• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Foxbyte

Colonel
35 Badges
Nov 11, 2007
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sengoku
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Magicka
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • BATTLETECH
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
Run a search for 'conversation.txt' in your WFoS directory. Within this file, search for '45000'. It'll be the bottom-most option, looking like

Code:
360287970189639680 45000 NO_VOICEOVER

That 45000 is the cost of the permit. Change to whatever you like... but I get the feeling the permit is supposed to be 45000 and the dialogue is wrong. :)

Could you elaborate a bit, please... This is a fix for a) what the permit actually costs or b) what the guy selling it says?

Could you elaborate a bit, please... This is a fix for a) what the permit actually costs or b) what the guy selling it says?

A fix for the actual cost.

I suspect it's the actual cost for the permit, not a fix for the conversation.

Yup. But I suspect the permit is actually supposed to cost 45,000. Assuming it's the norm to abuse caravan mechanics to run spice/velvet between neighbouring forts for 50,000-plus profit a trip.

You can send them really close? I've been running them to Moscow and Estonia all the time, Doh!

Then again both velvet and spice seem to have disapered from all over the crimea so I can't even send one caravan anymore...

YEah it can often be hard to find a good velvet place.

YEah it can often be hard to find a good velvet place.

Found an awesome tip on the Taleworlds forum. This is quite likely what Foxbyte meant but here is the full exploit.

Buy 1 unit of velvet and spice. (from anywhere you can get it doesn't matter what you pay) and keep it in your inventory at all times
Find somewhere where velvet/spice is cheap even if they don't actually sell it.
Sell them the unit from your inventory.
Ask the mayor to get a caravan of velvet/spice. As you sold them the good the game now thinks they have it. This is the trick.
Buy your seed unit of velvet/spice back.
Take the caravan to your destanation city.
Profit!
Repeat!

There are random places that have very low demand for velvet/spice all around the map but don't 'produce' them. Often they are right next to somwhere that has normal demand. Thus you can run caravan routes to adjacent cities/forts that are only 20 secs away from each other using this trick. Having found your cheap city you can then run multiple short caravans to all the cities around it and quickly make a fortune.

Going to try it out myself soon, sounds like a ridiculous exploit though :) Then just have to stash a million in the bank and live off the monthly interest and not bother about trading again!

Edit: Just tried it myself, its clearly broken. Going Pskov to Navara, ie. about 10 seconds away with ctrl + space. I was buing at 40k and selling at 90k for a large caravan. You can make a million in about 5 mins. Then make another million. Then you can put a million in the bank giving you a monthly income of 140k to pay for troop costs, and spend the rest on pimping yourself out.

Last edited: