• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
To Guangxi!!!

April 20th, 1939
Battle report from field HQ to Ulan Bator where the atmosphere is one of a party due to capture of Kunming.

Chimid (Chief of Staff): Our forces has been pushing west from Qujing since the fall of Kunming!

Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): How is Chinese resistance?

Chimid (Chief of Staff): There are swarms of them! We’re tactically superior of course! Our Mongol forces lead by ME is the spearhead where we’re always surrounded by Chiang’s army outnumber 4 to 1. We’re going for Guangxi’s capital of Guilin next but we have stretch ourselves too far. Chinese elements attacked our rear-guard so we have to abandoned our attack on Guilin and fall back to defend Guiyang which is also a value target.
125kaili.jpg

Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): What can you do to advance?

Chimid (Chief of Staff): To get an alternative route to Guilin, we probably need to attack towards southeast to prevent facing head-on against Chiang’s army.

May 9th, 1939
Back in the western front…
Lt. Gen. Demchegdongrov (Commander of Mongol 4th Korpus): Chiang’s army trapped in Yunnan is giving us a lesson on butchering humans with themselves as test subjects!
126yunnanpocket.jpg

Chimid (Chief of Staff): Put that 90,000 men to sleep permanently!

May 14th, 1939
Back to Mao’s stronghold ruins…

127maoarea.jpg

Chimid (Chief of Staff): Grabbed whatever territory we can before the Japanese gets to it! We need all the land buffer we could get to protect our China gains.

April 18th, 1939
The Mongolian army swing southward into Guangxi’s province of Liuzhou triggering the decision of Chiang to takeover the Guangxi warlord state just like all before previously!

128endofguangxi.jpg

Chimid (Chief of Staff): Before we can attack forward to Guilin, we need to destroy the mountaineers that is camping in Bose! Those were the ones who killed 5000 of our men! And they could do some dangerous rear attack if we do not finish them off!

Choybalsan (Intel): Intelligence shows the mountain divisions are down to three from four divisions as Soviet bombers have taken one quarter of them out!

Chimid (Chief of Staff): Yes, they are saving the rest for us! We shall encircle them by racing down to the sea thus cutting them off!

Choybalsan (Intel): Japanese forces have gotten close to Guangzhou which is our southern prize! Time is not on our side. To the sea!! THE SEA!!

Ooh, a rush for Guangzhou should be fun. That's probably the single most valuable province south of Nanking. Go go go!

Guonzhou must be yours!
Or japs get a lot of ic!

Myth said:
Ooh, a rush for Guangzhou should be fun. That's probably the single most valuable province south of Nanking. Go go go!

Definitely going for it but the Japanese is creeping much faster along the coast. Lotsa Chinese army stacks just sitting and walking around the mountains. Advance with smaller army, the AI will counter-attack. Tough but still the primary southern objective!

Chief Savage Ma said:
A shame you didn't get Ya'nan. That would have made a very nice defensive position against the Japanese in that area. Still, impressive work.

Thought of stealing it from the Japs who drove out Mao with probably two dozens divisions but my militia unit couldn't run that fast despite on turbocharge :(

demokratickid said:
You're within reaching distance!!!!!!! Good show, sir!
Thanks, in any wargame, the spirit of Khan is in all of us :rolleyes:

The smell of the sea...

May 26th, 1939
Back in Ulan Bator, Mongolia attained a new era of technological capability!

Lhumbe (Armaments): We proudly announce another development breakthrough in our industry technology with the discovery of Improved Machine Tools! With the expanding industrial resources from the new Mongol empire, we can now have two research teams working in parallel! We shall work next on improving our infantry weaponry and capability! Former Sinkiang warlord Sheng Shicai shall be tasked to lead in this effort. Our second research team shall take on modern agriculture to improve the wellbeing of out citizens to make them able-bodied men to fight for the army!

129twotechs.jpg

Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): Good plan! Sheng Shicai, if you complete this well, I’ll make you governer of Sinkiang, free from prison!

