• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The launcher worked for me. You clicked on "Check for updates" and it said ... what?

"This version does not need to be updated", which is funny since it is an unmodified version of Chronicles that's at the default v5.0 with correct checksum, ha.
At least there is a direct link, though hopefully having to result in that won't screw things in the future (though, I do have the correct checksum with it, BJLT)

My game is working fine but for no reason I can estimate my checksum changed from TILT to BJLT. Sup wit dat?

My game is working fine but for no reason I can estimate my checksum changed from TILT to BJLT. Sup wit dat?

That is the correct checksum for this patch, you're fine. Just note that Paradox Connect does not recognize this patch as the official one yet.

The launcher says "There are no new updates available" for me as well...I really want this patch!

Here is the direct link to the patch for us folks who are having launcher issues. Register your game first or else it won't let you view the thread or download it. I won't say anything but look at my signature. ;) Not that I'm accusing you of anything, ha.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?392267-All-EU3-PATCHES-and-REFERENCE-EU3-checksums-and-datestamps&p=11902377&viewfull=1#post11902377

That is the correct checksum for this patch, you're fine. Just note that Paradox Connect does not recognize this patch as the official one yet.

Oh, now it's YILT. It changes when I resign and back out to the main menu.

The patch is great, but I have not been able to log into Paradox Online In-game. Is this a know issue? How do you fix it?

The patch is not activated on Paradox Connect yet.

I cannot get a right checksum. I have reinstalled EU3 in the following order: EU3 -> Expansion Pack (NA with IN 3.1 from Cenega Poland) -> HttT -> DW -> Spritepacks -> Patch 5.1 -> clear cache folder, but I keep getting checksum EPXX. What's wrong with it? Should I patch IN or HttT before installing the next expansion?

I cannot get a right checksum. I have reinstalled EU3 in the following order: EU3 -> Expansion Pack (NA with IN 3.1 from Cenega Poland) -> HttT -> DW -> Spritepacks -> Patch 5.1 -> clear cache folder, but I keep getting checksum EPXX. What's wrong with it? Should I patch IN or HttT before installing the next expansion?
Don't patch during the installation. Delete all the game folders before reinstalling and verify the checksum after each step.

Like I said, copy the game folder from a fresh install (make sure you delete the entire game directory folder after uninstalling) and paste it on the desktop.

Apply the patch to the desktop version by changing the install path. Working fine, checksum TILT.

Everyone should be completely used to Steam taking their time to get around to updates.

Yes yes, did all that. Didn't work. But after reinstalling I ran the game once through Steam and then the installer detected it. Wee

Well then this seems like a huge oversight from Paradox. I don't see why you shouldn't be allowed to install a patch because the install simply can't find a directory, god knows there can be problems with windows directories and whatnot...

Maybe it's some anti-piracy thingie? Victoria 2 had the same with 1.3. Luckily 1.4 beta came along with nice extractable .rars :)

Don't patch during the installation. Delete all the game folders before reinstalling and verify the checksum after each step.
OK, I spotted the problem. After the installation of the "Gold Expansion Pack" I have FNMM, which is wrong. What can I do instead of buying NA and IN again by GamersGate?

Last edited:
OK, I spotted the problem. After the installation of the "Gold Expansion Pack" I have FNMM, which is wrong. What can I do instead of buying NA and IN again by GamersGate?
...You registered all the expansions, why rebuy them ?... Have you a wrong checksum when you install HttT ?
I suggest you continue this discussion in the Tech Support, because it can clearly no more be considered as a 5.1 question. Thanks :)

Not working for me. 'Could not find "Divine wind" installed'

Gah, I hope Steam + Paradox works for once :D Victoria 2 is still 1.2 on Steam...

Do you have the OLD vic DLC? If so that changes something in the registry of v2 and steam does not recognise the game to patch from 1.2 to 1.3 - you need to manually remove the OLD vic files and then install the 1.3 patch outside of steam.

My check sum is also BJLT. When I move an army on a new game, the arrow indicating the path goes to the South Pacific before going to the designated province. Do I need to delete the map cache or something like that?

Sounds very much like a map cache issue. Go to your EUIII/map/cache folder and delete all contents of this folder.

Thanks, this worked, but I had to click on compatibility files in Windows 7 before deleting the map cache files.

That's one big & great patch and I'm glad of the "new" policy of public beta testing the patches. It feels like they've improved much from before when they didn't have public beta testing.

On another note, are there any rumours about another patch or expansion or is this it? Hope not! :)

I fired up EU3 w/o patch just for fun... Man, that's another game and it's cool to see how much a game can develop during 4 years. Thanks!