• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
GM AAR - Setup

This is the complete setup list:

Lemeard Seer Rival 2 Bereaved
Snoopdogg Priest Religious
Paendrag Guardian Angel Skittish
the_hdk Padre Blessed Can't Move On
Kriszo Sorcerer Leader Arrogant
Reis91 Wolf A Leader Can't Move On
Rendap Wolf A Brutal Can't Move On
Enhkuush Wolf A Spiritually Attuned Terrified
Falc Cultist A Hunter Roleblocker Religious
Boris ze Spider Wolf B Brutal Can't Move On
Mr. G Wolf B Hunter Religious
Kingepyon Wolf B Brutal Rival 1 Can't Move On
Taiisatai64 Cultist B Hunter Spy Can't Move On
Randakar Apprentice Self Defense Can't Move On
Walrus Apprentice Blessed Rival 4 Arrogant
Capt. Kiwi Apprentice Rival 2 Can't Move On
Suirantes Villager Blessed Rival 3 Arrogant
pevergreen Villager Blessed Terrified
Tamius23 Villager Spiritually Attuned Terrified
marty99 Villager Cursed Terrified
Trinitrotoluen Villager Hunter Skittish
Yakman Villager Spiritually Attuned Religious
Humancalculator Villager Rival 3 Bereaved
Esemesas Villager Cursed Rival 1 Can't Move On
EUROO7 Villager Self Defense Rival 4 Bereaved
Johho Villager Roleblocker Arrogant
Lord_D Villager Hunter Skittish
jonti-h Villager Leader Bereaved
Slinky Villager Cursed Brutal Bereaved
Najs Villager Brutal Can't Move On
jacob-Lundgren Villager Spy Terrified

I began by writing out the roles. I put in one seer, one priest, one guardian angel, one padre/confessor, one sorcerer, and two packs of three wolves and one cultist. Everyone else was a villager. This resulted in 29% baddies to start the game, which falls neatly in the middle of the 25-33% band that is usually suggested. At some point in the game it seemed that people were expecting more like 4 wolves 1 cultist or 3 wolves 2 cultists which with the sorcerer would have been 35.5% bad, too high a proportion IMO.

I then began allocating traits, starting by putting traits on the evil team that I thought would be useful. Originally they were symmetrical packs, but I ended up making them asymmetric. Chaos Pack had the advantage of a Leaderlynch, plus SA coupled with Roleblocker: this would be a potent combination if things went well, and powerful enough even without a great SA result. Taiisatai64 expressed his disdain for his "useless scanner trait" but Kingepyon saw how useful it could be: he was going to ask Tai to spy on his rival Ese later in the game rather than hunt him and risk something like hunting a Self Defense. I had actually considered a "Reconnaissance" trait that would scan for traits as opposed to role, but this seemed like railroading: if wolves think to spy on potential hunts to see if it's clear, that's one thing, giving them a specific trait to do so is going too far (opinions on this would be appreciated since Recce could be used by goodies as well to find hunters, roleblockers, etc to bolster their team). Returning to the topic at hand, Genestealer had the ability to inflict more kills with the two brutals and two hunters and the spy trait could have been extremely useful. Chaos pack's leaderlynch would help it survive, the SA might help it see scanners, and it could roleblock. So all things considered I think a fair mix. The sorcerer got a leaderlynch in order to protect himself or allies, or alternatively to obliterate a valuable target like the seer if he scanned one.

