Crusader Kings II - 1.05g PATCH RELEASED - Checksum GUHH - NOT for problem reports!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
- Can no longer ask to join a war against a liege above your liege

Does this mean if I am a Count under a Duke and that Duke declares on the King, I can no longer join the King instead of my direct liege? Does this make sense?

I think that when you did this previously, it'd lock you into an unendable war. It appears rather than fix that bug, they just turned off the possibility of finding yourself in that situation.

OMG, some of you people whine like little girls... everything that is seriously game breaking has been fixed. 1.05f is stable enough: I haven't experienced any crashes with neither it, nor 1.05e. Besides, many crash fixes have been addressed and the likelihood of you experience a crash is reduced significantly.

The crash at certain date bug was most likely caused by the rare war name crash bug addressed in this patch. (Wars mostly appears the same time even if you back up a year, and even if you managed to get past it, it would appear later as wars do at times.)

Erm, I appear to have an issue, I didn't get the CK2 update dl'd automatically, is there a way I can find the download and install it myself?

Erm, I appear to have an issue, I didn't get the CK2 update dl'd automatically, is there a way I can find the download and install it myself?
Try restarting Steam; it'll usually make it recheck for updates.

Ive tried opening up ck2 on my mac, but the patch does not want to load off of steam. Works on the pc though.

same here. and ck2 is still loisted as only for pc on the steam store :(
This patch does NOT attempt to make the PC game playable on a Mac, as if that were even possible!
This is the Mac version release and compatibility patch
means that they are aligning the features of the PC version and the as-yet-unreleased-Mac version so that they can play together once the Mac version is released.

OMG THANKS FOR THE NEW SPEED! Obviously the preferred solution would have been to add a new speed setting, but if for some technical reason they could only have 5 settings, then what they did was really for the best. Do not go back on that change please!

...I keep waiting for a patch which is almost universally accepted as a good one and fixes bugs...
The last release of EU1 might meet the "almost universally accepted" criteria. You'll find someone complaining about virtually everything since (not excluding myself).

Could see speed being an issue for some people, especially multiplayers, but I don't care either way (just use fastest and pause when needed). And, with the possible exception of the Habraka's "succession law" issue (which I don't experience or even really understand), I don't see any game-breaking issues.

On the other hand, I do perceive enhancements, fixes, and improvements in 1.05f (and even 1.05e) that make it superior to 1.05c. So I see zero reason to stay behind the times. Are there still issues? I'm sure there are. Do the translate into a poor gaming experience or one worse than prior versions? I think not. In general , waiting for the perfect means missing out on a lot of the good.

I'm absolutely amazed at how many people play the game at slow speeds. And confounded. For me, the only time I ever play at anything other than the fastest 2 speeds (and usually just the fastest) or paused is when I'm trying to time battles perfectly (read: being very gamey with the AI).

I'm absolutely amazed at how many people play the game at slow speeds. And confounded. For me, the only time I ever play at anything other than the fastest 2 speeds (and usually just the fastest) or paused is when I'm trying to time battles perfectly (read: being very gamey with the AI).

Im absolutely amazed how people care that much about other peoples playing style.

Does it really makes a difference when you press 2 or 3 times on the bar to raise the speed? I don't think so. I see no point in removing the speed 1 option completly. As far as I can remember there wasn't even a single complain about it in the forums.

So, I'm still waiting for a statement from the Devs.

Im absolutely amazed how people care that much about other peoples playing style.

Does it really makes a difference when you press 2 or 3 times on the bar to raise the speed? I don't think so. I see no point in removing the speed 1 option completly. As far as I can remember there wasn't even a single complain about it in the forums.

So, I'm still waiting for a statement from the Devs.

Since EU2, there are 2 kind of players of P'Dox games :

Those such as me, who care for the buidling, managing, expension, economic ... parts (let say all that is not remotely related to real time warlike (such as Age of Empire and every sions of it)

and people who consider all shall be like Age of Empire (but better), playing with a frenzy of the mouse (or even asking to have P'Dox games on a consol).

Untill HOI2 (second expension), P'dox was only a company acting on a niche market (mostly for european people, with a university background);and by so the first category of players were the norma (let say was 95% of the customers). Fine but maybe not really financialy acceptable for the shareholders (who play only one game, namely the ABBA game : Money, Money, Money, it's a rich man world)

Then came Suzana, and the marketing team (HOI2 second expension or around that date), with plans to enter the North American market. To please that market , games should be let ambitious on the thinking part (let say, make a WC with a pagan african in EU2 was not possible unless you had more than 140 IQ, mean over 99.99% of the US population, that being the statistic for year 2001, when I passed mine while applying for a job in said US of northern america). So game have to be more fun, more attactive to a younger segment of the population (and obviously, even if you have 141 IQ, you might not go to university if you are 12 y old, because that is life, even Jesse Owens had to learn to walk first before to become the fastest man on a track).

So yes, games now privilegie automatic reaction instead of deep thinking, but commercialy it was needed. A customer like me will buy 2 games a year, and I still play EU2 ... so not that good for P'Dox employees.

Is it bad? Well, 2 things on that : 1) what I do like is not a rule, it is only my personal taste, and it is for sure very good when we do have choices. and 2) What is fun for me would be certainly utterly boring for a youngling, who is looking for entertainment, while I do look more in way to keep my brain able to desemboiled any problem it may face and provide optimum solution.

So yes, some love to play it fast, some others love to play it slow; as long as we are provided way to choose, it is simply fine and dandy (still I would love slower games, or more settings to choose for let 7 levels of speed instead of 5!).

The only possible reason I can see for wanting to keep the old lowest speed around is to provide an option for handicapped players. I can't imagine any able-bodied player not being able to react to anything with plenty of time to spare on the new lowest speed. But you know, it's nice to be able to give handicapped players options, you know? Maybe provide a .ini file so that players can go in and fiddle with the speeds themselves if they want?

Hmm, I've not played MP ever before, so my comments do not apply there.

Obviously, the best solution (if it were easy), would be to add more speeds. However, if that is not (easily) possible...

There have indeed been complaint threads across multiple Clauswitz games about speed 4 being too slow for many situations, but speed 5 (AFAIK, runs at absolute max your comp can put out) is waaay too fast (I fall into this category occasionally). Having a popup pause the game is not a catch all to fix this problem.

On the other hand, I don't see why people can not switch between pausing on the new speed 1 and unpausing. I also don't like to be rushed, and use this method already.