is prosperity! THE FUTURE IS OURS!”
The crowd gave an almighty roar and then somewhat rapidly began to disperse.

Czar turned and made his way back inside, glancing at his pocket watch on the way. It was now 12:38.

Czar and Cdat immediately made their way along the balcony in the entrance hall toward the Cabinet Room. Czar paused to admire himself in the huge Venetian mirror and glance at the carved medallion portrait of Irina Sutu atop of the mirror. The occasional servant would scurry from view, guards snapped to attention as they approached. Ahead, the doors to the Cabinet room were opened by the waiting guards. The Ministers were already inside and seated as per the directive. Cdat peeled off to the left to whisper something to his nearest agent. The doors to the Cabinet Room closed and Czar seated himself in the executive chair at the head of the conference table.

For a brief moment he collected his thoughts and then looked up to the men seated at the table:
In the seat to his immediate right sat an ageing overweight man in a brown suit. Lazlo Bareskeen had definitely lost more hair during his recent trip to Italy. ‘Must be something in those pizzas…’ Czar thought. Lazlo was another short man, as a career diplomat he was the public figure that it was most easy to associate with at those interminable embassy balls which were all the rage. But despite Lazlo’s small stature and slightly comical round shape, this man had a unique way with people, he was likeable and an expert in getting his way, a skill which made him a formidable Foreign Minister.

Next to Lazlo Bareskeen sat Elbasto, the Armaments Minister. Of medium height and slim build this man was quite unremarkable to look at. His appearance hid a man whose competence through adversity had won him admirers in both military and bureaucratic circles. The man was quite unflappable and had a more complete knowledge of the countries production facilities than any two other men combined. He sat, as was normal for him, without moving while his deep black eyes remained focused on Czar.

Next along the table sat the newest military officer to join the Cabinet. The Chief of Air, Reichswehr, was a tall, angular man, with a focused, educated look. His uniform always stood out immaculately pressed and in full dress order. His leather brief case rested on the table, overflowing with data and the latest theories on air warfare. Extensively read, he could quote the works of Douhet and Mitchell word for word. He had been a fighter Ace in the Great War and had moved up through the ranks and been a foremost proponent in the creation of the new Air Force. Reichswehr was scribbling a note of some type in his folio while shooting the occational glance across at the Chief of Army. It was no secret that there was some rivalry there. As the junior service the Romanian Air Force was still to be properly tried in battle and this had led to speculation on its value as a separate service. The Chief of Army was the strongest critic and continued to argue for the incorporation of the Air Force into the Army and Navy to better distribute the resources required for its operation. This had led to considerable friction between the two men, including a couple of very heated outbursts. The Chief of Air, normally able to compromise, was fighting to preserve the integrity of his force - and he knew it.

The final seat on the right of the table was occupied by a tall man in a naval uniform. Captain Panda sat with his usual friendly smile on his face – a smile which accentuated the battle scar across his right cheek. Panda, had served with the German Navy during the Great War as a matter of conscience. He had been seriously wounded at the Battle of Jutland, in fact, most had expected him to die. Despite his wound he had remained at his post throughout the battle and the full extent of his injuries had not become known until he collapsed at the conclusion of the action. His Naval experience and skill had managed to secure his rapid rise in rank on his subsequent entry to the Romanian Navy. He was a military gentleman through and through.

Far end of Table sat the Chief of Staff Henry v. Keiper. Another tall man with a well defined ‘military’ face and keen ice blue eyes which had the apparent ability to pierce steel. Czar shifted nervously as it appeared that Henry’s gaze fell on his latest medal. On the conference table in front of Henry lay the hand carved cane given to him by the men of his Regiment in the Great War. It was there that Henry had sustained the injury requiring that he use it. It was perhaps one of the Chief of Staff’s most valued possessions. A strict military man, Henry was known for his adherence to military protocols but oddly enough was occasionally forgetful with regards paperwork.

Moving back up the left side of the table, sitting next to Henry was Matiandos [FIN] the Chief of Army, as usual he sat to attention. Matiandos was most notable for his sharp nose which gave his otherwise round face a very distinctive profile. Although usually quiet, the Chief of Army possessed a forceful personality and had become known for his strong views on the proposed re-organisation of the Romanian Air Force. He sat watching the Chief of Air Staff scribble in his Folio. Czar had little doubt that Matiandos would be mentally recording every detail.

The next seat at the table was vacant, usually reserved for ‘guests’ whom for the most part were military officers (divisional commanders usually) who were asked to present special reports in their area of expertise.

From there the next seat was occupied by the Minister of Intelligence, Lt Col. Kilgore. Kilgore was a gaunt man of average height with a greying beard and a suspicious stare. His slight limp was apparently the result of a run-in with the Russian secret police early in his career as a field agent. Seated against the wall directly behind Kilgore, was his adjutant - with a briefcase handcuffed to his wrist. He was still largely unknown to most of the men in the room having been brought in to replace his predecessor who had had a rather unfortunate and mysterious ‘accident’.

The final seat, on Czar’s immediate left, was also empty – but a neatly stacked set of papers sat on the table in front of it. It was of course the Security Minister’s (cdat) chair. Czar glanced to his left to note the Minister standing back from the table, his grey suit making him almost invisible in the shadows save for the slight shine from his forehead where the hair continued to thin out. The Security Minister would quite often not sit at the table for these meetings and would not approach the table to read briefings as they were distributed either. This would often unsettle his colleagues, particularly as he usually seemed to be fully aware of the contents of each report – even though they were being presented for the first time…

Czar gave a slight cough.
“Gentlemen,” he began, “I have asked you all together here today to discuss matters of some importance.”
“As many of you are aware, the new German Leader, Adolf Hitler, is continuing to make advances in his position. It is obvious, gentlemen, that this man has grand designs beyond that of Germany’s current borders.”
Czar paused briefly to look around the table.
“I believe that war is coming gentlemen…” he paused again for effect, “my question to you is: Will Romania be ready?”

“I am concerned, gentlemen, of recent developments – armies around the world are changing. The writings of this english man Fuller are gaining popularity and the writings of Douhet seemed to have influenced the Italians in their thinking in Abyssinia last year. Although having said this, the aircraft were unable to secure the land alone and the Italian tanks were far more vulnerable than had been predicted.”

“Gentlemen, our position is tenuous. The ‘Little Entente’ no longer gives us a guarantee of security. To the east Turkey controls the access to the Black Sea leaving our Navy trapped. To the north the Bolsheviks gather, looking to expand their influence and reclaim Beltsy. Hungary continues to press her claim on our rightful territory in Northern Transylvania and Bulgaria persists with her whining about Dobrich. Obviously the Treaty of Trianon is not clear enough? Meanwhile, Yugoslavia blocks our overland route to the Adriatic.”
“But do not despair, for even in war there is opportunity to profit. The time has come to map out our future; we must pick our allies and define our goals…”
Czar paused again and looked around the room.
“We can take some comfort from our relatively strong economic position, but we can by no means take it for granted. There are many nations envious of our position.”
“…Gentlemen, the decisions we make here today could build a Romanian Empire that will last a thousand years… how are we to proceed?”

Czar sat back, and looked around the table…

nice but wouldnt it be better to edit the savegame to make ministers actually called cdat etc, can i be sum1?

That would be cool.

And is there room for one more?

Zuckergußgebäck said:
I second that.

Yay, someone else wants me to be in the AAR :D

1st Response

After a moment of silence as everyone wonders who shall be the first to respond, a shreek of a chair is finally heard! Everyone looks to see who has the audacity to make the opening remarks for such a pivotal moment in Romanian politics. The Chief of Air Force stands at attention and clears his voice. The knows there is some bitterness and partisan politics to his victorious creation of the Superior Romanian Air Force as a seperate arm of the Romanian Forces. Due to his new appointment, there is a confident but slight nervousness to his deep voice... He begans by saying,
"Beloved and Glorious leader CZAR!" Upon my appointment, I was asked to assess the current situation of our Superior Romanian Air force as a seperate entity! I have accomplished the evaluation and would submit, sir, that it is not at all ready for extensive service rather it be in close air support in protecting our Infantry, calvary, and highly vulnerable Armor and naval ships or in protecting our beautiful and historical cities and thier respective civilians, without first advancing the current capablities of our existing planes! I learned and noted in the Great War the value of superior fighters...Romanian planes and fighters were pre-maturely thrust into war without preparing the air force properly. I have also learned, in my current capacity, from my recent trips abroad studying tactics, techniques and technology, that again this is the case. Our Air Force should be a force to reckon with, a reason foreign countries would not enter our air space or invade from land without catostophic casulties. In todays time air force alone can hold a naval invasion at bay. I think we will also discover in time the importance of air superiority in battle. As we speak, the Romanian air force consist of 3 squadrons. 1 fighter squadron of IAR-15's based in Buchersti, along with Potez 25 tactical bomber's and 1 squadron of antiqueted naval bomber's from the early 1920's that are not at all fit for duty. I would request firstly from our Chief of Staff Henry V. Keiper that I be allowed to split my forces and move the 1 squadron of naval bombers to Ploiesti to secure our eastern ports and to retain the fighter squadron in Bucuresti to protect the capital, it's number 1 priority, and also it's attachment of tactical bombers in case they are summoned.
It seems that Germany is researching fighter technology that we might find interesting and prudent. I would request that Romania increase it's funding into innovative Air warfare and technology that our fighters so desperately need! I would concur with our Head of State that a formiddable neighbor lyes on our eastern border and has openly stated rights to our frontier provinces!
Might I say that Romania cannot win a battle of attrition with the Soviet Union, moreover, it is not prepared for a two front war! Better Techniques and Superior Technology will win the day! Until we have better Equipment I would not, at this time, request further contribution into the manufacturing of more aircraft. Enough funds to refit and repair the current craft will suffice. I do not dictate foreign or domestic policy, I feel with the current peaceful but precarious atmosphere these changes would be prudent and sufficent.
I would request that the manufacturing and deployment of AA guns be the responsibility of the Superior Romanian Air Force in the sense that it's function to safeguard the homeland is that same as the airforces'. It will be closely used in support of our scrambling fighters in case of an air raid and so a close working relationship needs to be present here.
I would also request to appoint either Muckypup, Exterous, or Zuckergubgeback, if there is no objection, to Lt.Gen in command of 1st squadron (SRA) with deattachment 1a Naval bombers stationed in Ploiesti. (SRA). They have proven themselves in time and are trustworthy. They can assist me in my functions, maintain standards, excercises, training, and allow me to keep my finger on the pulse of the men whilst I am away in my studies.
This concludes my report to the Head of State, Chief of Staff, Arnaments Minister, Minister of Security, Foriegn Minister, and Intelligence Minister on the 1936 Fiscal budget of the newly formed Superior Romanian Airforce (SRA)... If approved I would like to submit a detailed report indicating the exact research and approximate cost I feel should immediatley be undertaken!
I yield the floor at this time, are there any Questions?

Last edited:
Well, I have to say that I think I'd love to give this a go too. I'll be honest & tell you though, that I have read a lot more AAR's than I've played actual games of HOI :)

That being the case, I'm happy to fill whatever position the great nation of Romania requires of me.

Minister Of Finance, Planing And Production

THE BUDGET

After scouting the room with a quick glance and noticing that nobody was willing to speak next, elbasto knew that an awkward silence was threatening the momentum of the meeting. So, clearing his throat, he started his report.

“Ejem… Gentlemen, it is an honor to be here addressing you in my quality of this Nation’s Minister of Finance. As his Excellency pointed out just a moment ago, we have a lot to do, short time to do it and limited resources to reach our goals.
To begin with let me give you a short briefing in Economics that will make easier the follow up of the rest of the meeting (and hopefully many others). After the world’s market implosion in 1929 the Romanian economy had to restructure herself into shape. In order to do so we acquired a new currency, the “LEU”. This currency, as most of the world’s bank notes, has changed its value several times in recent years (hopefully we’ll stop this soon). Still, we weren’t able to fully recover our currency’s pre-war value. So for a better administration and control of the public finances we started using a new Index; the “Industrial Installed Capability and Composition” (to which we will address from now onwards as IICC or IC for short). I believe that all of you are familiar to this concept by now. This will allow a better understanding of the financial reports to all of us (even the ones with a degree on economics).”

Rising from the table, elbasto went to the back of his sit, next to it over a tripod that nobody had noticed before (but they had barely noticed him, so that was not an issue) there were several graphics.

The Present Situation:

“Now to begin with the briefing on our economy’s health (and projections) let me call your attention to the vanilla folders in front of your respective sits labeled “National Budget (1936)” (pending of approval of course). Inside them you will find a copy of this short briefing. At first view you can see our delicate economical situation even though we have one of the strongest economies in the Balkans.

Romaniaason1936.JPG

Now, we could improve this situation by an ambitious and expensive, yet VERY lucrative, expansion plan. We have enough room to do so as we are counting with a small but still significant surplus on the materials needed to feed our industry. Also, considering the present political situation the price we would be paying, should you gentlemen choose to implement this plan as soon as possible, will be cheaper than starting it in 1937 after the elections had taken place.

The 1936 Plan:

Romaniaasplannedfortherestoftheyear.JPG

This plan foresees an expansion on our IC in the less developed areas of the country, an aggressive commercial policy and satisfying the army’s and air force’s immediate needs (for maintenance and refitting mostly).
The price: 13 IC.
The funding: The Central Bank’s Reserves (also known as supplies).
Recent year’s surplus have allowed us to fill our arcs with some cash (not that we could have too much of it really) and current reserves will allow us to meet our needs, and therefore civilian ones, for a maximum of 640 days (almost two full fiscal years). We have a huge need for money and controlling the value of currency puts a huge restrain in our economy (15.5 IC, over 30% of our whole Gross Domestic Product) mainly due to the huge size of our glorious armed forces.
Even with some moderate production and refitting of military units we could make it until the end of this first plan, scheduled for early 1937.
May I use this oportunity to call the attention to our military staff and advice a rationing of the army's supplies unless you are planning an invasion or expecting one...
(after saying this without much thinking, elbasto automatically touched his throat, checking if it was still there).
This action will free 22.6 IC from the budget to be used in production, R&D or, should they arise, civilian needs.
In the world market we should undertake an aggressive policy, buying 40 tons of fossil fuel (from this point onwards, coal) and construction materials (from this point onwards, steel) per day using our oil reserves in order to build up an adequate reserve of these first two. Any further need of “non-conventional” elements (from this point onwards, rubber) could be obtained by converting oil and gas (which we have plenty of).
Politically, a renewal of the members of this ministry is planned for 1937. After sending several government officers of this ministry abroad (mainly to Germany, the U.S. and the U.K.) for some post-grade studies they will be available to join our staff on January of1937.

The Results:

Estimationforearly1937.JPG

So we would be using 26% of our resources all through out 1936 in order to welcome 1937 with an increase of 38% in our economy.
Our GDP should be 69 IC at the beginning of next year.

Proyections.JPG

The spending:

“We at the ministry would like to have a close look at the needs of other departments. Assigning resources is not entirely our responsibility but a memorandum will be sent to most members after the meeting in order to give them some… ehm… possible guidance should they need any. If this is the case, please don't hessitate to contact me or any other department official.”

A short description of the neighbors:

“Well in the short term let me tell you that we have an average economy compared to the rest of Balkans countries but small room left for expanding it (without getting too dependant on the unstable world market).
Still, our neighboring countries do posses a big economical threat in the mid term:
a) Yugoslavia: with 53 IC, lots of raw materials and an average army that consumes 20% of the government's funds (ours uses 31%) limiting their expenses. This country is the biggest threat in the mid term. In one year they could easily out pass us.
b) Hungary: Their 50 IC are a threat, but they can’t produce enough elements to expand much further. Still, their army only demands a marginal 7.5% of their resources, so we could expect them to produce more units.
c) Bulgaria: Thanks to a careful planning this country counts with a total of 35 IC. Yet their expansion capabilities are also limited by their reserves. Their army only uses 12% of their national budget.
d) Greece: with 36 IC, not many resources and a moderate army their best expectative is to slowly march into an eventual economical meltdown.
I will leave further descriptions on their military proyections and capacities to trained professionals (elbasto said pointing at the ministries of intelligence and security and hoping not to have overextended his report in this area).

After that short monologue elbasto took a long dip from his glass of water. He was used to giving lectures but not to have such a dangerous public. “Even if the worst happens (he thought for himself) we could make this country strong enough to resist the designs of even the most maniac of the rulers.” But that was about to be seen.

After a quick visual survey on the room everybody seemed to be feeling either ok with the briefing or too busy looking at their folders. The ministry sat down with a “job-well-done” smile on his face.

"Any questions?" (he politely asked to the audience before being summoned by his thoughts).

Last edited:
PS: let me know your opinions and also if you can see the pictures :)

Also, I'm sorry for all the terrible spelling mistakes but English is not my native language.

EDIT: My God czar1111, you described me just as I am IRL. :rofl:
What are the odds of that??

Last edited:
==========================================================
COPY OF AN INTERNAL MEMORANDUM

To: Head of State, Czar1111
Copies sent to: All cabinet members.

Excellency:

First of all let me thank you for your last letter. Counting with your support is in fact a big relief to a person as troubled as I.

Regarding this year’s budget I will expose a well detailed plan on the country's economical opportunities during the next scheduled meeting.

Also, I would like to communicate you by this letter some of the possible projects that we expect to conclude, should you choose to support our next meeting's financial report, in the R&D fields in the next 3 years:

1- Basic Artillery pieces (Jan 1937).
2- Front Line Medical Station (Aug 1937).
3- Field Artillery Gun 100 mm+ (Aug 1937).
4- Early War Combat Testing (Nov 1937).
5- Howitzer 120 mm+ (Dec 1937).
6- Improved Infantry Weapons (May 1938).
7- Manouver Artillery Doctrine (June 1938)
8- Basic Sub-machineguns (Sep 1938).
9- Basic Magnetic AT mines (Sep 1938).
10- Light Bomber prototype test (Oct 1938).
11- Mine clearing equipment (Dec 1938)
12- Basic Dive Bombers (Jan 1939)

This project, should it be approved, would delay any further military production (whose main restriction is the lack of volunteer men at arms).

I am sending a copy of this message to the other members of the cabinet as I feel they could find this possible projection very useful.

Yours faithfully

El Basto
Minister of Finance, Planning and Production.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Henry had sat listening quietly, his face resting on his cane with his fingers drumming. He finally leaned back and eyed elbasto, saying:

"I would like to know two things about your plan, as they some what will be affected by mine...one is how will the IC be affected by, say..." He shot his eyes to the ceiling in thought, "...two provinces increasing their land defense continually."

Henry opened up a folder before him and presented a map of Romania before the council. Beltsy and Chisinau were highlighted.

"The Communists to the east have their eyes fixed on our nation, and for a miserable two provinces. We must be prepared for the worst, especially if we dare defy the age-old Russian influence over the Balkans. Also...what can we expect supply demands to be if we increase the strength of our military forces."

Henry shuffled through the papers, picking up one sheet and looking at it, not sharing it with the group, "Our military, at its current status, is decent for perhaps the conquest of Bulgaria, but in long-term plans it is ill-prepared. Our logistics are ancient, and I would request they be fixed before other army matters - in terms of equipment we match our Balkan neighbors, but in terms of preparedness we are decidingly lacking. And our navy is..." Henry closed his eyes a little, as if to snarl in anger, "...miserable. I would suggest an improvement in this as well. What we must do is increase our military strength while we improve the Romanian soldier. He will fight our foes better if he feels confident in himself."

He cleared his throat before turning the page, his eyes still fixed on the folder, "I propose a plan during our mid-term that calls for expansion. Let us face it, gentlemen, the corporal in Germany is improving his nation rapidly and looks to other lands to send his armed forces - Europe is changing rapidly and a power struggle is about to explode. We can either side with him or meet his expansion ourselves. Our neighbors choose to join them, so we can only turn to Russia and I seriously doubt any of us want that yet. Thus, I suggest we take out his only possible allies.