Once I had given the wolves their traits I began allocating others. I blessed the padre/confessor so that he didn't die on Night 0 at least, and would likely last a long time. I put in one villager leader, I'd have put in 2 but I was worried about how annoying the game would be if all four got used. I put in a villager spy so they had something to balance the evil one. Ditto for the roleblocker. I put in a brutal cursed villager, and I was doing mostly 2s so that meant another brutal, un-cursed in order to prevent predictability. 2 spiritually attuned villagers. After this I allocated rivals, and once that was done I noticed that only a few lacked some sort of trait, so I ended up throwing in an extra hunter, blessing, and curse IIRC. I have previously suggested having a "baroque" WW in which everyone had at least one trait but I didn't mean to implement one for risk of making a real mess when my main intention was to try the padre/confessor and some other things. Nonetheless I ended up with everyone having at least one (non-RP) trait, excluding goodie roles. Once I had the list I worried it was maybe too much, but then when I thought about removing traits it felt too barren. It worked out well IMHO, although it did make for a bloodier game than most (31 at game start, 9 days, 9 nights, 8 survivors, that's 2.5 kills per day/night cycle - pretty high when you consider there were 2 no-hunts!). When the list was complete I began allocating players to roles: I would use random.org to generate a number between 1-31, with numbers corresponding to sign-up. First I rolled 18, Lemeard, so he became the Seer in slot 1. I deleted #18 and generated a number between 1-30. And so on.

The traits definitely contributed to a quicker game than usual, as we had 5 extra deaths than 1 lynch 1 hunt per night would cause: 2 brutalization, 2 shootings (I am trying to avoid using the term "hunt" for the hunter role because it creates unnecessary ambiguity), 1 repulsion. However the 2 no hunts balance that slightly. There were also ties on Day 2 and 4 which meant 2 more additional deaths, for a total of 7. What also caused such a quick end was the total baddie wipeout.

Rivals. As people noticed before the game ended, I engaged in some shenanigans with the rivals. People had said a while back that putting a villager with a wolf was a bad idea, to which at least one person suggested a pairing like hunter villager - wolf. I saw several ways to have boundless fun. The first was wolf + cursed villager rival pair. The dull wolf hunts the cursed villager and makes his situation worse. But Kingepyon was too canny, and ruined my fun - I should have known he wouldn't walk into the trap, and put someone with less intellectual prowess in his slot. Oh well. Second was the seer-apprentice pair. If the latter kills the former, he's just pooched terribly. If the former kills the latter, he's just removed one of his potential successors. Better yet, said scanner might scan his rival in order to get an excuse to kill him - and then make a real mess for himself. Unfortunately Lemeard, too, ruined my fun - I don't know if he concluded that as he was going to kill Kiwi anyway, it didn't matter, or if he suspected the trap. There were other variations, like SD-Hunter rivals, so that if the hunter shoots the SD they both die. Obviously these are somewhat novelty value: I have now poisoned the well for a long time to come, as no longer will it be a given that rival = villager. It's now likely that rivals will view one another with a lot more wariness. The good news is that this does mean that nonstandard rival pairs are viable long-term: pairing a wolf with a cursed villager isn't setting up two trains facing one another on the same track, because people are suspicious. This allows delightful permutations like vanillager (neologism?) paired with wolf, and the wolf doesn't dare hunt the harmless rival. Other amusing propositions are wolf v. wolf, seer v. priest. It's just a thought for anyone who likes the idea.

To RP traits again, I had seven types:

Terrified. This RP trait meant the player would predict his own death loudly and frequently, to appear certain that he was going to get hunted, or lynched, or shot, or brutalized, et cetera.
Arrogant. Basically the opposite of terrified: insist that you were going to win, because you were a genius.
Skittish. The aforementioned troublesome one (TNT had a reasonable objection, so I gave him a unique one "verbose" which meant he had to reiterate himself as much as possible) which required one to act indecisive about placing votes.
Bereaved. Pick a player, or several players, and lament their death. This was inspired by the way many longtime players really do express their unhappiness when a friend is killed in the game.
Religious. Yakman. Yakman to a T, and I admire the way he used it. Strong faith in the God-Emperor, constantly referring to him.
Can't Move On. This was my favorite, and also the most common, issued to pretty much everyone who was in Lite CCXXIII. You had to reference the events on Saumarez. Along with religious this was the only one I really liked. The callbacks to CCXXIII were nice, I enjoyed the immensely.

Allocation for RP traits wasn't random. I put virtually all the CCXXIII veterans into Can't Move On even though this meant it was overdone. Why waste an opportunity? How often will there be a same-themed game to refer to? I'm aware of the old EUROO7 Space Nazi Lites but I'm not familiar with a situation that could be profitably used this way. Bereaved went to people I thought had someone they'd probably miss anyway; EUROO7 and Lemeard for example. Terrified I tried to give to people who I thought die more often than is normal. Religious I gave to people I thought might know enough fluff to use it. Arrogant went to the left-overs, and it wasn't a personal judgement :p so people just got their trait randomly (Can't Move On excluded) but mostly I tried to match them up.

Graverobber. I should have mentioned in the recap that I wasn't happy with apprentices. I dislike apprentices when they start claimed, and I dislike unclaimed ones just as much on occasion. With a claimed apprentice it means the evil team has to kill two seers or priests right off the bat, thereby making it very challenging for the evil team. Not only do apprentices add a backup, in systems where apprentices can't be subverted they're a totally trustworthy JLbird (bar curses), and they can have the whole scanlist, ready to return to the fray as though nothing happened once the master dies. Having them unclaimed gives the wolves a chance to kill the opponent and have done with it, but then if an apprentice is claimed it's the same as being claimed from start. It has the addition problem that you can end up having a seer with three apprentices, or a seer who dies on Night 0 with no successor to help the team, or the priest dies without an apprentice while the seer lives to the end with his apprentices. The unclaimed system seems like it can introduce serious imbalances because of random chance (lucky scans get lots of backups, bad ones get none) but the claimed system means the bad team has to crash through two of either type of scanner, and rarely is there any indication who the seer is, bar through infiltration.

So now I wish I had tried a graverobber trait. I already mentioned it but let me flesh it out: no apprentices, but instead there are graverobber trait villagers. With this trait they can assume the role of any dead good player. It is expended on use. Example: on Night 0 the seer is hunted. Disaster! No, the graverobber says "I shall rob Mr. Erstwhile Seer's grave" and you've got a functioning seer on Night 1. Another scenario: on Night 5 the seer is hunted. Coup for the wolves: the seer is dead! Graverobber acts and becomes the new seer - but he has no scanlist unless he was already in an exceptionally trusting JL. This means killing the seer is actually a setback for the village even though he is replaced. It would also be possible for the GA or Doc to die, and the graverobber assumes his place.

Trait Thief. Another one I wish I had included. The idea of stealing traits while running a slight risk of dying seems worth trying.

It isn't necessary to always make cultist a different flavor of wolf. If they can't hunt, they're not a different flavor of wolf. It's possible to have wolves attach, but not hunt, which I believe at least one person has done. I'd be happy with being an attached cultist that had traits instead of the ability to hunt. Too many traits shouldn't be an issue; packs usually get something like 1 trait for every 2 members. Having packs with 3 wolves 1 cultist, 1 brutal wolf 1 hunter-roleblocker cultist is only about 2 more traits than normal for the whole game.

Hunter/SD idea was put in my head in your "Do Cylons Dream of Electric Sheep?" setup so I'm well aware you'd done it before :p at the time you did it I wasn't sure why, but at some point it seemed worthy of resurrecting, and I like the results. It seems to be well received, too.

Cultists that attach without getting the ability to send in orders is another variant that seems to work. This is true.
As for the hunter/sd thing - the reasons you listed earlier were basically why I did that split. Having a trait that only allows you to shoot gives an entirely different dynamic.

I think more death, murder and mayhem in these games is almost *always* an unilaterally good thing. Quicker games, more risks of death, higher adrenaline levels, all around good fun :)

This really did seem like the best course of action, but I suspected that doing so would led to be being sent to the Bonfire of Failed GMing - any sort of "fix" seems to be worse than the original mistake.

