• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Kljunas

Field Marshal
48 Badges
Jan 27, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Penumbra - Black Plague
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Prison Architect
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Cities: Skylines
I was just checking the list of CK2 depots on Steamdb to see if there were any hints about the next DLC, and, in addition to the mysterious "Songs of Arabia", there's this thing called "Sons of Abraham" which seems to have been added three days ago...

I'm pretty hyped right now.

Abraham is not only connected with Judaism.
Abrahamic religions anyone? :)
Sons of Abraham would mean (hopefully) Judaism, Islam and Christianity.
Religion overhaul for those three....
Oh boy....:happy:

Abraham is not only connected with Judaism.
Abrahamic religions anyone? :)
Sons of Abraham would mean (hopefully) Judaism, Islam and Christianity.
Religion overhaul for those three....
Oh boy....:happy:

Yeah but if it wasnt Jewish it would be called Sons of Jesus or Muhammad. Each religion has their own primary prophet.

Well, there are six sons of Abraham, but Abraham was an important person in Judaism. Judaism was the first Abrahamic religion and from it came Christianity, and to some extent, Islam. Also, there are seven letters in both Abraham and Judaism and due to Abraham's big connection to Judaism this must be true: Abraham = Judaism. If we look at the title that way then we can call it Crusader Kings II: The Sons of Judaism. If we're thinking of sons as if it's a family, then this would mean that it's referring to religions that had Judaism as a base. If you look back at sentence two you can see that two of these six religions are Christianity and Islam, but what are the other four?

Well, there are six sons of Abraham, but Abraham was an important person in Judaism. Judaism was the first Abrahamic religion and from it came Christianity, and to some extent, Islam. Also, there are seven letters in both Abraham and Judaism and due to Abraham's big connection to Judaism this must be true: Abraham = Judaism. If we look at the title that way then we can call it Crusader Kings II: The Sons of Judaism. If we're thinking of sons as if it's a family, then this would mean that it's referring to religions that had Judaism as a base. If you look back at sentence two you can see that two of these six religions are Christianity and Islam, but what are the other four?

There's also Yazidi, Druze, Mandaean, Samaritan Religions that are Abrahamic and in the games time frame. Two are already implemented in game, Yazidi and Druze. So one could logically make the assumption it's a Heresy DLC as it is a Jewish one... Either way I'm excited for either or.

Yeah but if it wasnt Jewish it would be called Sons of Jesus or Muhammad. Each religion has their own primary prophet.

By the same logic you could say if it was just a Jewish DLC it would Sons of Moses or something other, But instead they decide to name is Song of Abraham that plays as a key figure in all three.

Well, it certainly seems to be some kind of religion DLC... presumably Judaism is now included in the game, and probably some Catholic (and maybe Muslim/Orthodox) improvements as well...

No one said that this (possible) DLC/Expansion is about a religion that has Abraham as it's "primary prophet". Abraham is prophet in all three religions.
Like I said, Sons of Abraham can be a good reference to three Abrahamic religions.

There's also Yazidi, Druze, Mandaean, Samaritan Religions that are Abrahamic and in the games time frame. Two are already implemented in game, Yazidi and Druze. So one could logically make the assumption it's a Heresy DLC as it is a Jewish one... Either way I'm excited for either or.

Thank you for the help, though I'm probably wrong as the way I looked at it was very convoluted.

I was just checking the list of CK2 depots on Steamdb to see if there were any hints about the next DLC, and, in addition to the mysterious "Songs of Arabia", there's this thing called "Sons of Abraham" which seems to have been added three days ago...

I'm pretty hyped right now.

Where exactly did you see this, I'm trying to find it for myself but I can't...

If this is made-up......You sir are a very bad person
very, very bad person