• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I had my Condor Legion come home and it told me I had a bunch of things happen with some research but I am not sure exactly what the bonuses were.

title = "EVTNAME2012"
desc = "EVTDESC2012"
picture = "DIG_legion_condor"

option = {
name = "Welcome back, guys!"
tac_pilot_training = 60
fighter_pilot_training = 60
fighter_ground_control = 60
ground_attack_tactics = 60
aa_barrell_ammo = 60
aa_carriage_sights = 60
load_oob = zDIG_Legion_Condor.txt

I know I got some units but for the research bonuses, what exactly happens or should I be doing?

I had my Condor Legion come home and it told me I had a bunch of things happen with some research but I am not sure exactly what the bonuses were.

title = "EVTNAME2012"
desc = "EVTDESC2012"
picture = "DIG_legion_condor"

option = {
name = "Welcome back, guys!"
tac_pilot_training = 60
fighter_pilot_training = 60
fighter_ground_control = 60
ground_attack_tactics = 60
aa_barrell_ammo = 60
aa_carriage_sights = 60
load_oob = zDIG_Legion_Condor.txt

I know I got some units but for the research bonuses, what exactly happens or should I be doing?

You gained 60 days in each techs, that means whatever you did on those technologies, if you research them again you will have them 60 days in advance. :)

I seem to be having a problem with making britain surrender without the game crashing.
I've invaded britain, nuked them quite a few times to bring their unity down so i can make them surrender. Then i take over some more cities and surrender status goes to 100%, few seconds later game crashes.. no error or anything.
Edit: I've got no mods what so ever so im not sure whats causing this. And im playing as Germany if that makes any difference.
Edit 2: And tried again a few times and still crashing.. Great.

Last edited:
In my game last night I decided to invade UK in early 1940 shortly after defeating France. I first started out with 7 groups of 3 INT roaming the skies. I soon had air superiority. I think (its only a guess as I forgot to check) that the UK only had about 10 INT there. I had 1 group of 4xNAV and 4 groups of 4xTAC with one more that came available during the fight.

I bombed the ports constantly and sunk or damaged many ships but suffered large losses in strength and organization. I did this for a full month and used my subs pretty close. I had a level 6 radar so I was able to keep track of most of the UK land units. I sent my navy ( I added 1 BB, 1, BC, 1 HC and 5 DD's) as a diversion and landed some marines, panzers, mountain and infantry east of London in a non-port province. The invasion force was not intercepted as my diversion fleet was engaged near Dover. The small port there was unguarded and captured. I sent a force to capture dover when I noticed the troops left to engage my troops. This is when I used a para division to capture the port and transported in 15 more divisions. The rest as they say is history and was a pretty easy fight.

So like Mardal I think you need to make some of the home guard units have zero movement (or is it 1 that keeps them in place). The transporting in of troops is a poor design from vanilla and not sure what if anything can be done. But it makes it too easy to ignore the navy and just ship over division after division without a risk of interception.

Overall it is much better than vanilla but still way too easy. Maybe giving more radar and AA to UK ports could help. Maybe a very weak no movement division on each province that contacts the sea would also prevent invasions into undefended provinces not being intercepted by the AI. I did a test and launched a sea invasion against a protected province and the AI in DIG did a decent job of sending a patrol to intercept it. I also did a test and invaded a province in upper Scotland that was unprotected and the units landed unmolested. I know much of this is due to PI allowing invasions in any province but somehow forcing them to be confromted really helps the AI.

I still have not had an opportunity to try out the SU fight yet.

Using patch 2.04f.

Combat: Attacking units had the breakthrough bonus but the defender was receiving +15% defense?

Attacker gets +25% on attack and defender +15% on defence. This is the same as vanilla, and it´s WAD. Overall, breakthrough is one of the worst combat events, IMHO. Speed bonus is nice, but, unless you are really late in the game, it´s for nothing, because when you win and reach the new province you´ll be hit by attack delay.

I seem to remember reading somewhere that there will be no corrections/additions of flavour names for research/models. Is this really true? Other than that I'm finding Dies Irae very very enjoyable indeed!

I seem to remember reading somewhere that there will be no corrections/additions of flavour names for research/models. Is this really true? Other than that I'm finding Dies Irae very very enjoyable indeed!

I have fixed the model names in the 1.01 beta patch. :s

Why continues my post to be forgotten ? :(

Because I can't answer everyone (I do that in my free time you know). :)

Russian railways penalty is now -33% supply throughput
Russian railways tech is -10% IC

You choose which one you want. :)

CAG are vanilla settings, no need to change the way CAG work in a German DLC.

Because I can't answer everyone (I do that in my free time you know). :)

Russian railways penalty is now -33% supply throughput
Russian railways tech is -10% IC

You choose which one you want. :)

CAG are vanilla settings, no need to change the way CAG work in a German DLC.

Thank you for the answers. I assume that the -33% supply throughput is a Strategic Effect which the tech cancels out then ?

Thank you for the answers. I assume that the -33% supply throughput is a Strategic Effect which the tech cancels out then ?

Yes this is the purpose of the winter and russian railway techs: cancel the strategic effects.

Devildread:

Did you look at the issue with DIES_IRAE-1939-FateOfSlovakia.txt that I mentioned in post #555?

I just noticed another issue. I think that this may be an issue for Danevag to address. In DI 1.01, I noticed that the marine unit's portrait is missing. It seems to be the vanilla picture, but upsized and highly pixelated.

I'll read all the bug reports when I'll get time to fix them. Don't worry, I'll miss no post. :)

I like this mod but I'm very sceptical to the operation tech/events giving shitloads of MP just because you wait with invasions a couple of months. Please reconsider these bonuses since they lock down the player in a rather unhistorical way.

Last edited:
I like this mod but I'm very sceptical to the operation tech/events giving shitloads of MP just because you wait with invasions a couple of months. Please reconsider these bonuses since they lock down the player in a rather unhistorical way.

Unhistoric? You get 500 MP for DOW against low countries but you get to decide when (as long as you are already at war with the allies). So how is that unhistoric? It seems to me the DLC is rewarding you to pllay more historically.