GM interference with the game should be kept to a minimum. Even if there was a small mistake, the fix can be worse than the ailment in unforeseen ways..

Cultists that attach without getting the ability to send in orders is another variant that seems to work. This is true.
As for the hunter/sd thing - the reasons you listed earlier were basically why I did that split. Having a trait that only allows you to shoot gives an entirely different dynamic.

I think more death, murder and mayhem in these games is almost *always* an unilaterally good thing. Quicker games, more risks of death, higher adrenaline levels, all around good fun :)

Carnage - who doesn't love it?

GM interference with the game should be kept to a minimum. Even if there was a small mistake, the fix can be worse than the ailment in unforeseen ways..

Basically my thinking is "Never try to unscramble an egg". And that's where I left it. It was a real shame, because a commonsense fix would have been to put Kriszo back, but it was best left as it was.

Arrogant. Basically the opposite of terrified: insist that you were going to win, because you were a genius.

That's not a mere RP trait for some of us... ;)

Vainglory said:
Basically my thinking is "Never try to unscramble an egg". And that's where I left it. It was a real shame, because a commonsense fix would have been to put Kriszo back, but it was best left as it was.

Yes, listen to randy, he learned that lesson the hard way.

Last edited:
@ Kriszo

I figured as much. I toyed with putting you back in the game, to allow you to at least shout "LEMEARD IS THE SEER", while also costing the village another day to parity, since this would have been as close to unscrambling the egg as possible. It's quite possible that if you had leaderlynched Paen and gotten away the village would just have wagoned you the next day. Whereas if you lynch the wrong person by accident you can't unscramble the egg, it seemed possible to mostly unscramble the situation by putting you back in. The only damage done then is any chance of you surviving was entirely lost, whereas you might have escaped after leaderlynching Paen. This really did seem like the best course of action, but I suspected that doing so would led to be being sent to the Bonfire of Failed GMing - any sort of "fix" seems to be worse than the original mistake.

You did right, I guess. It is just a reminder, that rules should be as specific as possible. And I still think that voting yourself to get saved shouldn't be a neccessity in any situation.

Leader is already silly, so nothing new there. Although the new changes have drastically reduced it's silliness, I must admit. However, you don't have to vote yourself, you can vote the other guy tied with you, or unvote him and vote someone else if your vote is locked onto him.
It is still unneccesary micromanagement, and you have to be there at the deadline for it to work.

It is still unneccesary micromanagement, and you have to be there at the deadline for it to work.

That's a not insignificant problem of Big games these days. Still, you can put up a standing leader order to save yourself and hope someone breaks the tie one way or the other. Sometimes it is also possible to shift to a third party, if the lead isn't too great.

Better yet, said scanner might scan his rival in order to get an excuse to kill him - and then make a real mess for himself. Unfortunately Lemeard, too, ruined my fun - I don't know if he concluded that as he was going to kill Kiwi anyway, it didn't matter, or if he suspected the trap.
Sort of. I was about to scan Cpt.Kiwi, thinking that it would be nice to out a baddie get rid of the rival at the same time, I did however have a nagging feeling that "Shit, what if he turns out to be an apprentice". I just decided to let time do the wok and eventually he'd be hunted or lynched.

GM AAR - Night 0

And so we proceed to Night 0.

