• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

unmerged(123455)

Corporal
4 Badges
Nov 9, 2008
  • Cities in Motion
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
I wanted to play an Israel game, so I started as Russia, released Ukraine, conquered Palestine, played through to 1870, did a couple of tag switching and had Israel free! But things aren't quite going as planned.

After a good 20 years of play, only about 6%, or 20k, of my pops are Ashkenazi or Sephardem. I of course got an intentional boon by controlling the province for a few decades as Ukraine (I knew that there would be a lot of migration, and that Ukraine's large Ashkenazi population would be a part of that), but aside from that and a little assimilation, I'm not getting any Jewish pops.

I've heard in the past that Israeli cores in Palestine will cause Jewish immigration. I couldn't get this to happen in Vanilla, and I'm still not seeing it in AHD. I didn't have any immigration at first, but around 1900, with lots of employment available in factories and plenty of liberal reforms, I started to being in immigrants. Sweet! But they're mostly British. There are still sizable populations of Ashkenazi in Ukraine, occupied Poland, and Russia, but they're not coming!

All that to say, what the heck! Anyone know if Jewish POPs will really immigrate to Palestine once Israel has cores there? Did I dream that up, or is it real?

I wanted to play an Israel game, so I started as Russia, released Ukraine, conquered Palestine, played through to 1870, did a couple of tag switching and had Israel free! But things aren't quite going as planned.

After a good 20 years of play, only about 6%, or 20k, of my pops are Ashkenazi or Sephardem. I of course got an intentional boon by controlling the province for a few decades as Ukraine (I knew that there would be a lot of migration, and that Ukraine's large Ashkenazi population would be a part of that), but aside from that and a little assimilation, I'm not getting any Jewish pops.

I've heard in the past that Israeli cores in Palestine will cause Jewish immigration. I couldn't get this to happen in Vanilla, and I'm still not seeing it in AHD. I didn't have any immigration at first, but around 1900, with lots of employment available in factories and plenty of liberal reforms, I started to being in immigrants. Sweet! But they're mostly British. There are still sizable populations of Ashkenazi in Ukraine, occupied Poland, and Russia, but they're not coming!

All that to say, what the heck! Anyone know if Jewish POPs will really immigrate to Palestine once Israel has cores there? Did I dream that up, or is it real?

Maybe if you promise to conquer the surrounding land to provide homes for more Jews, they'll come?

They're quite secular, aka religion doesn't play a large part of the game. I'm not sure if ethnic groups would fall into the same category, but maybe they have or should have a "Kelly's Irish Brigades" event for Israel, that auto converts the local pop to that group?

There is no pull-factor for Ashkenazi or Sephardim culture POPs to Israel.

Israel is in the game much like the Byzantine Empire and Babylon. They are simply flavor, since they did not exist during the time period.

When your country has the same culture as a POP that is about to immigrate internationally, you get an extra pull-factor of 2.0

Compared to the 4.0 of being in North or South America. There is extra incentive for Jewish pops to choose Israel, but only half as much as say, Colombia.

At least you have Ashkenazi.... I played Israel once and there were NO Ashkenazi pops at all, but they turn everyone jewish (religion). I conquered Two scilies, I still had no Ashkenazi pops, but Sicily ended up over 70 % jewish and the other provinces (I conquered some of my surrounding provinces in the middle east too) turned jewish very fast too... but still no Ashkenazi pops. Even after decades I had ZERO Ashkenazi pops.

You need to conquer what would be Poland... there are a lot of Ashkenazi.

Edit: Paradox should make Israel (after it is formed) to a magnet for Ashkenazi pops for some years. Like the Americas, but only for Ashkenazi and only for the core land.

Israel: Losing thousands of muslim pops and gaining thousands of Ashkenazi/jewish pops. If this would go on for 10 years or so, this would turn Israel to a real jewish state. This would be pretty realistic too, because even without WW2, there would be great attraction for jews to leave their countries and move to Israel.

Last edited:
That seems odd, especially given most Jews assimilate by the late game. Maybe there should be a global Return to Zion trigger when Israel is released?

"Return to Zion" or "Call of Zion" decision for Israel... Attracts all accepted pops and throws out some not accepted ones. So you basically switch pops and maybe end up with some 10k more people than you had before!

5-10 years MASSIVE immigration of Ashkenazi and Sephardim, rest of the game just slightly more than standard immigration of these pops.... something like that, would be great!

My suggestion is that the Province of Palestine should have a mod which draws Jews to the province.

Firstly, Palestine should have a larger Jewish population (at least a large visible minority) especially toward the late 1800s. Perhaps a mod which incourages Jewish (or Sephardim, Ashkenazim, Mizrahiyim, or Yemenite Jewish growth) could be added to the Palestine province. A similar mod could also be added to the Canadian Province of Quebec, that is the Province of Quebec could have a 'Revenge of the Cradle' mod which spirals French-Canadian birthrate.

It'd be quite useless though, unless assimilation gets fixed since by 1870s when you can releases Israel there are barely any Ashkenazi pops left.

Well this is my current game:
culture.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.