• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Dron22

Colonel
17 Badges
Jan 15, 2009
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • March of the Eagles
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
Playing as USA I have I have a problem with keeping bureaucrats at 100% in California and a couple of other states I took from Mexico. For example in California when I get the bureaucrats there to 100%, in 2 years it will be down to 80% every time. I have administration at 100% and have not been passing any social reforms lately. Californian provinces are all my cores and most of them have a good portion of Yankees. When acquired Alaska and granted it statehood I did not have any problems there.
So what is happening to my bureaucrats in California?

They are all becoming gold miners?

They are all becoming gold miners?

I don't know, but it happens in other states like New Mexico and Arizona. At first I thought this may have something to do with the fact that the majority of POP's in those states are not of Yankee or other accepted culture. In most provinces, Mexicans are still at least 50% of the population.

Maybe Mexican Crats are assimilating and that drops the ratio? This really is a question you are easier able to answer yourself by investigating specific POPs and watching what they demote/promote into and why.

Playing as USA I have I have a problem with keeping bureaucrats at 100% in California and a couple of other states I took from Mexico. For example in California when I get the bureaucrats there to 100%, in 2 years it will be down to 80% every time. I have administration at 100% and have not been passing any social reforms lately. Californian provinces are all my cores and most of them have a good portion of Yankees. When acquired Alaska and granted it statehood I did not have any problems there.
So what is happening to my bureaucrats in California?
Non-accepted pops don't do anything anyway so it isn't so bad that they are assimilating

Maybe Mexican Crats are assimilating and that drops the ratio? This really is a question you are easier able to answer yourself by investigating specific POPs and watching what they demote/promote into and why.

As far as I know, non-accepted culture bureaucrats do not count for administration % in the state, although listed in the population. Before I used national focus it was 30% in California, so I am pretty sure those are all Yankee culture bureaucrats. Does it make any difference here if my ruling party has Full Citizenship or not?

I have the exact opposite problem.

In my current Poland-Lithuanian Commonwealth game, my bureaucracy is utterly and completely bloated (over 10% bureaucrats).
I don't know why.

I have the exact opposite problem.

In my current Poland-Lithuanian Commonwealth game, my bureaucracy is utterly and completely bloated (over 10% bureaucrats).
I don't know why.
How did you start as the PLC?