Lemeard the Seer: "Scan Paendrag Backup 1: Walrus Backup 2: TNT Backup 3: Lord_D Backup 4: EURO". Lem scans the GA off the bat, but naturally only sees a villager.
Snoopdogg the Priest: "Scan Pevergreen. Backup Yakman." Scans the blessed villager pevergreen.
Kriszo the sorcerer scanned Johho888 the villager (backup Tamius23).
the_hdk the Padre/Confessor issued an order with targets for the next three days, starting with jonti-h.
Paendrag the GA protected Falc the cultist.
Falc blocked Randakar who had no role to be blocked.
Johho888 didn't block anyone on the reasoning (which I agree with) that he was more like to hurt his side than the baddies (statistically there are more baddies he could hurt than goodies).
Chaos Pack (reis91) issued a standing order to cover all possibilities: "1. Walrus 2. the_hdk 3. Paendrag 4. EUROO7 5. Randakar 6. Lord_D 7. pevergreen 8. Kingepyon 9. jacob-Lundgren 10. Trinitrotoluen 11. Mr. G 12. Suirantes 13. Slinky 14. Esemesas 15. Tamius23 16. Taiisatai54 17. Yakman 18. Kriszo 19. Johho888 The rest of the players, by alphabetic order, applied to the last letter." Oddly enough this was the only standing order the whole game, trait SOs aside: no scanners or protectors issued SOs. The Chaos Pack SO stood at deadline, which meant Walrus the blessed apprentice with a rival got hunted - and survived due to his blessing. Boring Night 0 for the public at large.
jacob-Lundgren issued the only other SO for the game: "Spy on people that are odd numbered going down the list starting at #5", and that remained his order until he was subbed. Kingepyon was spied on for this reason:

"Kingepyon, aka Major Pym Madsen. There's so much that could be said about him. He certainly seems to like carnage, but then, being in the Planetary Defense Force, that's his job... although he shouldn't want to hurt others in his line of work."

This was cryptic but I think it was strong enough in hinting that 1. Kingepyon was worth spying on again if jL didn't get the hint, 2. Kingepyon was a "killer" of some sort, 3. "Carnage" is often used to refer to brutal traits, 4. killing other PDF indicates he's a traitor. If anything I was too strong but to my knowledge EUROO7 and j-L both considered this to be a bogus hint.

Taiisatai64 spied on: "Jonti-h. What a deeply uninteresting man, about whom the Imperium knows less than it should. He might prove decisive in a crisis though." Jonti-h the leader but of no other consequence. Seemed fairly straightforward.

GM AAR - Day/Night 1

In the course of the day Falc the hunter-roleblocker cultist is lynched. I believe this was the problem for the evil team the whole game: getting killed when it was avoidable. Falc died 8-4-4. Yet one of his killers was a packmate, so it could have ended 7-5. His other two packmates were voting for 3rd parties and could have moved it to 7-7. Falc himself was voting against Najs, so if he and all his pack shifted to Walrus it would have ended 8-7 in his favor. I'm aware of the problems with going all-in to save a packmate, but this was a death straight off the bat that happened because absolutely no attempt was made to save Falc by his packmates. As I said, I think this sort of thing was the central reason the good team won.

Lemeard the Seer scans: "Taiisatai64, Backup 1: Walrus, Backup 2: TNT, Backup 3: Lord_D, Backup 4: EURO". Taiisatai64 the cultist appears to be a villager to the Seer.
Snoopdogg the Priest scans: "Scan Esemesas. Backup mr. G" Esemesas is a mere villager.
Kriszo the Sorcerer scans: "Lemeard backup Slinky" the Seer! This appeared to be a decisive stroke of fortune at the time, as the seer had no apprentice.
the_hdk confessor targets slinky to no purpose
Paendrag doesn't protect anyone
Falc orders a roleblock of the roleblocker Johho888, but dies first.
Johho888 sits on his hands again.
Genstealer Pack: Hunt HC Backup Lord_D Backup Slinky Backup Najs. HC the rival villager is hunted.
Tai spies on Johho: "In some ways, Johho is like the late lamented Falc."
j-L spies on Paendrag: "Paendrag did nothing of interest last night."

I thought that Tai's hint was pretty explicit, but it didn't specify exactly what the similarity was: cultist, roleblocker, hunter?
j-L's hint was meant to be just that: a hint. It's what wasn't said. Paen did nothing of interest last night with the implication that he'd done something interesting on other nights. Again, no bite from j-L or Euro.

