• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(431573)

Private
2 Badges
Jan 4, 2012
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
Sorry for my "broken" English.

Everyone knows that the Crusaders Kings 2 as a game of interest and concern not only the minds of English-speaking members of our planet.
Many people in Eastern Europe, France, Germany and other countries interested in the game, and want to "see" it on your own native language.​

When will the localization of other countries.
And what languages ​​will the game?
I am in English and Swedish.
I think Portuguese should be mandatory.
Let's just play commits to it.

Will the game in Russian? In Polish?
And when the wait for these countries.

Maybe the developers, and other "enlightened" gentlemen can share such intimate information?
:rolleyes:

Localizations are usually done when Paradox signs a distribution agreement (or whatever it's called) with a local publisher. So you could ask the Paradox publishing guys on the forums (Shams) about it.

Oh, yes! You are not interested in the Estonian version. I think very few people involved in localization for your language.

But I do not understand Estonian. I did not understand "intrigue" and their tricks, as the English - not my language.
How many words that the "language"
And so. Google translation explained to me that the localization is necessary to learn a special forum to ...
I think they sent me back to you.:happy:

And yes! Our website will make a good, fairly high-quality translation is many times faster than any of the localizer.
But as it pleased. Pick up a box with the Crusaders Kings 2, get it from disk, manual, six-foot gentleman (with a good pedigree necessarily).

The paradox has ceased to feel us believe.
....kalistor.... перестали в нас верить говорю...
эх разработчики...

I think Localisation files in previous Paradox games have been usually English, French, Spanish and German by default. Regional publishers can translate it into local market languages, but these translations have been usually not highly praised. More often than not, the syntax in some sentences (for example in the recurring pop-up messages) don't sound quite right in languages other than English, so I guess most people choose to play in English anyway.

Localization is expensive so only make sense when there's a verifiable market in it. But I can't imagine why Russian wouldn't be a valid one.

The Crusaders were a localized bearable.
Deus vult caught and struck. A lot of events. A game and all its materials are simple and clear. I'm easy modification of the game, save, everything.
Europe 3 Russia has. And she's nice to live on my shelf.
But she, like the first part of the game, very very bored by the new Crusaders Kings 2 :)

I didn't mean to say that just because I don't want to have a translated version, doesn't mean that nobody will.

Still you don't need to have a full understanding of the language to play a game (unless it's a text adventure game). You don't need to know what each game term means, you just need to know what it does in the game to play it. I have a 9 year old cousin who can play a lot of complex games in English, but she hasn't yet had a single English lesson at school. I bet a lot of native English speakers will have no clue what "papal investiture", "agnatic primogeniture" or "demesne" mean (or are pronounced) when they start playing CK2.

The reason I prefer original languages is mostly because of the problems that translations have, like missing translations, incorrect translations and mistakes.

Well, it is a Swedish company and there wont be any Swedish localization, so they are at least fair. Maybe just the typical Swedish thing of thinking that everyone learns English at an early age in school and will work for everyone;)

Haven't most of PI's games been localized into Russian, spanish and french at some point? I think so.

Still you don't need to have a full understanding of the language to play a game (unless it's a text adventure game). You don't need to know what each game term means, ...she hasn't yet had a single English lesson at school. I bet a lot of native English speakers will have no clue what "papal investiture", "agnatic primogeniture" or "demesne" mean (or are pronounced) when they start playing CK2.

The reason I prefer original languages is mostly because of the problems that translations have, like missing translations, incorrect translations and mistakes.

While your english is proper and you might have helped your 9 year old cousin, methinks this guy/person uses googletranslator and doesnt know any english. If you dont know proper english and dont have anybody to help you out
(well theres dictionaries, but really...) you'll have a hard time.
But if the market is too small or simply to piraty (russia,china i guess) than your only chance is a translation mod by the fanbase.

While there might be a market for localised versions in germany, i do as well prefer the english one.
Though sometimes i wonder if it isnt rather scottish sometimes, having King in the team, aye ?!:rolleyes:

I am in Eastern Europe (Estonia) and I have no interest to play this game in my native language (Estonian).

Same here from Israel. creeps me to think about CK2 in Hebrew (not that anyone will have the time for the 2.5 Israeli CK2 players...)

... CK2 in Hebrew...

How about an old-testament style localisation ?

Oh wait,...the pop-ups would probably fill the whole screen. :laugh:

Cenega Poland doesn't announce any publishing plans for CK2, so I don't believe I would bet on my native language included in game. Of course, that's not a problem for me, although it would be nice to play it in polish. But it seems I have no chance for it without any fan-made translations...

In XVI century, Mikołaj Rej wrote: "A niechaj narodowie wżdy postronni znają, iż Polacy nie gęsi, iż swój język mają." (And let the foreign nations always know, that Poles have not goose*, but own language - it's my own translation, with correct meaning**)

And kalistor, приветствую братского народа ;)

* - Author meant latin language by it, as sounded for him like a gaggle.
** - in Poland, we commonly read it as "geese", so most of us just misunderstood it (Poles are not geese and have own language - common, but incorrect interpretation).