Sheng Shicai (Former Sinkiang warlord): I’m more than happy to serve… a winning team especially!

Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): These blueprints from Uncle Joe should assist you! We need to ensure our infantry are always up to date!

June 11th, 1939
The hooves of Lt. Gen Choibalsan’s horses hit the beaches of South China Sea.

130bosetrap.jpg

Lt. Gen Choibalsan (Commander of Keshik Korpus): General, we have hit the coast! And captured the first naval base! The first for Mongolian in 600 plus years!

Chimid (Chief of Staff): Brilliant! You have also trapped 5 enemy divisions in the process including the three hated mountain divisions from Qujing!

Dagva (Minister of Security/Chief of Army): I’m thirsting for their blood!

Lt. Gen Choibalsan (Commander of Keshik Korpus): Rushing on to Maoming towards Guangzhou to see what’s going on there! The city has fallen to Japanese hands! But it seems to have been isolated by the Chinese.

Chimid (Chief of Staff): Go now and check out Guangzhou while we shall ‘take good care’ of the trapped Chinese divisions here.

Mongols drool on their first capture of the Zhanjiang Naval Base... especially Mongolia's Navy Chief. Who else??! :rofl:

132navalbase.jpg

Chimid (Chief of Staff): Splendid! We capture the base intact. :)

Pyrselov (Chief of Navy): Hey, Finally I am relevant!! YAHOOO!! I love my first day at job! Let’s see, where do I start off, alrighttt! Where are my destroyers, my battleships!!! We shall rule the seven seas! :D

Choybalsan (Intel): Err… we have no ships… even boats if that matters… :eek:o

Chimid (Chief of Staff): Well, that is some improvement that we need, don’t we? There are no operational naval ships at port, probably Chiang doesn’t know how to run his Navy! We have some defunct ships waiting to be scrap at the base though.

Pyrselov (Chief of Navy): Oh shiiiitttt!! There goes my Khan-inspired sea conquest! You army boys get all the fun! :(

Chimid (Chief of Staff): You will not lack of fun for sure, as we or should I say YOU got to take on the Imperial Japanese Navy sooner or later one day and you shall be da man of the hour!!! :p

The strategic status of China is discussed with Ulan Bator.

131chinastrategic.jpg

Chimid (Chief of Staff): Guangzhou has fallen to the Japanese but looks like the Chinese army manage to cut off the Japanese forces there and the invaders has been mostly destroyed based on our Keshik recon report. Guilin, Guangxi capital will be in our hands shortly.

Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): If Chiang manage to re-capture Guangzhou which I hope happens, we can take it from them.

Chimid (Chief of Staff): From the latest development, majority of Japanese forces is still held back behind central Yangtze. However, they have advance along the coast all the way to Guangzhou. The marked provinces on the map are secondary objectives which now risk falling into Japanese hands. Those are the last of Chiang’s war industry and source of army draftees! We too need as many of these cities for our own army recruitment!

Hopefully the Chinese will hand Guangzhou from the Japanese over to you. It would certainly help a lot.

Towards Guangzhou!!

June 16th, 1939
In Europe, the Hitler-wannabe tread on Stalin's toes...
Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): I don’t like Mussolini. First of all, he is a failed Hitler copy-cat. Secondly, now he try to piss off Stalin.

133rome.jpg

Chimid (Chief of Staff): We may be needed to storm Rome some time in the future if Mussolini doesn’t change!

June 29th-July 1st, 1939
Chimid (Chief of Staff): Boys, the pathetic soldier of Chiang are all yours! All 50,000 of them!

Dagva (Minister of Security/Chief of Army): The three divisions of Qujing mountaineers are still hiding in the Bose mountain ranges. Two other Chinese divisions who descend to Qinzhou will be casualties too! Warriors of Khan..… assault!!!

As the Mongol army assault the beleaguered mountaineers, four Soviets bomber air-wings pounded them from above. Absolutely no mercy. For 5,000 Mongolian dead in the battle of Qujing all 40,000 mountain infantry men who were responsible for it were wiped off completely. Annihilation is total. The way of the Mongol.

134qujingrevenge.jpg

Dagva (Minister of Security/Chief of Army): You fight, we kill you! You surrender, we kill you! You lie down helplessly injured, we kill you too! We only don’t kill you if you’re already dead!

July 9th, 1939
Chimid (Chief of Staff): The island of Hainan shall be ours, an important naval and air-base site!

Gen. Luvsan (Commander of Mongol 2nd Armija): Oh yes, our first amphibious assault! The Japanese vessels off-shore is peeved that we’re taking on such an important military base! It is ours!

135hainan.jpg

The Chinese Hainan garrison that is cut-off, has no chance against Gen. Luvsan's army backed by artillery!

Chimid (Chief of Staff): We have captured all lands to the south of Pearl River! Guangzhou is across the other bank. I see that Chiang has taken it so it is ours to take but there will be some difficulty assaulting across a big river. We need to beef up our defense on our side since our troops were used in the Bose assault earlier and were left undefended.

July 17th, 1939
Chimid (Chief of Staff): We have mustered enough firepower to take on Guilin! We shall attack without delay. To take on Guangzhou, we need some key element of the our army to attack along the northern bank of Pearl River through Wuzhou since attacking across from southern bank of Pearl River is going to be costly!
136guilin2.jpg

Aug 2nd, 1939
Further north closer to Yangtze…

Chimid (Chief of Staff): We have advance to Zunyi and find that Chiang’s capital Huaihua is undefended! Haha, flee before us! :)

137huaihuacharge.jpg

Maj. Gen Irgel (Commander of 5th Mongol People’s Div): Head-on charge to glory! Let’s see where Chiang will shift his capital next!

Choybalsan (Intel): The Japanese has breached the Yangtze taking central Yangtze from Chiang and all the key locations. If we could get Huaihua, at least we get a piece of the shrinking pie! :eek:

Aug 4th, 1939
Maj. Gen Irgel (Commander of 5th Mongol People’s Div): Oopss!! We almost smack our faces to some Japanese garrison! They have reached Huaihua first! :mad:

138huaihualost.jpg

Dagva (Minister of Security/Chief of Army): Now they shift their capital to Guilin which we’re assaulting. Great!

Chimid (Chief of Staff): Guilin is the immediate objective and Guangzhou the major objective. Strive for these two! The Guangzhou Chinese garrison has been beaten off and our Soviet brothers are going straight for it! Yeahhh!! We’re need to rush our faster calvary to aid them as well!

Lt. Gen. Choibalsan (Commander of Keshik Korpus): Right away!!! Our horses shall swim across the river to Guangzhou to take it before Japanese do it again!

Mongol horses won't swim. :rofl:
They are afraid of too much water. :p

Shame, you got so few provinces.
Chiang surrenders within few days... and the remaining land goes to japs... unless they use some evil event which gives all the land to a pro-japan government...

By the will of Khans, the horses shall swim across, there aint no pootoon bridges long enough across the Pearl River from the arsenal of 1918 calvary division :)
Something MAJOR HAPPEN! MAJOR! Gonna update later today!!

Guangzhou... and a twist of fate!

GUANGZHOU, HERE WE COME!

139pearlriverposter.jpg

Lt. Gen. Choibalsan (Commander of Keshik Korpus): Ride my fellow soldiers! Our prize is just across the other side!

Aug 11th, 1939
Lt. Gen. Choibalsan (Commander of Keshik Korpus): Our horses reached Guangzhou but is coming under more than a 120,000 men attack from Chiang’s army! The incompetent Japanese did not destroy them sufficiently!

140guangzhoucapture.jpg

Chimid (Chief of Staff): Looks like the Japs are leaving all the job to us! We haven’t secure Guilin yet but Japanese are knocking on Guangzhou’s door! Our speedy troops need to re-capture Guangzhou from Chinese the next round as for sure it looks like we’re gonna lose it!

Aug 12th, 1939
A few hundred miles north...
Lt. Gen. Duudei (Commander of Mongol 4th Korpus): We captured Guilin but is under heavy fire from approximately 10 Chinese divisions!