Last edited:
GM AAR - Day/Night 2

Day 2 had some nice carnage, as Boris ze Spider, brutal wolf of Genestealer Pack, was lynched. Again the dismal performance of the evil team is the culprit: Taiisatai64 forgot who his pack was and voted for his packmate, while Mr. G was too busy playing with Lemeard to notice Boris was in mortal danger. King tried, but failed, to save Boris.

Boris had set his brutal on Day 1 as: Tamius, TNT, HDK, Rendap, Paendrag, Randy. It is interesting that there were no busts on this list; Tami was SA villager, a threat to the sorc, although minor, probably the least useful kill. TNT was a hunter. HDK was the padre/confessor. Rendap was an enemy wolf. Paendrag was the GA. Randakar became the priest's apprentice. Aside from Tami these were all slam-dunks. But Boris switched it to Euro without explanation on the day he died, and stuck an SD villager with a rival. Not a total waste, but compared to the other potential hits, not that good.

Esemesas had the misfortune of being in the wrong place at the wrong time and died early, as he so often does. A cursed villager, unfortunately for the evil team, as this mean they were down 1 cultist, 1 wolf, and 1 potential baddie already.

Lemeard the seer "Scan johho888, Backup: Capt. Kiwi, Backup: Mr. G, Backup: Walrus, Backup EUROO7". Johho appears as a regular villager, even though he's got a useful trait... this is really encouraging a trait-scanner idea here IMO.
Snoopdogg the Priest: "Scan Mr. G. Backup Lemeard." scans the wolf Mr. G but sees a villager.
Kriszo the sorcerer: "scan the_hdk, backup EUROO" scans the padre but sees a villager.
the_hdk the padre: targets pevergreen.
Paendrag the GA: Protect TNT
Chaos Pack: HUNT Johho, Backup1 Mr. G, Backup2 TNT. Johho the roleblocker villager is killed without ever blocking anyone (but I still think he did the right thing).
Taiisatai64 spies on the_hdk: "the_hdk is a man upon whom divine favor shines, which is right and just for he is a faithful man." Tai pretty much red this right: blessed, and he speculated a priest. Close, but why didn't he consider padre? Didn't read the rules? Oddly enough they chose not to shoot the_hdk at this point, even though they were pretty sure he was the priest. Tai later commented about sacrificing himself by shooting the_hdk... didn't read the rules.
EUROO7 now subs for jacob-Lundgren.

Vainglory: Right, has jacob filled you in on your role?
EUROO7: He gave me two spy results. Nothing more. What am I.
Vainglory: A jumping gay hot dog.
EUROO7: ...says the hopping queer dingo.
Vainglory: That's a half truth!

Jacob was a spy villager, there's nothing else of note, except that his RP trait was "terrified" instead of your "bereaved". Terrified entails predicting your own demise as loudly as possible. You can always keep lamenting people if you prefer, since you seem to be enjoying that one a lot, it's up to you.

Also, he spied on Trinitrotoluen last night as well as the previous two scans, so:

Trinitrotoluen is a man of nighttime violence.

At last someone takes action on their spy results! Euro reads "man of nighttime violence" as "wolf" and tells me he will out TNT if he can't get someone to do it. This causes much chaos on Day 3.

Last edited:
vainglory said:
Randakar became the sorcerer's apprentice

You mean "priests's apprentice" :p

GM AAR - Day/Night 3

During the day TNT is outed as "A man of nighttime violence" by Walrus. Interesting that Euro used his former rival as a mouthpiece... did he conclude that Walrus must be innocent because he was innocent? That I would not partner baddies with goodies? TNT defends himself ably by telling the truth, and Lord_D ends up getting everyone's attention by deadline, despite TNT leading by a mile at one point. So sad that he was believed, the bickering that would have arisen from his lynching would have been delicious. This pressure on TNT causes him to set a hunt, as does Mr. G - I wonder if G was trying to undermine TNT's case for defense by shooting a goodie at the same time?

