• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
hi guys,

i had a nice game as imperial japan, starting in 1914 and tried to get the most land as possible from the germans. After world war 1 ended historically, the russian civil war took place. I declared war up on the Ufa Directory, when I saw it losing the war against the reds. After anexing them, sadly, they never accepted my very most friendly offer to come onto the yellow side of the power, I wasn't able to release any kind of puppet. But as far as i remember, japan is able to release Primorsk in DH-Full.
Is there any bug or what?
I'd really like to see some kind of japanese intervention, maybe followed by some kind of possible short-war with the soviets and heavy international pressure, like in OTL.

hi guys,

i had a nice game as imperial japan, starting in 1914 and tried to get the most land as possible from the germans. After world war 1 ended historically, the russian civil war took place. I declared war up on the Ufa Directory, when I saw it losing the war against the reds. After anexing them, sadly, they never accepted my very most friendly offer to come onto the yellow side of the power, I wasn't able to release any kind of puppet. But as far as i remember, japan is able to release Primorsk in DH-Full.
Is there any bug or what?
I'd really like to see some kind of japanese intervention, maybe followed by some kind of possible short-war with the soviets and heavy international pressure, like in OTL.

I think you can release Primorsk once you reach 1933 (and if you're Paternal Autocrat, Father Gapon will be head of security :confused:)

Hi guys!
I played 1.4.1 mod, there are so many improvements and bugs fixed, GREAT job!!!
Yet, there are three things I noticed playing with both Japan and Germany:
- Hitler is Head of State since 1925, although I received a message that Von Hindenburg has won the elections.
- There's an event message about Austria that only says: EVT_13300112_NAME
- The most important - when and how does Industrial and Force limit turns off for Germany? It's August 1933, and I it's still on.

Thanks in advance, and once more - amazing work!

Hi guys!
I played 1.4.1 mod, there are so many improvements and bugs fixed, GREAT job!!!
The latest version is 1.4.1.1 (Codename: Too Long Version Number), not 1.4.1 FINAL (Codename: Fancy Graphics Discussions). This version was originally planned to be 1.4.2, but I lowered the version number since the number of fixes was small (a bunch of fixes intended for 1.4.1.1 were either pushed to old1.4.3/new1.4.2 or 1.5.0). Burning hasn't bothered to update the first post (the link is correct) with the right version number since he's away on vacation. Edit: changed sometime between me falling asleep a few hours ago and now.
Yet, there are three things I noticed playing with both Japan and Germany:
- Hitler is Head of State since 1925, although I received a message that Von Hindenburg has won the elections.
Fixed in 1.4.1.1 as far as I know. If it is still broken, please tell me. I swapped the order of wake/sleep event commands so Hindenburg is woken as HoS after Hindenburg is slept for other minister positions.
- There's an event message about Austria that only says: EVT_13300112_NAME
Fixed, thanks
- The most important - when and how does Industrial and Force limit turns off for Germany? It's August 1933, and I it's still on.
I can't find the event and I have a plane in a few hours to catch, so I'll let Burning answer this one.
Thanks in advance, and once more - amazing work!
You are welcome. :)

Last edited:
It's October 1935 (playing with Germany), and still nothing happens. Re-occupation of Rhineland, changing the Flag, Hitler becoming Chancellor etc.

p. s. Have a nice flight! :)

my soviet union is weird .. lenin did not die ... nor stalin came to power
Perhaps the assassination attempt on Comrade Lenin failed?
its 1935 was hoping there was some 5 year plan event in which adds extra IC ...
Well, you are supposed to build industry, not upgrading and constructing an army! :D
Remember how Russia in 1936 is: 2x the IC of Imperial Russia in 1914 BUT a 1918-style army. You can go for decent army, but that will hurt your ability to expand your industrial base.

Even the AI manages to extend the Soviet IC to about 250 in 1936 :)

Last edited:
I have a suggestion:
When ever you get an event that makes you to choose a new goverment (etc.) could you possibly tell in the event what bonuses and what not those options give you? Currently I'm just taking the one that has nicer name and it hurts me usually hard (only negative effect etc.)

I have a suggestion:
When ever you get an event that makes you to choose a new goverment (etc.) could you possibly tell in the event what bonuses and what not those options give you? Currently I'm just taking the one that has nicer name and it hurts me usually hard (only negative effect etc.)

Personally I think that's a bit too gamey, but this can be discussed. We will be changing it so that only the HoG/HoS is changed for players though, so it won't hit you as hard. What we could do if we have the time and we can find it in the research is to write what the candidates promised during the electoral cycle.

Hi Burning!

Do you know what the problem is with these German events, why don't they trigger?
Especially this Industrial and Force limit?

Hi, I'm unaware of a problem with german events not triggering. What event do you have in mind specifically?

Well, you are supposed to build industry, not upgrading and constructing an army! :D
Remember how Russia in 1936 is: 2x the IC of Imperial Russia in 1914 BUT a 1918-style army. You can go for decent army, but that will hurt your ability to expand your industrial base.
New economic policy, prodrazverstka and 5 year plans should really be implemented in the game though.

Last edited:
Perhaps the assassination attempt on Comrade Lenin failed?

Even the AI manages to extend the Soviet IC to about 250 in 1936 :)

I never got the assansination event ? or is it a decision?

I never got the assansination event ? or is it a decision?

Right, that explains why you didn't get Stalin as heir to the Soviet Throne. The assassination attempt will happen starting in 1918 in case the Soviets are part of the Russian Civil War. If you never had it or you finished off the Whites before the 10th August 1918, then Lenin will never be shot in the first place.

Hi, I'm unaware of a problem with german events not triggering. What event do you have in mind specifically?

I played it (historically) until late 1936, but none of the events triggered related to Hitler's rise to power (forbidding the flag, re-occupation of Rhineland etc). Also, I still have that annoying Industrial and Force limit.

Personally I think that's a bit too gamey, but this can be discussed. We will be changing it so that only the HoG/HoS is changed for players though, so it won't hit you as hard. What we could do if we have the time and we can find it in the research is to write what the candidates promised during the electoral cycle.
Now that would be great.