• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm at work, just browsing the forums between calls from clients. I am now incredibly curious why everyone seems to dislike the game's flag for a unified Scandinavia. I just started playing a week ago and haven't had a chance to unify my own advisers, much less an entire region. Does anyone have a link to the flag? I tried googling, but didn't get an immediately obvious result.
Thanks!

It's the yellow one with a red cross, you can see it in the post above yours.

Well because AI is dumb, and don't send tribute offer to GH instantly... otherwise, the one who would be trolling over HRE, would be poland, not bohemia. (if they would manage to not lose the union with lithuania).
I've never seen a threatening Eastern tech group country. Even the large snaking ones melt before a decent sized Bohemia/Austria/Burgundy.

Jesus guys, why is it Poland discussions must spread to every thread on this board? Don't you have anything better to do than to go prick-waving about your nation?

This thread is about forming Scandinavia.

Well certainly if we would speak about MING spamming in IN, you would be satisfied...

Anyway i will not comment you anymore - and continue the disscussion :

Imho, even denmark flag is better than scandinavian... only norway might want to change it's flag, as scandinavian color is less eye killing (norway got quite too blight colors...)

It could've been possible if Sweden didn't lose the Great Northern War, which it actually could've won had it not been so greedy. After the Thirty Years War, Denmark is basically a non-entity so the main problem would've been fending off Russia.

Denmark became a "non-entity" when it lost Skåne not at the thirty years war.
Sweden would never have been allowed to form "scandinavia" nor would denmark as it conflicted with the major powers interests in keeping the baltic trade open. While it is fun to think "what if" the fact of the matter is that the economy of even both countries combined wasn't enough to come close to the real majors of the day.

...In real life, yes...well, maybe..

Actually we had a rather large navy until Nelson took it away. I think of that as the point where forming Scandinavia for Denmark became a rather more remote possibility...

An unified Italy probably didn't seem very plausible in the timeframe of the game.
Gian Galeazzo Visconti thought at least a unified northern (i.e. Lombard) Italy perfectly plausible.

Actually we had a rather large navy until Nelson took it away. I think of that as the point where forming Scandinavia for Denmark became a rather more remote possibility...

This.

Denmark was a small player after the peace at Roskilde, but it didn't become a non-entity before it lost the fleet to England.

Also, a real Scandinavia was close twice, the Kalmar Union and leading up the the Second Schleswig War.

In newer times Nordek almost happened too, but Finland was not able to commit due to being in the shadow of the Soviet Union.

Denmark became a "non-entity" when it lost Skåne not at the thirty years war.
It's close enough. Those wars occurred just after the Thirty Years War.
Sweden would never have been allowed to form "scandinavia" nor would denmark as it conflicted with the major powers interests in keeping the baltic trade open. While it is fun to think "what if" the fact of the matter is that the economy of even both countries combined wasn't enough to come close to the real majors of the day.
The prime factor was mainly the fact that Sweden was occupied with Russia and other strong countries in the region. As long as it keeps the Sounds open, I don't think it'd be that much of an issue for countries like England, Spain, and France.

BlitzMartinDK said:

This.

Denmark was a small player after the peace at Roskilde, but it didn't become a non-entity before it lost the fleet to England.

Also, a real Scandinavia was close twice, the Kalmar Union and leading up the the Second Schleswig War.

In newer times Nordek almost happened too, but Finland was not able to commit due to being in the shadow of the Soviet Union.

We may still see a Scandinavia form in the future, if the EU continues its current trend of regionalization (Denmark Norway Sweden cooperating ever more closely to act as one voice).

I believe that the 'Nordic Group' is compromised of D&N&S, along with Finland, Iceland, and the U.K. for that matter.

We may still see a Scandinavia form in the future, if the EU continues its current trend of regionalization (Denmark Norway Sweden cooperating ever more closely to act as one voice).

I believe that the 'Nordic Group' is compromised of D&N&S, along with Finland, Iceland, and the U.K. for that matter.

The Nordic Battlegroup (NBG) is one of eighteen European Union battlegroups. It consists of around 2,200 soldiers including officers, with manpower contributed from the five participating countries (Sweden, Finland, Norway, Ireland and Estonia)