• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Click the box, subsidise factories.

Railways increase outputs for RGOs and Factories. So the Capuitalists will make more money.

Apologies for perhaps being a bit pedantic, but can you expand a bit on subsidizing factories?

The way you describe it makes it seem that its a blanket on/off for all factories...

Can you subsidize one industry, but not another? Such as, I want to subsidize my arms industry, but not my liquor factory.

Can you subsidize one factory but not another? Such as, I want to subsidize my steel works in State A, because State A has no other factories, but let the Steel works in State B go bankrupt and close, because I have plenty more factories in state B for the workers to go to.

Apologies for perhaps being a bit pedantic, but can you expand a bit on subsidizing factories?

The way you describe it makes it seem that its a blanket on/off for all factories...

Can you subsidize one industry, but not another? Such as, I want to subsidize my arms industry, but not my liquor factory.

Can you subsidize one factory but not another? Such as, I want to subsidize my steel works in State A, because State A has no other factories, but let the Steel works in State B go bankrupt and close, because I have plenty more factories in state B for the workers to go to.

Each factory has a button, so you can choose which you want to and which you don't. By default you will (if you can) and it is up to you to decide not to.

So, if you want your capitalists to make even more money, you just subside a profitable factory! This way they will grow even more and build even more factories!

So, if you want your capitalists to make even more money, you just subside a profitable factory! This way they will grow even more and build even more factories!

No, profitable factories don't need subsidies.

No, profitable factories don't need subsidies.

I hope subsides are able to break the neck of the economy if they´re used to widely, do they?

And if you subsidize a factory the cap pop should consume more because it gets richer, right?

I hope subsides are able to break the neck of the economy if they´re used to widely, do they?

And if you subsidize a factory the cap pop should consume more because it gets richer, right?

Oh Subsidies can break the bank, especially of a small country.

Oh Subsidies can break the bank, especially of a small country.

Thats exactly what I´ve wanted to hear :D
on the 2nd question if you subside a factory thats working well, will the cap in that case spend more money on his own goods than on projects or vice versa and if the caps keep getting richer will they increase their consume demand ?

If you subside a factory the subside costs will grow over time if the factory doesnt make profit on it´s own, because more workers are going to join the factory, right?

Since we are on the topic of capitalists,

Is the division of factory profits between workers and capitalists dependent on how many capitalists there are in the state? I mean (numbers just pulled out of the air to make a point), for example, if there's just 1000 capitalists they'll get 5% while if there are 10000 capitalists they'd get 20%? Or would it be the same percentage regardless of number of capitalists?

If it's the latter, I suspect it would be better to have few capitalists than many, since that'd mean less money (in absolute terms) going to support capitalist lifestyles and more towards investments.

Anybody who has surplus wealth can build a factory in real life. I mean, capitalists may not come from venture capital. Some, as has been said, may come from success in other means of production, and others might develop as a result of specialized educations and the creation of an owning class by the state (along the lines of National Focus).

Anyone who builds a factory in real life BECOMES a capitalist the moment they build a factory.

The life long union plumber who starts their own plumbing company is no longer "working class" but a capitalist working for themselves.

Anyone who builds a factory in real life BECOMES a capitalist the moment they build a factory.

The life long union plumber who starts their own plumbing company is no longer "working class" and are now a capitalist working for themselves.

More likely artisan until he's got like 100 people working for him, but otherwise you're basicaly right.

POP type is not about origin or family, it is what person does.

aristocrats - land owners and it doesn't matter if they are real nobility
capitalists - investors and factory owners
artisans - small bussiness owner or self-employed people

etc.

If you subside a factory the subside costs will grow over time if the factory doesnt make profit on it´s own, because more workers are going to join the factory, right?
Hopefully so. I'd like to see the pure communist regime going bankrupt thing in Vic 2.:D

Hopefully so. I'd like to see the pure communist regime going bankrupt thing in Vic 2.:D

King answered the subsides really drain on the nations budget, so some economy policy´s have more problems than others just natural :D

I´ve forget if planned economy states can de-activate the subsides, can they

Each factory has a button, so you can choose which you want to and which you don't. By default you will (if you can) and it is up to you to decide not to.

If a factory is running a deficit is the only option subsidizing or destruction? Granted destroying one to make room for another, more profitable one in a state makes perfect sense - But what about mothballing a factory until you've either A) researched enough/improved infrastructure enough to make it profitable through output and efficiency or B) Improved the national surplus enough to subsidize without breaking the bank.

I'm not sure what craftsman pops would do in the interim, obviously this is a big drawback to mothballing - I'm simply asking if its an option. Thank you.

If a factory is running a deficit is the only option subsidizing or destruction? Granted destroying one to make room for another, more profitable one in a state makes perfect sense - But what about mothballing a factory until you've either A) researched enough/improved infrastructure enough to make it profitable through output and efficiency or B) Improved the national surplus enough to subsidize without breaking the bank.
In real life, mothballing a factory also costs a lot of money, and I don't think even that's gonna happen, since the unprofitable factories are either bankrupt or sold by the capitalists. Capital can't wait for years!

I truly, truly hope that subsidy can easily make a country bankrupt in Vic 2.:D

In real life, mothballing a factory also costs a lot of money, and I don't think even that's gonna happen, since the unprofitable factories are either bankrupt or sold by the capitalists. Capital can't wait for years!

I truly, truly hope that subsidy can easily make a country bankrupt in Vic 2.:D

Mothballing costs money, but its minimal. Real estate taxes and some minor maintenance, time value of money spent on any input stockpile left... Certainly these costs could be covered for a short while as tech and infrastructure improves - especially as capitalists could be making money from other investments during the interim.

Also, for game purposes the factories aren't sold, allowing for immediate new investment, they are destroyed. If I am wrong here I'm sorry, but that is the impression I got. Such outright elimination of an entire industry in a state seems an indefensible waste of capital.