At this moment, I suggest we strike into Bulgaria first. From there, we can regroup and then launch an offensive into Yugoslavia. If need be, Hungary - Germany's concubine - will be invaded as well to defend our northern flanks. This will all allow us to take the resources that elbasto has so nicely revealed to us."

Closing the folder, Keiper clasped his fingers together and eyed elbasto again. "So tell me, how can we balance these strategies with our resources?"

-Break- NOTICE**** For all those in the "game", if you do not respond to your PM's, you'll be left behind in the 'powermongering'. Don't say I didn't warn you. ;)

Captain Panda after listening carefully to the Armaments minister and the HoS slowly stood up and started to adress the gentlemen in the room.

Honoured members of the cabinet, fellow collegues of the armed forces, I would say that I agree completely with the Minister of Armaments and his plan for the Romanian economy. It is of paramount concern that we expand our nations industrial base. Whether we do this by building more factories in the motherland itself, or do it by other means is of no concern to me. I will leave it to the Head of State and Chief of Staff to decide on such matters, I am but here to serve the interests of Romania.

I would also like to make a short statement about the state of our most glorious Romanian navy. The navy as of now is based in Constanta. It consists of one submarine flotilla and one destroyer flotilla.
There is also, like the Chief of Air stated a squadron of antiquated naval bombers, if they are to be of any use to the navy, these aircraft need to be updated. Otherwise I´m happy with letting the Chief of Air keep them as training planes.
This is of course a small naval force, suitable only for patrolling our shores and it will need to be expanded in the future should the need for offensive action arise...

He let his words linger in the air for a few seconds before continuing.

However the need for more naval tactics and doctrines are far more pressing than any expansion to the navy. I will sit down with my commanders this evening and discuss the needs of the navy and I will come back with a full report on this issue as soon as possible.

I thank you for your time gentleman and I look forward to working together with all of you for the greater glory of Romania.

Last edited:
Foreign Minister Bareskeen eased the signet ring from the small finger on his left hand, thereby releasing the pressure and easing the pain as he listened to his colleagues setting out their positions. His chair creaked and groaned in defiance as he leant forward in consideration of an issue raised by Minister Elbasto.

To his frustration he realised that another diet at a health farm on the Black Sea coast seemed inevitable. His body still suffered from the after effects of the last spot of physiotherapy. He was almost certain that the physio had been personally 'trained' by Security Minister cdat but he'd never been able to prove it. Oh well back to 'The Game' as he thought of it.

'Gentlemen, Gentlemen we have important matters to discuss here. Might I add my own modest contribution'

The other members of the Cabinet looked on with faintly disguised amusement as Bareskeen rose to his feet.

'Minister Elbasto and Chief of Staff Keiper are both of course, correct. In order to fulfill our destiny we will need to expand our borders. Unfortunately it appears that at this time we cannot do this without, shall we say......help.'

In my humble opinion there are only two countries that have the necessary vision to see the inevitable rise of this country. They are, of course, Italy and Germany. The former has aspirations of their own in the Western Balkans, which potentially place them in conflict with us.

The latter is the more ambitious but does not directly harbour expansion into the Balkans. At this time they are more obsessed with Austria, Poland and Czaechoslovakia and their eye is shall we say 'off the ball'.

I propose that we should formally seek an ally in Germany with a view to stripping them of vital Technical and Doctrinal information. This should assist Minister Elbasto with his plans to provide Chief of Staff Keiper with a military worthy of the 20th Century.

With this new military machine we can hope to expand Southwards and Westwards, securing the Bulgar State and gaining ports for our navy on the West coast of the Balkans. Moreover, the annexation of Hungary will stop, once and for all the ludicrous demands by the Magyars for our soverign provinces.'

Resuming his seat close to the Head of State, Bareskeen observed his cabinet 'associates' for potential signs of dissent and the opportunity to exploit any weaknesses.

Last edited:
Shame

The only shame is that no one will ever fully realise the number of PM's that have been floating around. What we really need is an 'Umpire' who will be the only one really getting the 'Big Picture'.

Fortunately, I'm not at all like my Minister........... I've never been to the Black Sea Coast.