• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
this expansion keeps getting better and better! awesome!

• FINALLY. Man, you have no idea the huge amount of time your are going to save us. Expect world working efficiency to improve during the next months thanks to not being tired because of clicking feasts.

I'll add my voice to the chorus saying how much I like the features shown in this DD, and how much I'm looking forward to playing it. :)

why dont you also add "assign leaders to all current (leaderless) divisions" button?
because i am sure i will click mistakingly the "unassign all" button many times :)

why dont you also add "assign leaders to all current (leaderless) divisions" button?
That would be the "Auto-assign leaders" check-box, surely?

Which is an interesting question: what happens if you leave that ticked when you press 'Unassign all leaders'? Will they be unassigned, then the game immediately starts assigning them all again? :)

(Which wouldn't be as silly as it sounds; the game usually tried to assign leaders sensibly, eg Panzer leaders to tank divisions - but if a new 5* Panzer leader arrives in the force pool in 1940 and you don't have any leaderless tank units at that time, he might get assigned to some garrison unit somewhere instead. Auto-reassigning leaders shakes that up.)

That would be the "Auto-assign leaders" check-box, surely?

Which is an interesting question: what happens if you leave that ticked when you press 'Unassign all leaders'? Will they be unassigned, then the game immediately starts assigning them all again? :)

(Which wouldn't be as silly as it sounds; the game usually tried to assign leaders sensibly, eg Panzer leaders to tank divisions - but if a new 5* Panzer leader arrives in the force pool in 1940 and you don't have any leaderless tank units at that time, he might get assigned to some garrison unit somewhere instead. Auto-reassigning leaders shakes that up.)

Sadly that does not work. Leaders only seem to be assigned this way to new divisions. Try playing the SU where you have a mass of leaderless divisions - they never get placed until you add them yourself.

Would it be possible to amend the amount of units you can attach to armies or at least army groups? Currently it's five, which isn't much. While playing as Germany during Barbarossa I'd like to assign my garrison units under the command of army group HQ's, but that's not possible since they already have so many armies under their command. So I'm forced to put them directly under the theater HQ. Increasing the limit would also enable proper assignment of reserves under army and army group levels.

I made the list of stuff and johan put in the button. He does a lot more management stuff these days, but he keeps rotating between projects adding awesome stuff in each one that nobody else has time for :)

And I said "remember the unassign all button!" :p

Can I suggest a button on HQ units to "detach" every unit under its command? This way it will be easier to move your troops to some other place with the needed HQ units, without having to figure out first which units are actually in their chain of command.

Looks really good especially the Front system. But what constitutes a front? Would Germany's western theatre have a French, Swiss, Dutch and Luxembourg etc. Front or would it have a Western front and a Danish Front? Would 1941 Germany have an Eastern Front, or be able to make North, South and Centre Fronts?

Oh and now there's a unassign all button could we have an assign all button, for deployed divisions and HQ's without a leader? This is an annoyance particularly for the SU who quickly run out of Leaders in the early years but by 1941 have lots of leaders but lots of deployed leaderless divisions.

Some nice improvements, like many the Unassign Leaders button is MOST welcome!

There is now a button for unassigning all your leaders with one click.

Please, add also a button "Expand All" to the OOB browser.
innocent0001.gif

Looks really good especially the Front system. But what constitutes a front? Would Germany's western theatre have a French, Swiss, Dutch and Luxembourg etc. Front or would it have a Western front and a Danish Front? Would 1941 Germany have an Eastern Front, or be able to make North, South and Centre Fronts?

if you use AI control on theatres you can already see fronts on the map in SF drawn as dashed black lines. it will get one against every non-friendly country, but too small ones will be skipped (eg luxemburg)

The "small skipped" fronts can be bad when you try to prepare using the prepare stance. Troops (under army or army group AI control) not covering the planned invasion border is silly.

Now, add an "assign according to some logic" button next to the Unassign All button, and make the AI use both at least once a year...

Yes, nothing like telling Axis Bulgaria to help Axis Turkey and watch Bulgaria send troops to Finland instead :(

Yeah, would need some feedback why they do that, if they think the front is weak there but it is 1000 km from their target they maybe should ignore it, unless I put a string of targets down along the front then they can consider it a request to fill holes.

The "small skipped" fronts can be bad when you try to prepare using the prepare stance. Troops (under army or army group AI control) not covering the planned invasion border is silly.

Now, add an "assign according to some logic" button next to the Unassign All button, and make the AI use both at least once a year...

Does the autopromote qualified people work now?

Yeah, biggest problem is right there. I love the new additions thus far, but I am not paying for a new UI interface. I expect the AI to but MUCH greater than previous. When I tell one power to help defend another, I expect it to happen this time around

1. Add a slider to the statistic view that mods that add more brigades wont mess up the screen.
2. Make possible to click leader on statistic view and it jumps to division where its attached.
3. Make sorting possible in leader tab
4. Make statistic that shows the lost and used manpower whole at the beginning and in invidual wars
5. XiBE MAN SA should not be puppet of nationalist china. Its unlikely that china in his own core land would make puppet. And you cant unify the china because cant release puppet.
6. Give more player control of slovakia created or not, shared with Hungary etc. choices
7. Give player opportunity to give lands that you control and have cores on other country to that country if in same faction or alliance

Last edited: