Ad Astra! ... an Aurora Forum Game, run by blue emu

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Is it possible the enemy ship was a minelayer?

I've got both of my Command Cruisers (AWACS ships) along, remember. They've got pretty good sensors.

Actually, even your command ships (and every ship in your fleet?) have the crappy default EM detection value of 1. For example, the Admiral II class' 50m GPS 8400 search sensor could only be detected at 8.4m with EM detection rating of 1. It's quite possible he managed to ping you without you seeing it.

Actually, even your command ships (and every ship in your fleet?) have the crappy default EM detection value of 1. For example, the Admiral II class' 50m GPS 8400 search sensor could only be detected at 8.4m with EM detection rating of 1. It's quite possible he managed to ping you without you seeing it.

Possibly so. We'll know when the missiles get here... or don't.

Is it possible the enemy ship was a minelayer?

Possibly so. We'll route around that stretch.

The Prix ship has fled beyond detection range.

A Parthian shot without the shot?
Or perhaps the classic fake flight to ambush the opponent, even if this is unlikely with the firepower they have shown before.

I'd say proceed with care.

We'll know when the missiles get here...

Quite. A salvo of fifteen missiles just arrived. No prior warning by thermal imaging. As anticipated, they attacked one of our Decoy Vessels.

G_185_Battle_Wolf.jpg

Seven missiles missed, one was shot down by CIWS, seven hit... resulting in minor spallation of the outer armor.

G_186_Battle_Wolf.jpg

... just a few dents, no-where deeper than two rows out of sixteen.

Going to active sensors now, and re-launching the Fighters as soon as they are refueled.

These might be size2 or smaller missiles. No wonder the passive sensors didn't pick them up. When my scout ship was blown up, it was with strength 9 warheads so probably at least size 3-4 missiles, and my sensors didn't pick it up (passives about as good as yours).

Oh and BTW there may be more missiles very close. Watch out.

So they can hit us when we can barely even see them.

Wonderful!

Edit: He's probably falling back to reload or regroup with some of his buddies!

Hope we manage to catch up with the bastard before he managed to get more missles, though that is probably moot hope.

Hope we manage to catch up with the bastard before he managed to get more missles, though that is probably moot hope.

My guess is we'd have to split the fleet and try to corner him.

Though that's assuming there's only one of them.

Holy shit! There's FIVE of them!... and at least one more, because none of these dudes is the guy who waxed our scout.

G_188_Prix.jpg

G_187_Prix.jpg

G_189_Prix.jpg

This looks pretty serious :rofl:

They're still well out of our firing range, too.

These might be size2 or smaller missiles. No wonder the passive sensors didn't pick them up. When my scout ship was blown up, it was with strength 9 warheads so probably at least size 3-4 missiles, and my sensors didn't pick it up (passives about as good as yours).

IIRC, when our scout ship was blown in the current system a while back, there was only 1 second margin to detect them. Otherwise they would have been too far or too near (ie. exploding against the hull).

The actives on the warships should have no problems though.

[video=youtube;im_5QdHp04E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=im_5QdHp04E&feature=related[/video]

Awww hell noooo!

Did we just launch 12 anti missiles on every incoming missile? I fear we gonna be out of defensive measures at that rate.

Edit: Or does it target groups of missiles?