• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hm, it'd be kinda funny if we was a resident of the American Georgia and had a Southern accent, you know, trying to fit in and all.

Churchill in KR?! Where?! I can't believe I never played Canada without my favourite bulldog.

He's not in any events, or is available as a minister. BUT, unlike Stalin, Hitler and FDR, it's never explicitly stated that he died. He's probably an angry British exile writing newspaper articles somewhere in Ottawa. He started life as a journalist, and will probably die as one.

Yes actually. :rofl:

God damn enviromentalist. When I want a picture of a factory, I don't want is to be not noticeable because there is no smoke. I want so much smoke, that white people become black, and sun becomes red. I want rivers of god damned molten metal, shaped into huge ass machines which you probably couldn't drive if your hairlines quota was under limit. I want my damn forgeries of MARS not some Euro-*#(# office.

God damn enviromentalist. When I want a picture of a factory, I don't want is to be not noticeable because there is no smoke. I want so much smoke, that white people become black, and sun becomes red. I want rivers of god damned molten metal, shaped into huge ass machines which you probably couldn't drive if your hairlines quota was under limit. I want my damn forgeries of MARS not some Euro-*#(# office.

You sir speak the truth.

Diesel-punk alternative History!

He's not in any events, or is available as a minister. BUT, unlike Stalin, Hitler and FDR, it's never explicitly stated that he died. He's probably an angry British exile writing newspaper articles somewhere in Ottawa. He started life as a journalist, and will probably die as one.

:O

Dibs on Churchill events. Actually I'll try to make some right now!

EDIT : Oh, and one more thing. I change my vote from Schgdfgjfgatman and Aalto to Aalto and Blackford (Hawt).

Last edited:
Personally I would vote against the idiot who decided that drawing random lines on a map of Europe is fun ;). Guess that would mean Cannon or Thomas?

Norman Thomas could be good choice.

I vote for George C. Marshall, though I haven't seen his name anywhere on the ballot. If ever there was a man made to be a Resigned Generalissimo, it's the man who OTL retired and two weeks later was informed that he was now Ambassador to China... then when he retired from that was informed that he was now Secretary of State... then got hung out to dry over a downed U-2. Given that he was a key player in the war years here, I vote Marshall.

Thomas all the way. I've decided.

Blackford. Lets take the better colour of the redblackflag into the forefront :D

1dita.jpg
Louise Bryant said:
I dont want to say goodbye
It's so hard to walk away

I know that this feels like the end
Life never seems to let you win
But I'll be back someday

I'm already missing you
But I'm not even gone
In time we'll be together again
And it won't be long

The result of the congressional meeting was it had to be said, a foregone conclusion, the week before the funeral having given each candidate plenty of time to marshal their allies and make deals. Foster and Steele both appeared to be doing well, until the Guardian block put their support behind outside candidate Flora Blackford, the ever taciturn Rose having been seen leaving Blackford's room at the Drake hotel the evening before the platform declaration was made public. No record of the meeting exists, but several candidates endorsed her shortly afterwards, and the term 'The Popular Front' became the word used when speaking in reference to the growing coalition. The final nail in the ambitions of 'the Chicago Outfit' as Foster, Steele and their assistant Capone were known was when extremely popular, but outsider candidate Abe Simpson threw his lot in with the Blackford.

The funeral was a grand affair, with a procession that wound through the streets of downtown Cicero before heading toward the shores of Lake Michigan. Hundreds of thousands, if not millions of people attended the cortege and flowers were thrown across the streets in such numbers that the Syndicate of Streetcleaners spent several days cleaning up. Behind the cortege, the great and the good of the Syndicates travelled in open-top jeeps, whilst the 'Illinois Boys' Union contingent marched for the Armed Forces and the "John Henry" Tank division processed through the streets of Chicago.

blacksquadronoverchicag.jpg

An in-air shot taken by one of the pilots of 6-Fighter Wing "Hoffa's Boys" on the approach for the flyby

When the cortege arrived by the boat for final sendoff that had been built on the shore, the entire "Chicago" Flight wing, of over 200 fighter planes flew in tight formation over, red and black smoke streaming out from canisters mounted on the side of the F4U Corsair's their wings whistling as they went. Words were spoken, by several notables, eulogising the great man and a silence descended as the body was placed into the boat, which was towed out to a half mile from the shore.

At this point, the wooden ship was shot at by a lone diving fighter than had been painted black for the occasion, incendiary rounds tearing into the material, and setting the ship - packed with flammables - alight in a fierce combustion, that cremated the remains of the Father of the Nation in a spectacle. The roar of the crowds, those who could see anyway was immediate, as the fighter wheeled around and flew toward the city and the airport. The flames continued to burn for about an hour before the ship, finally sank. The ashes of Jack Reed were interred in the cold waters of Lake Michigan, the precise spot unknown to any except the lone pilot, whose identity has never been revealed and there are many conspiracy theories to this day as to who the 'Black Pilot' was.

The congress sat next day, and with support from all the platforms, excepting the Maximalists, Flora Blackford was elected General Secretary of the Congress of the Combined Syndicates of North America. A reshuffling of responsiblities followed, and Blackford gave what would be known as the survival speech.

Flora Blackford said:
You ask, what is our aim? I can answer in one word: victory; victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory, however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival. Let that be realized; no survival for the Combined Syndicates will mean no survival for all that the Syndicates stand for, no survival for the urge and impulse of the ages, that mankind will move forward towards its goal. But I take up my task with buoyancy and hope. I feel sure that our cause will not be suffered to fail among men. At this time I feel entitled to claim the aid of all, and I say, "Come then, let us go forward together with our united strength."

ditacabinet.jpg

The New Cabinet saw an increase in the powers of the Speaker for Congress and Ms. Blackford declined to take the title of Chief Organiser, "That's Jack's job, and nobody could ever fill those shoes."​

--The Day the World Stood Still, Upton Sinclair

Last edited:
At this point, the wooden ship was shot at by a lone diving fighter than had been painted black for the occasion, incendiary rounds tearing into the material, and setting the ship - packed with flammables - alight in a fierce combustion, that cremated the remains of the Father of the Nation in a spectacle. The roar of the crowds, those who could see anyway was immediate, as the fighter wheeled around and flew toward the city and the airport. The flames continued to burn for about an hour before the ship, finally sank. The ashes of Jack Reed were interred in the cold waters of Lake Michigan, the precise spot unknown to any except the lone pilot, whose identity has never been revealed and there are many conspiracy theories to this day as to who the 'Black Pilot' was.

brilliant stuff, really evocative of this world you're constructing

At least Flora looks really nice with the military hat. I just hope the economy is still Syndicalist and doesn't lean towards Free Market...

brilliant stuff, really evocative of this world you're constructing

My thanks. It just came to me in a moment as something suitably alternative to an interment, and we have enough monuments I figure...

At least Flora looks really nice with the military hat. I just hope the economy is still Syndicalist and doesn't lean towards Free Market...

The deal cut with the military/guardian platform will see Blackford will stick to syndicalist ideals in her policy making, even if personally she doesn't much care for them.

May I ask if you will replace the FoM and the CoAr? Especially the CoAr, unless Rose can handle being Congress Speaker and the Army Commander.

Wow. Funeral of Jack Reed reminds me on funerals of old kings. Very well written!

What is this?
Trying to poison the wildlife of lake Michigan? :p

But of course, any explanation that makes you happy :p

They'll have mermaid syndicates before they know it.

Coca-cola hasn't yet been invented, however Atlanta is scheduled to be put into the middle of the Atlantic sometime in mid 1980 :rofl:

May I ask if you will replace the FoM and the CoAr? Especially the CoAr, unless Rose can handle being Congress Speaker and the Army Commander.

I ALMOST (hair's breadth) left Marshall as CoAr. However he is not the esteemed Guardian bloc liaison to Blackford and both ingame and out war is not expected to break out. That said, we shall see how Mr. Rose handles it. I think he'd be reluctant to hand in his commission, but can he really do a good job of it?

Wow. Funeral of Jack Reed reminds me on funerals of old kings. Very well written!

My thanks. I caught myself choking back tears as wrote sections of it. <.< I've really got to get over myself :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.