• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any idea if steam will be getting a "steam play" version for this? Ie buy it on steam once and play on mac and pc?

I've got a mac at work and would definitely play a mac version... I've got it set up in Wine but even with trees disabled it runs poorly on an early 2011 mbp.
On Steam you aren't allowed to charge PC-buyers for a Mac version. So Paradox couldn;t charge you a second time even if they wanted to.

Nick

On Steam you aren't allowed to charge PC-buyers for a Mac version. So Paradox couldn;t charge you a second time even if they wanted to.

Nick

That is a very interesting thing to know that I haven't heard before. I have seen some games (X3 comes to mind) that are released in on a mac through the app store or by some other means but not on Steam... likely to get around that policy.

Sounds like i'll be impatiently awaiting for this to be released on steam for macs! :)

Betas can't comment on the beta in any way.

Joining the chorus- really, really looking forward to playing this on my mac. Please keep us posted as to the Beta's progress!

I dabbled with the wineskin stuff further up the thread and didn't have much success. Has anyone been able to get the game working without it crashing every 5-10 minutes?

Playing a couple years of the game last night only scratched this itch and made it worse!

I dabbled with the wineskin stuff further up the thread and didn't have much success. Has anyone been able to get the game working without it crashing every 5-10 minutes?

Playing a couple years of the game last night only scratched this itch and made it worse!

I have been playing the GG version (1.02) on wineskin for weeks and never had a crash. Just watch Paul the Tall's instruction video to make sure you have done everythine correctly (if you are not sure). Otherwise it may be a hardware issue; the reason I have to play it on my mac is that my otherwise very powerful 3-year-old pc notebook cannot handle the graphics. Even my brand new state-of-the-art macbook pro cannot render the trees in northern Russia without lagging.

I have been playing the GG version (1.02) on wineskin for weeks and never had a crash. Just watch Paul the Tall's instruction video to make sure you have done everythine correctly (if you are not sure). Otherwise it may be a hardware issue; the reason I have to play it on my mac is that my otherwise very powerful 3-year-old pc notebook cannot handle the graphics. Even my brand new state-of-the-art macbook pro cannot render the trees in northern Russia without lagging.

If you bought it on steam it doesn't quite work so well.

I was able to get it to run by basically installing/running every directx9 type file using winetricks and running the game on low resolution. I get a crash about once an hour but I autosave every 6 months so I rarely lose much progress.

Well, I used to wrapper to install Steam then I selected to run directly the CK2 exe. I also notice that if you have a second monitor plugged in, it crashes. For the rest I used it for hours without any problem. It works definitely better than the CK 1 complete that I bought for Mac!

Status
Not open for further replies.