• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I only have cores on Slavonia, and I cannot beat Austria if she peace with Italy (they have 12 brigades I only have 10 in the war, I only have 300k pop at that time), so taking Vienna and peace ASAP is the safe play.

If A-H wasn't allied with a couple of GP (including France) maybe I can form yugoslavia with help from Russia and France (but the requirement is that I have to be a GP, which is hard with my current population), but currently, I better consolidate my gain and raise a larger army from the newly acquired Bosnia Region before stomping the Ottomans again. But anyway, I feel quite accomplished at this point. And I call it an "empire" :p

I checked, Slavonia only have 3 provinces.

Anyway I restarted the game from 1860s, and yes, Serbia ftw... I mean Yugoslavia (formed 1906)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

notes:
1. Brazil in West Africa
2. Britain in Hungary
3. Germany formed in 1930s as the aftermath of French aggression against Germany, which resulted in an alliance of Germany, UK, Belgium, Netherlands, Greece, Yugoslavia + other minor nations. I take a part of Africa from France which gave me a much needed 60 units of rubber production. All I did is fighting the naval war sinking 80 French ships and invaded Algeria.
4. Out of boredom and want to solve unemployment issues at home, I annexed Tunis during the war vs France
5. Peru toke Yemen
6. A long war in China was fought by the Chinese trying to retake Daming Region (they mobilized like what, 1900 brigades with 20 military techs?), which literally hurt the world economy for about a decade (edit: not century).
7. Yugoslavia has 9.28M pop, that is roughly 37M total population (higher than Spain!), literacy at 98%, tech fully researched. No.6 in GP thanks to having a hundred-dreadnought fleet (nothing to do with the money and to boost my Fuel industry a bit).
8. This guy literally won me wars

But I didn't fight much in the war against Austria, it was mostly NGF and Russia doing the job. Glad that they are happy to help.

Last edited:
I checked, Slavonia only have 3 provinces.

Anyway I restarted the game from 1860s, and yes, Serbia ftw... I mean Yugoslavia (formed 1906)

notes:
1. Brazil in West Africa
2. Britain in Hungary
3. Germany formed in 1930s as the aftermath of French aggression against Germany, which resulted in an alliance of Germany, UK, Belgium, Netherlands, Greece, Yugoslavia + other minor nations. I take a part of Africa from France which gave me a much needed 60 units of rubber production. All I did is fighting the naval war sinking 80 French ships and invaded Algeria.
4. Out of boredom and want to solve unemployment issues at home, I annexed Tunis during the war vs France
5. Peru toke Yemen
6. A long war in China was fought by the Chinese trying to retake Daming Region (they mobilized like what, 1900 brigades with 20 military techs?), which literally hurt the world economy for about a decade (edit: not century).
7. Yugoslavia has 9.28M pop, that is roughly 37M total population (higher than Spain!), literacy at 98%, tech fully researched. No.6 in GP thanks to having a hundred-dreadnought fleet (nothing to do with the money and to boost my Fuel industry a bit).
woaah that's awesome, makes me wanna play vic2 again and top that. :D

This is my first (Serious) game ever. I never really got the hang of it before and just tried as I went alone.
I have learned a lot, made some stupid mistakes but overall. I am happy with how it turned out.
Still need to learn more about industry, colonization and such.

This is all I have peeps...
762FAC18B01AB7FDC4BED50964C7DA4C37877A3F

30D3CDC4346254941B9DEDE9238E3835B8EFA1E1

Personally, I am happy I was able to do this and finish it.

Greece, 1840. Trying a new strategy. Egypt will be my next victim.
2012-06-18_00001-1kibWPX8.jpg

I declared war on Tripoli first. Then waited while the war against Tunis justified. THen landed my army in Tunis and marched it to southern Tripoli to occupy a couple of territories. You have to be quick on the spacebar though. As soon as all their territory is occupied, they will offer you and OE peace. You have to pause the game instantly when they offer peace, otherwise OE will peace out and you're out of luck. I then march my army out of Tripoli and finish the gig in Tunis.

Next steps (it is now 1841):
-Bring in my new ally Britain and retake Crete, allowing GB to take out Egypt's army
-Wait for the truce to go away, and use the protectorate CB to take all of the Levant and Sinai from Egypt
-See where that gets me
-Possibly use the protectorate CB against Algeriaf

I declared war on Tripoli first. Then waited while the war against Tunis justified. THen landed my army in Tunis and marched it to southern Tripoli to occupy a couple of territories. You have to be quick on the spacebar though. As soon as all their territory is occupied, they will offer you and OE peace. You have to pause the game instantly when they offer peace, otherwise OE will peace out and you're out of luck. I then march my army out of Tripoli and finish the gig in Tunis.

Next steps (it is now 1841):
-Bring in my new ally Britain and retake Crete, allowing GB to take out Egypt's army
-Wait for the truce to go away, and use the protectorate CB to take all of the Levant and Sinai from Egypt
-See where that gets me
-Possibly use the protectorate CB against Algeriaf

You can't annex algeria unless you wait for france to take a province first, since they have 2 regions IIRC. You also don't really need to fight Egypt for Crete. They delete their naval units, so you just send two units to occupy crete while fighting another war. After that, you blockade them for a couple of days and they usually surrender (especially if they're fighting with the ottos as well). I would not bring in the UK, because they usually add their own wargoals and ignore yours (and in this situation they'll prolly take suez and you don't want that to happen).

But definitely don't call them to fight the Ottos. Not only will they not fight (the uk never fights wars, they just blockade a little), but they will also take that province in the balkans that borders Russia and ignore your cores. And France will do the same thing as well (if they decide to pull you out of the british soi, they might ally themselves to you). Tested multiple times. Basically, you're on your own. It's doable, but you're gonna have to get lucky or cheat to dissolve their alliances (fighting the ottos is a bitch, but fighting the ottos AND russia is MUCH worse, trust me). You'll prolly get to gp status after the first war, but at that point it gets a little harder, because the ottos will almost definitely have an alliance by then.

Any ideas on how to generate some revenue? Before I begin the sh!tfest, I'd like to have a halfway decent economy. I've been NFing Clergymen like mad so far, but I'm thinking about researching another NF tech so I can NF Clergy and Capis or Clergy and Soldiers...