• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
10 KMS Stuttgart? What?

Yeah, for some reason the German naming system in HOI is such that it will begin naming all ships built in 1 parallel the same way when the names starts running out. Hence why we requested for ideas to name our capital-class ships.

To guard our sanity, we decided not to begin naming each small ship aswell, since most of them don't survive a week at the rate the naval war is going right now anyway. I'm sure there are at least 35 KMS Dresden aswell ;)

-Vincent

Somewhere there is a mod on these forums that adds very many unit names of all sorts. I suggest that one.

I think it's this one.

Yeah, for some reason the German naming system in HOI is such that it will begin naming all ships built in 1 parallel the same way when the names starts running out. Hence why we requested for ideas to name our capital-class ships.

To guard our sanity, we decided not to begin naming each small ship aswell, since most of them don't survive a week at the rate the naval war is going right now anyway. I'm sure there are at least 35 KMS Dresden aswell ;)

-Vincent

Its a multiplayer bug, I had 12 ''Follow me'' divisions myself.

April

In April, it was becoming obvious that Japan's situation in Indochina was becoming perilous: a counter-strike to break the Indochinese pocket had been fought to a standstill, and a German invasion in South-Vietnam opened yet another front for the Japanese.

weregointonam.jpg

One week later, the Home Command was commissioned and immediately sent to the Pacific. Grand Admiral Vian, another important Admiral during the Free Fleet Rebellion, was given the honor of leading the new fleet. The flagship of the fleet, the “HMS Invincible”, was promptly renamed the “HMS House of York”, as a sailing monument to the bravery of the Loyalist rebels during the War of the Roses.

homecommandbecomeactive.jpg

Near the end of April, Field Marshall Van Geyte and Grand Admiral De Nil, in conjunction with several other high-ranking admirals from both the Kriegsmarine and the Royal Navy, had finished the May Offensives plan. During the end of April and the month of May, the Royal Navy and the Kriegsmarine would unleash a co-ordinated attack on all Japanese strategic locations in the South-China Sea. If Japan were to lose these strategic points, it will be virtually defenceless against raiding Pact navies, and forced to send it’s fleet out of hiding and confront the Royal Navy head-on. A new stage in the war for the Pacific had begun.

hmshouseofyork.jpg

The HMS House of York, an extraordinarly modern carrier and flagship of the Reserve Fleet, steams through the Mediterrannean en route to Singapore

---------------​

I'll try to get the pictures in when Imageshack returns to offering quality service :mad:. For now, try this link
http://s625.photobucket.com/albums/tt332/VinceDN07/
For the pictures of this update ;). Sorry I couldn't get up up right, don't have much time on my hands today. Anyhow, I'm off, cheers

-Vincent

EDIT by Laurence: Pictures seem to work on this end.

Last edited:
And here I am, after 12 hours of consecutive learning. My brains feel about boiled right now :wacko:. Anyhow, you want updates? Updates for the mass! Two today.

------------​

11thewarintheeast.jpg

Chapter XI: The War in the East

mayoffensives.jpg
May

On the 1st of May 1943, Portuguese ambassadors arrived in Berlin to declare a formal armistice between the Portuguese Empire and the Channel Pact. Portugal, one of the last remaining European colonial powers, had been defeated.

defeatportugalannexsaot.jpg
While the Portuguese government collapsed, the US quickly occupied a former Portuguese island off the West Coast of Africa, Sao Tomé, using it as a base of operations for bombing Pact positions in Africa and Southern-Europe. In the meanwhile, the United Kingdom began expanding the Royal Marines, preparing itself for the May offensives and extended war for the Pacific Islands.

britishmarinebuildup.jpg

attackcapverde.jpg
On the 16th of May, 1943 a US Marine corps attacked the defenders at the Cap Verde Islands. General Manhattan resisted valiantly, but was no match for the American Marines. The Capverde garrison was defeated and captured, Manhattan presumed KIA.

Last edited:
Nooo! Manhattan!

You have 38 marine divisions? Use them on Sae Tome and the Cape Verde already! :D

Thats not so easy, those damn Americans always stack their islands, Sae Tome has about 25 divisions on it. :eek:

Was Macau yours and did the Japanese capture it or were they at war with Portugal on their own?

Vincent invaded it in order to annex Portugal, and then fled back to HongKong. :D

-Laurence

Already prepairing for the invasion of europe?

Not yet. the US their operation 'Oh you've got be kidd...' is around '47. We're fighting it right now, and we are in pain. :eek:. The situation is starting to look more and more like Democracy's Last Legs right now, especially on the seas. With the crucial difference that we. have more. nukes ;)

-Vincent

After the loss of contact with Capverde, the Channel Pact immediately detached a joint attack force to retake the vital island quickly, before the Americans had a chance of organising a coherent defence and using the island as an airport to bomb Europe.

indochinaapril15.jpg

In the pocketed Indochina, the war raged on as Pact forces struggled to overcome the powerfull Japanese defence. It soon became clear that Weiss had underestimated the Japanese armies, who held the northern mountain chain with great dedication.

Two weeks later in the Grand Banks Sea, another mayor naval engagement occured between The Royal Navy and the USN...

-----------​

Sorry for the smallishness, next update is a whopper so I had to respect cliffhangers here :D. See you tomorrow!

-Vincent

Nice work in reaching Bangkok, surely they will be annexable soon which will really help you in the Indochina theatre.

Nice work in reaching Bangkok, surely they will be annexable soon which will really help you in the Indochina theatre.

Depends. At this point, actually, both us and Japan are at war with poor siam :D. After the siamese surrender event, we quickly DOW'ed to prevent being kicked out of the country, after which Japan answered with a DOW of her own.

-Vincent

By the way, sorry for forgetting about our frontpage graphic: I was working on a birthday gift for a friend. Just like me, she's a great rock fan so I made her a custom cd with cover and everything :). Getting the sizes correct was painfull, but I pulled it off!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.