• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
More ambitions/plots.

If you have established your kingdom your grandchild has nothing to do but kill his wife/nephew/etc. Can't go for wealth/prestige/pious as the previous kings have sorted all that out for you. Maybe change it to a system that tracks the average within Christendom?

So say for prestige, you need what, either 500/1000, I can't remember. If you're a king you have have the ambition of being the most prestigious, most pious, most wealthy... As it is, you should inherit enough wealth and the rest comes very easily.

Also, ambitions to take new land? to take part in holy war? take titles off of other rulers?

It seems like imprisoning, executing, or banishing someone shouldn't require that a ruler have piety greater than or equal to a certain value. For example, one needs to have at least 10 piety to imprison someone without cause, and 20 piety to execute someone. However, imprisoning and executing is exactly the kind of thing a ruler with -500 piety would do. So, instead of requiring that a ruler has a certain amount of piety, it should merely subtract that amount regardless of the ruler's starting piety value.

Agreed!

I'm not really an expert in game design and balance, but here are my two cents. Please feel free to criticize and contribute:

For simplicity's sake:

- A new Ruler Demesne map mode (which showed not only your ruler's, but also everyone else's (If I recall correctly, other rulers' titles can already be seen in their characters pages, but to find where their counties are located you need to click on each one of them, one at a time, which is somewhat cumbersome).

Just go to the diplomatic relations mapmode and click a ruler's capital.

- The return of the game summary feature from EUIII that chronicled the history of your dynasty (and if possible, make it less repetitive and more like an actual history book).

This would be awesome.

- Give the "arrange marriage" UI a new tab/sorting option to more easily find out characters that would accept matrilineal marriages.

Do you have the latest patch? That was added.

- The ability to search for characters by name, just like you can search titles

I long for this dearly.

And for fun's sake:

- Some more permanent solution added to the intrigue mechanics when it comes to your dukes scheming against you. A sort of compromise between asking to end a plot and imprisonment, something that don't force me to choose between risking (yet another) rebellion, and asking my scheming duke to pretty please not steal the Kingdom of Ireland from me because I know EVERYTHING about his plan and his backers just for him to two weeks later start the same scheme again. Often with the same backers.

OH GOD YES! PLEASE!

- The ability to rename your Kingdom (possibly at the cost of prestige, if there must for some reason be a cost involved) and, more ahistorically, for a ruler with sufficiently high prestige to create an entirely new Imperial/Kingdom title out of nowhere (I'm thinking a ruler being able to declare the Empire of Iberia, or somesuch) that wouldn't GIVE prestige when created, but COST a high (I'm thinking in the house of the thousand or two thousands) amount of prestige since it's basically your ruler being megalomaniac, and that would start VERY weak (relation penalties with both your dukes, your immediate neighbors and possibly The Pope, as well as increased revolt risk) but that would gradually stabilize itself and come to be accepted both internally and externally (perhaps by being sanctioned by the Pope).

I disagree on this point. They're already planning to add a bunch of empires, that's enough for me. As for renaming a kingdom, it really only changes flavor, just mod your localization files.

*Playable Pagans (Not fully develouped as that will probably be a dlc).

I want them to unlock the pagans vanilla, and instead make a warning message pop up, saying "Paganism/Norse Paganism is unfinished, are you sure you want to play as this count/duke/king/emperor?"
this is for the sake of MP matches, where alot of people wanna avoid mods, but folks like myself wanna play pagans :=).

You win a cookie, and a nomination for an internet in 2084.
Xy93N.jpg

:D

There should be better AI scripts for huge kingdoms like HRE. Right now the AI is simply parading around their kingdom gathering troops and causing attrition on them, while the enemies are simply taking their lands. Once they almost made it to the attacker, the war is over. Ow... well. Can it be more retarded? The answer is... well, ok, the answer is yes I guess. But they should still improve it imo.

More plots, I want to be able to back the lowering of crown authority in another country or to encourage another realms courtiers to do something.

I'd also like to educate or marry my heir even when he's got a landed title.

Filters added to the betrothal/marriage screen

For me the #1 improvement is a better interface for raising and combining troops at the start of a war. I'm thinking about things like rally points, keyboard shortcuts for raising levies in a province, buttons to raise all levies in a certain duchy/kingdom & a quick way to put all available men onboard ship (one which works with multiple armies in multiple provinces selected).

I have to second the above.

But for me, #1 would be improving the AI, so that routed armies can no longer reform as quickly as they do now. Maybe make them retreat to the home province?

The thing about CK2 that really gets on my nerves is the Allies tab of your character not giving a damn clue about why you won't be able to force a call to arms on a certain ally. I'd like the tab to show also the reason why I can't, and the date when I'll be able to call him again.

A search field in the Ledger Window would also be nice.

so since the devs have more or less already rolled out 1.06 or at least set it for release isn't it time to start the 1.07 wishlist instead of posting wishes on something thats already been decided???

Sorry not tryin to be a troll or anything just thought I would ask why :)

Well the way I see it people just ask for features they would like to see into the game regardless of the title of the thread.

If those features are indeed good ideas but don't get into the game as of 1.06 they'll hopefully do it in a latter patch :)

a search system in characters liek the matchmaking tool. i want to easly filter every women between 16-20 with gnius or quick and sort on stewardship without goign through the hassle of alt tabbing ect.

Well the way I see it people just ask for features they would like to see into the game regardless of the title of the thread.

If those features are indeed good ideas but don't get into the game as of 1.06 they'll hopefully do it in a latter patch :)

True enough I suppose :) Had to ask the question though