• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
nice map editor it needs snow, cannot cover mountain tops ) and bad thing is that you can build only Hanza style city (Hanzestad) .you cannot build a city with available buildings and call it Rome or San Francisco ) ) the tool to create our own buildings,vehicles... is badly needed.That tool would keep me busy for very, very long time

I'm curious to know, why is it that I can step up tram lines, metro's, bus stops and the like from within the editor, is there a point to them beyond aiding the player with a step up route?

I'm guessing it is so you can create a scenario. You create a map with a background information and then give them a goal or objective.
For example, in the campaign you start out with Berlin that has some bus lines, some tram lines, and some metro lines. These lines have been broken by the establishment of the Berlin Wall. Now you have to fix these routes and change the trackage. Thats just one example.

you can do that... by starting a map... making the lines and make a save. it will then have the pre-set routes and stuff and play it from there as a scenario

about the demonstrations: it is possible to make use of them as i did in my map

http://img703.imageshack.us/i/stadion1v.jpg/

I am an old school fan of TTD and am thrilled that I now have CIM!
At the moment I am playing with the editor but am unable to find how to make parking spaces for cars!
It´s driving me crazy because I know it´s there...

And could somebody tell me where the street lights are located?

I found them once but can't seem to find them again.

Thanks,

trying to make map 2180-2180 ,minimap doesnt show hills, mountains only water and land on the map itself you can see only very smaal part of the map please make full zoom out for map editor so i can see total picture of my map

Last edited:
Thanks, found them.

Funny, all the stop lights, and street signs, taxi stands etc and vehicles just ignore them anyway. I guess it's all about window dressing.

Has anybody seen placeable vehicles in the editor?
I've built a construction site but it looks awful bare with no vehicles to place in the yard. (Vehicles as in cars, and trucks. I've got the escavator placed in the yard already).

Also, does anybody know if there are animated fence gates that would open and close to let vehicles into the yard?

Thanks,

I try to place an office building in a rather gentle slope but for some reason the huge grey foundation under it keeps on appearing under it. I have tried to lower the terrain to put the building in a "pit" so to say... I would rather have some slopes on my map to make it more interesting...

I can't get my roads to connect over slopes without a great deal of effort and compromise on layout. I want to terraform first, then build the city around the lay of the land, but it doesn't work.

Bridges have problems going over ravines.

As Svenne mentioned, large buildings' foundations stick out unattractively, and roads can't be attached to them.

Also the buttons used for terraforming are very cumbersome. I'd like to hold LMB to raise continuously, hold RMB to lower. That way I can move around and paint organic swaths of land and water.

And I'd really love to walk/drive around on the ground some. I mean, city design is all about how people experience it. So why not have a personal view?

Last edited:
Hello again,

I'm finding most things that I'm looking for (that the game contains anyway) in the editor, but am wondering if...

1. Are there static placeable cars and or trucks in the editor (so that I can place them in areas like construction yards, and in front of some of the houses as like abandoned vehicles)

2. Are there any real 'flowers' in the editor? I've seen the flower boxes with the green shrubberies in it, but I'm looking for some colorful flowers to make some areas of the map look really nice (and, well... colorful), but I'm just not seeing any flowers that are just different colored flowers in the editor, but theres so much stuff, maybe I'm overlooking it.

3. Are there any placeable swimming pools in the editor? They may not be as abundant in Berlin and Vienna and Amsterdam as they are in the Southern California deserts, but I'd love to place an occasional swimming pool behind some villas when I build the backyards to the villas that I place.

4. Just to make sure that I don't go to a lot of work and mess up my map at the same time... Stop signs are purely eye candy right? Same with the stop lights right?

5. Is there any way to control the paths of the rogue boats that appear on bodies of water?
I am trying to carefully place boats down in bays and what not, but then along come rogue boats, tugs, etc when I play the map and they just seem to go where ever they like, more times than not they run over any boats that I place in the bodies of water for atmosphere.

1-3: Not as far as I have seen. I'm still concentrating on the layout of roads and houses at the moment. The window dressing of plants etc will come later, but there aren't, no. Trees work quite nicely though. And many of hte houses come with "ready-made" gardens.
4: Alas they are purely decorative yes. A pity as one-way roads would be good and also the traffic lights actually having an effect on the traffic.
5: Nope, no help there either!