• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
From my current Novgorod game, vanilla DW, lucky nations set to historical, year 1446:

eu3-005.jpg

first time D&T actually amazed me.
Norway in Spain
Teutonic Order in france
Belgium formed!

England and Castille in the Ottoman states isn't surprising though, I've already seen the Papal states taking over the OE and having Greece totally cored.

Also how does variable claim work?
I'm playing a new world nation in South America and I have annexed all other nations there but still can't form Inca.

Last edited:
Mainly Mazovia actually surviving and thriving.

I hereby precent you the most brutal non player Mazovia in this thread.
I still can't decide which is more brutal Tver or Mazovia though.
Hamburg and Riga are monsters too.
One of my first games and my favourite and strangest by far.

Sweden was the biggest monster though, they are the Holy Roman Emperor and were the biggest European country, until Sweden tried to vassalize the empire.
It was war and Sweden lost big.

That is Danzig, Prussia and TO next to each other as OPM, yes.

first time D&T actually amazed me.
Norway in Spain
Teutonic Order in france
Belgium formed!

England and Castille in the Ottoman states isn't surprising though, I've already seen the Papal states taking over the OE and having Greece totally cored.

Also how does variable claim work?
I'm playing a new world nation in South America and I have annexed all other nations there but still can't form Inca.

Wow, you got so small resolution. Do you got so small screen?

Why are there ghost pages?For me there are 1075 pages and only 1069 of these are used

Why are there ghost pages?For me there are 1075 pages and only 1069 of these are used

it has to do with deleted posts. those are still there, but only moderators can see them. unfortunately, the vbulletin system doesn't take that into account when displaying the number of pages to a normal user.

Okay, as a new player, I'm not sure how strange this is. It may happen all the time. But it's the first time it's happened to me, and it seemed pretty damned odd...

I had a slider move available, and since I'm playing Novgorod and want to Westernize, I moved the slider towards Centralization. This particular slider move spawned a Pretender Rebellion in Bryansk. Not a problem, since I already have 10 regiments garrisoned there since it has a high revolt risk already.

So I'm watching my little army dudes fight and nobody is near close to being wiped out or running out of morale, when suddenly I get the "You won!" message. Well, that's weird, but okay. So I hover my mouse over the units to see where the rebels are retreating to so I can hopefully head them off. And I see this:

eu3-006.jpg

There's a Muscovite Nationalist uprising next door to me in Golden Horde-controled Tula. A few regiments of the Muscovite Nationalists came over to Bryansk, and I guess they don't like the Novgorodian Pretenders, because they actually started fighting them instead of moving on to seige another one of my provinces.

eu3-007.jpg

Well, the Novgorodian Pretenders may want to stage a coup d'etat on the current Novgorodian president, but they're Novgorodians through-and-through, and aren't about to let some upstart Muscovites get their filthy hands on legitimately-held Novgorodian territory. So they switch sides:

eu3-008.jpg

The Novgorodian Pretenders spawned with only five regiments total. Those soldier numbers for the Novgorodian Pretenders are his forces as well as my (legitimate) Novgorodian forces combined against the Muscovite Nationalists, because the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

And finally, we win the day:

eu3-009.jpg

Note the temporary alliance -- my shield and the Pretender shield -- in the "Win" side.

And after that, the Novgorodian Pretenders marched on Tver and were put down by legitimate Novgorodian troops, while the Muscovite Nationalists were vanquished in Vyazma.

Operation Bagration in the first screenshot much? :p