141guilincapture.jpg

Chimid (Chief of Staff): We captured both key objectives Guilin and Guangzhou in the past week but holding them is a different story! We looks like we gonna lose them both the next week!

Dagva (Minister of Security/Chief of Army): We only need to continue applying the pressure on Chinese army as they get get pinched between us and Japanese. They will wear down to nothing and both cities shall be ours.

Choybalsan (Intel): As long we ensure we raced to the target after the departure or destruction of Chinese forces before Japanese gets to them first!

Aug 13th, 1939
A border incident occured between Japanese and Mongolian-Soviet forces near Nomonhan village.
The Japanese attacked a group of Mongolian calvary unit who were at a disputed land for grazing area for their horses...

142nomonhan.jpg

Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): The Japanese violated Mongolian territory and paid for it! Hah! Japanese is stepping on both ours and Stalin’s toe in this kind of border incidents! Our patience have limits!

Chimid (Chief of Staff): We gotta be prepared for any eventualities!

Choybalsan (Intel): The war with Japanese is only a question on when. Stalin don’t like them, we hated them and even our enemies the Chinese loathes them!

Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): Be prepared for any declaration of war, men! The incident is enough for a pretext for a larger war with Japan. And I will expect Stalin to be giving his full support for this Japanese incursion!

Aug 13th, 1939
Oh, dammit!!!
Chimid (Chief of Staff): Guangzhou is again in Chiang’s hands! Assault them! Even the Japanese is attacking from the other side!

143attguangzhou.jpg

Choybalsan (Intel): Look, Sir! The Japanese is indirectly heeding your command!

Chimid (Chief of Staff): Yes, I was also wondering what’s going on! I have only two divisions but somehow got 5 divisions following my command! Wow, it means Japan looks up at me! Hahaha!! We got to claim Guangzhou before they do!

Less than 24 hours later on Aug 14th, 1939, the unspeakable happen…

Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): Oh no! Chiang capitulated to the Japanese! And turn over all of his China holdings to them! What cowardice! They have not fought to the last man yet! Shame on Chiang, he rather be a puppet to the Japanese!

144fallofdragon.jpg

Amar (Head of State): And why to the Japanese and not us?! We control more than half of China! This is unacceptable!

Chimid (Chief of Staff): Holy Khan! We lost Guangzhou to the Japanese since it was under Chinese hands! And to thought of it, we only lost it by less than a day! A COUPLE OF HOURS!!

Choybalsan (Intel): And Guangzhou control was given to Japanese! This is all just unbelievable!

Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!! AN UTTERMOST OUTRAGE!!!!

On the very same hour, an enraged phonecall is made to Tokyo from Ulan Bator…

Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): You Japanese scum have none of our tolerance no more!:mad:

Okada (Japan Head of Gov): What’s your problemo? :confused:

Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): Chiang should have surrendered to us, not to you! China belongs to Mongol just like the old golden days!!

Okada (Japan Head of Gov): That’s not what Mr Chiang Kai Shek wants. He choose to give his China to us. And obviously we accept! Live with it, barbarian! Go back to the backward steppes where you came from to tend to your goats!

Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): THIS IS WAR!!!! :mad::mad::mad:

145japanwar.jpg

Okada (Japan Head of Gov): You Mongols??! You aren't Genghis you know!

Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): Oh, you’re wrong! He is always in every Mongol warrior!! FACE OUR WRATH!!

WITH THIS, JAPAN, THE ETERNAL ENEMIES OF MONGOLIA AND SOVIETS BEGINS!! A NEW CHAPTER FOR THE WAR IN ASIA!

Death or glory!
Or unconditional surrender or full IC takeover!

Yes, glory it shall be! David has declared war on Goliath! Mongolia seeks the unconditional surrender of Japan. Japan shall be puppeted leaving just Tokyo with everything else annexed! No full IC takeover here, Mongolia with IC of ~30 will need to crush Japan that 5x more industrial prowness! DO or DIE!! :D