• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Sorry to say this, but this 'sticky' has pretty much decrapitated into a lot of...bleh. New forum visitors would be much better served if a mod fished out the real helpful tidbits from this thread, and put them all into a single post sticky thread which can be moderator-updated over time. Or at least edit the first post and add all the relevant tips there so they're all in one place. I read all 5 pages and I feel like there was only about 3 posts containing anything of real value. IMO

Also, I'm not saying I'd be opposed to a more complete or up to date manual, but keep in mind that Paradox has limited resources. Personally I'd much rather see new in-game tooltips added, or even forum threads, allowing Paradox to spend time on more critical stuff like bugs or minor features.

Hello my strategic friends!

I have some questions about the addon FtM.
Now I have HOI3 with SFi and a very good mod on it, which I dont want missing at this game.

So, can anybody tell me what changed with FtM or where to look at?

Is there a new modding command language (what would make problems with my loved Mod)?

Could few of you discribe if its worth to buy it or not so much and why (because I heard one times somebody not so excited about FtM) ?

Thank you

Hello my strategic friends!

I have some questions about the addon FtM.
Now I have HOI3 with SFi and a very good mod on it, which I dont want missing at this game.

So, can anybody tell me what changed with FtM or where to look at?

Is there a new modding command language (what would make problems with my loved Mod)?

Could few of you discribe if its worth to buy it or not so much and why (because I heard one times somebody not so excited about FtM) ?

Thank you

I would never go back to SF once I played FTM. Well worth the buy. There are many new modding commands just look in the mod forum for a full list.

Thanks for your answer.

I was looking and checked out the mod command list there. Thats a good thing.
But still I have few questions, cause I couldnt find in "FtM manual" anything about it.

The provinces are the same, with all ID numbers?

Whats with the surrender country flags, they still there or how it works in detail?

Probably all my SF save files will be crushed, how can I order to install FtM only over few of my HOI copys, not over all?
(different mods, ect...)

Greetings

I think the province IDs were changed a bit, not 100% sure thought, but I think I read that somewhere. All of the surrender events were removed and replaced with the wargoal system, there's now only the unique wargoals that push everything forward (Fall of France, Lebensraum etc.)

I had NO idea. Is that in a manual somewhere?
Of course, the condition satisfying candidates for filling the positions may be worse
than the fracture penalty.

:blink:

When your are on the Politics screen and you mouse-over the red button besides each minister's name, the tooltip tells you from which party they are. Sadly, when you click 'replace' and access the possible replacements panel, such a tooltip doesn't exist anymore, so you can't tell at a glance which candidate is from which party. You have to select them one by one, by trial and error. It would have been easier if we would have access to the tooltip on that panel also.

When your are on the Politics screen and you mouse-over the red button besides each minister's name, the tooltip tells you from which party they are. Sadly, when you click 'replace' and access the possible replacements panel, such a tooltip doesn't exist anymore, so you can't tell at a glance which candidate is from which party. You have to select them one by one, by trial and error. It would have been easier if we would have access to the tooltip on that panel also.

Great idea! Post it in Bug Reports, please. I would like to see that too.

Great idea! Post it in Bug Reports, please. I would like to see that too.

I listened to your advice and posted my observation in the Bug Reports. comsubpac didn't seem to appreciate this and told me to 'please read the sticky threads about how to report a bug.' My first post and I feel welcome already!

I listened to your advice and posted my observation in the Bug Reports. comsubpac didn't seem to appreciate this and told me to 'please read the sticky threads about how to report a bug.' My first post and I feel welcome already!

Oh well. So much for that. I still like the idea.

the important part of my post was: "is this really a bug or something that could be different?". additionally your post lags basic information like version, checksum, screenshot, savegame and so on. it is no big deal it is just not really helpful and it might be out of scope in the bug report forum.

the important part of my post was: "is this really a bug or something that could be different?". additionally your post lags basic information like version, checksum, screenshot, savegame and so on. it is no big deal it is just not really helpful and it might be out of scope in the bug report forum.

It's just a missing tooltip though. A screenshot would help, I agree, but save game is taking it a bit far. That just takes unnecessary space on the server if not needed.
Generally your advice is sound, but I just felt I wanted to add to this.

If I'm not mistaken, there is a little colored circle beside the ministers that denote which party they belong to (this can be a bit hard to make out with Germany as they are both very dark, but the Fascist one isn't quite as black as the NSDAP one).

I've just discovered that Convoys cost officers :rolleyes:

I'm modding this game for two years now and still discovering stuff :p
OK, convoys are mainly hardcoded so it is not that easy to figure it out.

Convoys are using destroyer unit (with the upgrades and such), transport are using transport unit. If you make DD to cost officiers your convoys will.

Sorry to say this, but this 'sticky' has pretty much decrapitated into a lot of...bleh. New forum visitors would be much better served if a mod fished out the real helpful tidbits from this thread, and put them all into a single post sticky thread which can be moderator-updated over time. Or at least edit the first post and add all the relevant tips there so they're all in one place. I read all 5 pages and I feel like there was only about 3 posts containing anything of real value.

No kidding. I came here hoping for more tips like in the first post.