• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

HighLigerBimBam

Major
109 Badges
Aug 9, 2009
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Deus Vult
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Semper Fi
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • 500k Club
  • War of the Roses
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury Pre-order
  • Surviving Mars
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Victoria 2
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma Pre-order
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
Patchnotes. Update may not be avaiable now, waiting for steam.

r21119b
------

Critical Fixes:
+ Fixed an end of combat crash related to retreating.
+ Fixed a couple crashes related to diplomatic actions with independent factions.
+ Fixed remaining known multiplayer sync crashes.
+ Fixed a crash caused by the target of a boarding pod being destroyed.
+ Fixed a crash in the battle rider manager.
+ Fixed a crash caused by network clients finishing combat prior to the host.
+ Fixed a crash that could occur when calculating rebel AI economic ratings.
+ Fixed a crash caused by submitting a treaty with an independent faction without first selecting the type.

Other Fixes:
+ Fixed spectre camouflage.
+ Strategic turn timer is now displayed in games that use it.
+ Fixed an issue where players were not being assigned the correct initial star systems.
+ Fixed the UI issue that was preventing players from moving ships in combat in some cases.
+ Gate labs now apply a bonus only to drive research.
+ Independent colonies no longer form on barren planetoids nor gas giants.
+ Fixed an issue that was preventing minelayers from functioning in combat.
+ Improved framerate in combat when many ships are selected.
+ Fixed some issues with the grav cannon.
+ Colony information panels were tweaked to display in owner colors.
+ Trade stimulus no longer provides more freighters than are needed.
+ Encounters involving non-aggression parties no longer induce morale penalties.
+ Fixed known AI issues with slaver encounters.
+ Fixed a bug that was assigning unwanted modules to stations and ships.
+ Fixed known issues that were preventing players from upgrading stations.
+ Addressed VN-related framerate issues.
+ Retreating ships no longer get pulled back into combat at the same location.
+ Fixed an issue - fleets will now maintain their positions for multiple rounds of combat.
+ Initial station weapons are now longer range.
+ Fixed an issue where station upgrades were not updating station structure.
+ Fixed an issue where players were spawning too close to the star during random encounters.
+ The Morrigi Relic encounter no longer holds players in combat after the relics are destroyed.
+ Fixed an issue where the research screen was not correctly displaying module bonuses.
+ Fixed main menu sound playing in games when the sound enabled options are turned on and off.
+ Removed the unwanted vertical scrollbar from the avatar and badge selection strips.
+ Fixed some issues with AI ship design and related weapon selection.
+ Active invoices are now properly discarded when leaving the build screen.
+ Made changes to fleet interception logic to address a pathological case that was causing Hiver intercepts to fail when they should not.
+ Fixed some Hiver Gate fleet loopholes.
+ Fixed an issue that was allowing speech events to play while disabled.
+ Fixed various text string errors.

Additions:
+ Added curvature Compensation bonus for Liir.
+ Added phase dislocation tech bonus.
+ Added colony support trips configuration.
+ Support missions now default to the maximum possible trips.
+ Added station retrofitting.
+ Added click-to-focus for items in the fleet summary.
+ Support event dialogs now identify the supporting fleet.
+ Empire summary values now display in red and green to reflect change since the previous turn.
+ Asteroid monitors are now available as player buildable defenses.
+ Protectorate ship section effects.
+ The defense manager now displays incoming fleet vectors for pending encounters.
+ Zuul missions will now prompt for the automatic inclusion of a bore ship when necessary, instead of assuming that one is needed.

Last edited:
Hrm - I don't see anything about the Swarm Queen issue [where once you get a Swarm Queen encounter it never really ends - eg: 5+ swarm queen attacks in a single system over and over again]. I don't know that this was on their known issues list though [I thought I had read somewhere here that it was]. Other fixes look good - I do have a question though [this may be my ignorance of some mechanics]: What is the point behind retrofitting stations if you cannot choose specific weapon types to go on the station? Or am I just missing which tech tree unlock allows that?

My immersion pack content is suddenly missing. Using steam.
Anyone else?

Edit:
Scratch that, trying it one more time seemed to work. Not sure
why, wasn't anything I did different.

Last edited:
i havnt gotten far enough into a game to tell yet. Turn 112 in a 2 player map and everythings working fine so far except a crash on turn 51 when the Ghost ship attacked and destroyed a colony on the same turn the construction fleet finished a station.

edit: now im on turn 170 and its taking 10 - 12seconds between turns and some minor delays for screen transitions. That's about the same as before the patch at around this point in the game. :sad:

Last edited:
I've bought the game last year and now half a year later, the graphical issues with the refraction shader on translucent materials causing z-sorting issues for the backfaces so they render as black stuff on top of everything else are not getting any kind of attention. I'm refusing to play the game when the only alternative is to have silly holes in all of your models. :(

I've bought the game last year and now half a year later, the graphical issues with the refraction shader on translucent materials causing z-sorting issues for the backfaces so they render as black stuff on top of everything else are not getting any kind of attention. I'm refusing to play the game when the only alternative is to have silly holes in all of your models. :(

Have you tried posting a big report? Afaik that particular bug was killed two months ago, if you still experience it that you are probably one of the few who do.

Warder

Have you tried posting a big report? Afaik that particular bug was killed two months ago, if you still experience it that you are probably one of the few who do.

Warder
From what I remember the answer was unless there is a solution for all affected GPUs it is not being looked at. From a quick search it's apparently related to the fact that this is a DX10.1 game instead of DX10, which is why my GPU apparently is unable to do certain shader ops, I suspect. Well that is a bummer, because it is not stated anywhere that you need DX10.1.....

Not sure that is entirely true. The driver for your card may not support it. I run SotS 2 on an ATI HD 4670 1Gig card, which works just fine with SotS 2 (no graphical issues at all). However the drivers for it work up to DX11 although the Card itself is only rated for DX10. What Graphics care are you using?