Lemard the Seer: "Scan snoopdogg, Backup: Randakar, Backup 2: walrus, Backup 3: jonti". Seer scans Priest: sees villager.
Snoopdogg the Priest: "Scan Rendap. Backup Randakar." Snoopdogg should scan Rendap, who is then shot by TNT later in the night. Instead Snoopdogg got Randakar as his apprentice. I cannot understand how I made this mistake when I got it right for Euro.
Kriszo the sorcerer: "scan Suirantes, backup Slinky, backup2 Capt. Kiwi" scans another villager.
the_hdk the padre/confessor: fails to add another tranche of targets and so no one receives confession tonight.
Paendrag the GA: "So lets see if we can raise our shield and help PROTECT REIS91." This is amusing: the only successful GA protection in the game and it goes on a wolf!
Genestealer Pack: Hunt Reis Backup Tamius. The Emperor apparently intercedes and saves the Heretic Reis so that he can be the last of the evil team to die.
TNT places a hunt order on Capt. Kiwi but says he might change it. And so he does, to Lord_D with Rendap and and Kriszo as backups. Lord_D is lynched in the day, so the bullet strikes Rendap ze wolf out of the blue. Ouch. This was one of the few unavoidable evil deaths in the game IMO.
Mr. G shoots jonti-h. Not sure why jonti-h, especially when they think they've scanned the priest...
Taiisatai spies on Lord_D without a backup; "He's dead, Jim!"
EUROO7: spy on jonti next, if you please.
Vainglory: As you clap your peepers on jonti-h, a las blast scythes through his head. How unfortunate! (spies come just before hunters, so your order on jonti was valid, but jonti died just thereafter)

GM AAR - Day/Night 4

Fateful Day 4. This day would derail the best chance the evil team had of winning. I reiterate that I believe I enforced the rules correctly, and I enforced the correct rules - but that I was ultimately responsible for the mistake because the rules weren't clear. Kriszo made a reasonable assumption that the leaderlynch would work even in a tie. Kriszo of course knew the seer's identity, and as yet the seer had no apprentice. As Kriszo has said himself, if he'd known he couldn't save himself he'd have put Lemeard's identity out where the evil team could make use of it. Alas, the sorcerer died, moving parity even further away for both packs, and the seer remained under cover.

This same day the Guardian Angel Paendrag got lynched. It didn't seem to be for a very good reason, but then, protectors often die at the hands of the ungrateful mob.

Lemeard the seer: "Scan Mr.G the wolf!, Backup: Walrus, Backup2: Randakar". No idea what made him look into Mr. G, who was, in fact, a waffle.
Snoopdogg the priest: "Scan Reis. Backup Najs." Scans wolf, sees villager.
Kriszo: "scan Yakman backup randakar backup2 snoopdogg". Died before this could happen.
the_hdk the padre/confessor: defend TNT.
Paendrag wants to protect Yakman, but dies first.
Genestealer Pack: Hunt randakar Backup johho888. Randakar is the priest's apprentice, so this is of some value to the evil team. But Randy is also self-defensive, and kills Enkhuush (randomly determined). I'm not sure what to make of this: Randy had publicly declared his SD status from the start, why risk it?
Taiisatai: spy on Lemeard backup Yakman. "Lemeard, he has a burning desire to defeat his enemies, which drives his vigilance." I thought this might be too strong. I meant it to hint at him being a rival, but also that he was a scanner. Burning desire to defeat his ENEMIES plural not singular. And VIGILANCE which is clearly not rivalry. Tai assumed he was a rival and left it at that. Bah. Oh well, spy clues aren't meant to be 100%.
Euro spied on Yakman (why was he so popular? Padre, GA, backup spy, and spy on one night!): "When you look at Yakman, Yakman looks back. It is all that he can do." Yakman was SA, and that was all he was.

I was pretty popular as well. No idea why, really. I had been terribly inactive at that stage of the game - perhaps people thought that odd?