• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Zehel

Private
29 Badges
Aug 18, 2010
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
Hi all,

sorry if this has been asked before, but the search feature of the forums seems to be disabled. I'd like to play VicII in windowed mode, so I went to the settings file in the main folder and edited the full screen line so it now appears like this:

fullScreen=no

I run the game, and it's still full screen. What am I doing wrong?

Forget the settings file in patch 1.2. It automatically resets upon game start. Change it in-game in the options menu. The biggest problem for me is that you can no longer use 1440x900 resolution. Windowed mode is pretty worthless as you can't get a good resolution.

Please Paradox release a hotfix. Let us manually edit the settings file again!!!

Forget the settings file in patch 1.2. It automatically resets upon game start. Change it in-game in the options menu. The biggest problem for me is that you can no longer use 1440x900 resolution. Windowed mode is pretty worthless as you can't get a good resolution.

Please Paradox release a hotfix. Let us manually edit the settings file again!!!

Problem is, I don't see any setting for windowed mode in the options menu, there is nothing for this at all. I am using patch 1.2 of course.. any idea?

Problem is, I don't see any setting for windowed mode in the options menu, there is nothing for this at all. I am using patch 1.2 of course.. any idea?

Hmm, my game automatically started in windowed mode but not in the usual 1440x900 res. Manually changing the resolution only lead to automatic reset. However when I changed res. in-game it stayed at that setting. Can't help you with the windowed mode. Did you have windowed before patching to 1.2?
Maybe that's the answer. I already had the game set to windowed in patch 1.1.

as in all games using the clausewitz engine you can simply change the mode in the settings.txt. just replace
Code:
fullscreen=yes
with
Code:
fullscreen=no
and then adjust the resolution in the game menu.

For me putting it in windowed mode works fine, but changing the resolution in the settings file doesn't work. If I change it in the options menu though it's fine.

Have you tried running notepad as admin?

as in all games using the clausewitz engine you can simply change the mode in the settings.txt. just replace
Code:
fullscreen=yes
with
Code:
fullscreen=no
and then adjust the resolution in the game menu.

I do this, but the game still runs fullscreen. If i change the in game resolution and restart, it still starts as fullscreen adapting to that resolution. It's like it is not reading the "fullscreen=no" setting. I am editing the file in notepad with admin rights.

if you install the game into the default directory under vista/7 some files are dupicated into the virtual store since the programm files are protected. if you now change the files sometimes nothing happens because the game uses the files from the virtual store.

if you install the game into the default directory under vista/7 some files are dupicated into the virtual store since the programm files are protected. if you now change the files sometimes nothing happens because the game uses the files from the virtual store.

yep i was wrong, i found the other settings.txt through the virtual store and the change to window mode worked.