• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
How detailed will the coastline be? I'd love to be able to hide with some subs and skjolds in the Geirangerfjord (part of the Storfjord) some places it's even 600m deep.
The coastline will be quite detailed (how is that for accurate terminology?). The depths are a pretty different story, since details simply does not exist. But yes, hiding subs in the fjords is exactly what we want to be able to do!

now that is sweet!

are you saying that the depths are insufficiently mapped in real life? Or are you saying that you just havent mapped it yet?
Yes, even heavily trafficked seas are badly mapped. You find authoritative-looking depths on all sorts of sea maps, but a lot of it is guesses and fiction. According to our friends in the Norwegian navy, the best available are the commercial products, and they leave a lot to be desired.

Remember the Rocknes accident (nor). What it hit was unmarked, and this is a heavily trafficked area. There are thousands of unknowns even in Norwegian waters, and it's not going to be better elsewhere.

Will nations be able to "build" ships or are you given a set OOB for the campaign and that is what you get to plan your battle with and execute it?

There will definitely be scenarios with fixed OOB. We're looking at possibilities of acquiring units, first and foremost planes, maybe other units, during scenario and multiplayer games.

Interesting, it will be neat to see how you incorporate that, I look forward to it. Guess I'll keep my radar running to be on the lookout for the reinforcements. Thanks for the reply.

Interesting, it will be neat to see how you incorporate that, I look forward to it. Guess I'll keep my radar running to be on the lookout for the reinforcements. Thanks for the reply.
We have to find a different way than Fleet Command, which just spawned some extra aircraft for you at random locations, typically just next to your opponent's SAM batteries!

The airliners is a nice addition! What happens to the player if they get caught in the crossfire?

Guess I won't engage the plane at the limit of my radar range then and let it get a little closer. But that might endanger my fleet. Decisions, decisions.

What level of detail is going into the coastlines? Will I be able to hide my subs or other units in say a coastal inlet and then sneak up behind the enemy as my main fleet engages from the front? Or would they be immediately detectable?

The plan is that this should work very well. The coastline is quite detailed.

Very nice to hear, thanks for the answer.

Can someone please answer my question about deleting messages from the "question about the forums" thread? I cant find the delete button on the advanced editing screen. :confused: