• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
First let me say that this may very well be the first time since I joined last summer (maybe it was earlier, I cant remember), that Harvard replied to one of my posts. It was an odd feeling.

Secondly, may I just scream with excitement? Thank you.
*ahem*
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

/scream

I particularly enjoyed the Germany TAG (could've sworn there was one somewhere, but I guess not :p), and the Meath tag. It should really make some of our mods more interesting.

Well I guess the cat's out of the bag now ;)

And did you know how hard it was not to talk about this when I knew it was coming? :p

Will AGCEEP be compatible with CK savegame conversion ? (concerning TAG attribution)

Probably not but who knows?
We shouldn't try and make AGCEEP compatible with the savegame converter IMHO.
However we just might be able to! A hell of a lot of states we modded in exist now.

So, will there be any effort made to change all the tags to the right ones, since we now have actual tags for many of the nations we were shuffling around tags for? It makes sense, but it's a lot of work...

Would make a lot of sense. It's not that hard either really if you think about it, just use a search-and-replace program.

This is simply incredible news...

What does CK stand for? It's that game that's basically EU2 except occurs in the early medievil period right?

IIUC, Havard is basically saying that we have have those 80 some-odd tags to use as potential revolters? I imagine that we'd have to be somewhat careful as to which ones to use as not to cause potential conflicts with this save-game conversion thingy being talked about.

Also, we have a Yorkist tag and a Lancaster tag, is it safe for me to start posting monarch and leader lists for these factions?! Can I use these tags for the War of the Roses?

EDIT: MKJ, perhaps a dumb question, but did you get your hands on the Yorkist shield and flag that Kaigon made a little while ago? Was Johan able to include it?
EDIT: ok, so that was a lazy question. I downloaded the patch and just looked at the flags for LAN and YOR...what are they based on?

Last edited:
ribbon22 said:
This is simply incredible news...

What does CK stand for? It's that game that's basically EU2 except occurs in the early medievil period right?
Crusader Kings. :)

ribbon22 said:
IIUC, Havard is basically saying that we have have those 80 some-odd tags to use as potential revolters? I imagine that we'd have to be somewhat careful as to which ones to use as not to cause potential conflicts with this save-game conversion thingy being talked about.
If used for a mod with separate revolter file (i.e. using moddir) there should be no need to be careful at all. AFAIK, the CK converter will use the standard revolt.txt. What one does in various mods is not tied to the converter. :)

Havard said:
Crusader Kings. :)

If used for a mod with separate revolter file (i.e. using moddir) there should be no need to be careful at all. AFAIK, the CK converter will use the standard revolt.txt. What one does in various mods is not tied to the converter. :)
So technically, we can't play Crusader Kings and then convert our saved games to EU2 and continue our games with agc-eep, that is, unless agc-eep used the standard revolt.txt, correct?

Which, from my guess, means we really do have 100 more tags to play with in this mod. cooooool...

ribbon22 said:
So technically, we can't play Crusader Kings and then convert our saved games to EU2 and continue our games with agc-eep, that is, unless agc-eep used the standard revolt.txt, correct?
That is correct. The CK export will give a new EU2 scenario/save file as output.

ribbon22 said:
Which, from my guess, means we really do have 100 more tags to play with in this mod. cooooool...
Yep. :)

Havard said:
That is correct. The CK export will give a new EU2 scenario/save file as output.

Yep. :)
that is friggen cool!

But oh god...I can't even begin to imagine an EU2 mod that uses the standard revolt.txt and attempts to adapt itself to whatever is the product of someone's game in CK! That would just be, well, crazyness. Anyone up for it?! :rofl:

Mad King James said:
Would make a lot of sense. It's not that hard either really if you think about it, just use a search-and-replace program.

Should be very easy, can we get a list of whcih countries to switch over to some of those new tags for the AGCEEP I will put it in either patch 1.24 or 1.25 if we can get a list together.

Here is what I have so far:

Dauphine-BOU will now use DAU (Dauphine)
Livonian Order-U18 will now use LIV (Livonian Order)
Stettin-SLZ will now use STT (Stettin)
Transoxiana-U03 will now use TOX (Transoxiana)
Tyrol-u19 will now use TYR (Tyrol)

Late,
Jester

ribbon22 said:
that is friggen cool!

But oh god...I can't even begin to imagine an EU2 mod that uses the standard revolt.txt and attempts to adapt itself to whatever is the product of someone's game in CK! That would just be, well, crazyness. Anyone up for it?! :rofl:

Not me, I just want to try and get the AGCEEP working right.

LAte,
Jester

although that would be CRAZY COOL

Havard said:
Well, presumably one could create a mod that was designed to be compatible with a CK export - specifically, it uses the same inital setup outside of Europe as the CK export does, and it didn't use any of the tags that could be active at the start of a CK game for anything other than their intended purpose.

Basically, you'd restrict your modifications to the event files and revolt.txt. Call it "AGCEEP lite - CK port version." People could drop their CK export savegames into that directory, and fire it up.

But yeah, we shouldn't concern ourselves with that for the purposes of the AGCEEP.

Jester said:
Should be very easy, can we get a list of whcih countries to switch over to some of those new tags for the AGCEEP I will put it in either patch 1.24 or 1.25 if we can get a list together.

Here is what I have so far:

Dauphine-BOU will now use DAU (Dauphine)
Livonian Order-U18 will now use LIV (Livonian Order)
Stettin-SLZ will now use STT (Stettin)
Transoxiana-U03 will now use TOX (Transoxiana)
Tyrol-u19 will now use TYR (Tyrol)

Late,
Jester

Foix - BEA
Styria - SEI

Although we could expand the AGCEEP timeline

We should though use the new user defined ones imo before the EU2 ones, unless you want to make some of those nations listed as revolters which i definatly most, if not all, are not needed.

Last edited: