• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
yeah, just ask me, I've felt that tender embrace for almost 60 years now!
let love reign o'er me and you too as well!

"Day of reckoning" may be a bit strong. The Caliphate still commands soldiers from Damascus to Gibraltar. Losing the islands is annoying, but not a military disaster; the Syrian coastline is only a few provinces, and the Persian border did not move that far. Unless Christendom takes action to vastly strengthen Jerusalem, the holy sites will be in infidel hands again shortly. God Willed It, but his work is only just begun!

Well give us a map so we can tell these sorts of things!:D

but not a military disaster

Not a military disaster my hairy rump, I lost 47 of my very richest provinces! I lost Iraq, east Arabia, Sicily, most the other islands, half of of Syria, Jerusalem and Alexandria!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Session 21; In which the Caliphates uppance hath come!

session21.jpg

The map includes post game peace edits mentioned in the edit thread at Ederon
Compare to last session.

KoM re-inherits his kingdom, refuses to end war with Caliphate started with AI last session over Crete.

Croats, seeking to take advantage of the Greeks precarious situation launch attack to take Bulgaria.

Caliphate runs into trouble with realm duress and inheritances. Many stupid vassals mobilize troops and wander around aimlessly. >:[

Loire, East and West Rome, Persia assault the weakened Caliphate! Fighting is fierce as Fatimid troops push back into Iraq and Anatolia! West Rome lands in Sicily! Caliphate lands in North Italy!

There is blustering and rattling of sabers across the Pyrenees. al-Andalus, lacking troops to withstand both Loire and half of West Rome, manages to get the crusaders to surrender a few provs and a king title!

With vassals refusing to mobilize troops and all fronts turning into stalemates Waldemar, High King of the North, lands in Alexandria at the head of tens of thousands of angry barbarians demanding the formation of the independent Crusader Kingdom of Jerusalem and Alexandria!

The Caliphate has the strategic depth to take on overwhelming numbers, but not from every direction. With some of its larger vassals threatening to rebel the Caliphate accepts a harsh peace with the coalition.

Poland, true to form, collapses again.

Croatia, despite having most every advantage in its 1v1 war with KoM, gets chased back into Yugoslavia...

The Knautschlings - part 18

Waldemar´s last journey

Being well in his sixties Waldemar knows he does not have a whole lot of time left.
He does however feel that his destiny is not to simply die at home while
god´s will is still being trampled upon by the feet of the infidel ruling over
the holy land.
Denmark´s steward almost is struck by a heart attack as she hears of Waldemar´s plan

k1701.jpg

but eventually she has no choice other than to commit a large amount of coin to it.

k1702.jpg

Over one year has it been since the danish crusaders with Waldemar at their helm

k1703.jpg

manned the ships when they pass the westernmost parts of the Fatimid demesne.

k1704.jpg

Scouting parties report huge troop movements and Waldemar becomes a very happy
man as the news get to him for it can only mean one thing.
The Fatimid Caliphate who controls most of the christian holy sites is already
distracted by other troubles.
Surely god smiles upon the crusaders and sends them aid to fulfill his will.
In April 1219 the first ships arrive at the shores of Alexandria, the very city
that the papacy declared to be the official crusade target.
Waldemar makes sure a formal declaration of his intentions is delivered to the Calipha

k1705.jpg

before the pillaging begins.
Most of the army and commanding officers are veterans from the attack on Bavaria
which is why they avoid the course of action that led to their initial repulsion there.
While most of the army stays behind as a reserve force only small taskgroups begin
the actual attacking operations like besieging the castle in Alexandria.

k1706.jpg

When Waldemar realizes how little resistance the Fatimid can muster at the very core
of their realm

k1708.jpg

he splits his army in three groups.
The largest one, led by him personally, shall secure the Nile Delta while the second
largest advances directly towards Jerusalem, the holy city where god´s son rose from the dead.
A third group moves towards Mecca to burn down the holiest city of the muslim infidel
to let them pay for their crimes.

k1707.jpg

But before the third group even reaches the Red Sea the Fatimids capitulate.
With Alexandria fallen

k1709.jpg

and obviously no army in range to try to lift the siege of Jerusalem

k1710.jpg

Waldemar´s demands are met and the cities of Alexandria and Jerusalem are officially
handed over into danish custody to set up an independent christian kingdom in the area.

k1711.jpg

The inhabitants of Mecca would certainly be relieved were it not for the fact
that they have no idea which fate would have been certain for them in the case of continued war.
After the one or two years needed to set up the necessary bureaucracy
*cough* waiting for the ingame end-of-crusade-event that never happened *cough*
Waldemar finally declares a fellow crusader of noble blood and coincidentally even
Knautschling heritage to be independent King of Jerusalem.

k1712.jpg

With a satisfied smile on his face Waldemar decides to return home.
He never gets there.

k1713.jpg

What kind of king Waldemar´s heir and grandson Sverker will turn out to be,
that my dear readers is what the next chapter of this tale will be about.​

Oh and if anybody wonders why FrozenWall ("Frosty") didn´t reabsorb the Kingdom of Jerusalem right away:
He agreed to a 10-year NAP with it and breaching that would net him an excom for his king.
But barring a huge amount of game crashes the NAP should expire at the later part of next week´s session already and I have a slight suspicion what will happen after that.

Yey for East Rome returning to power! And getting Antioch back!
And beating ninja grannies!

Also, what is the Empire of Love doing?

A glorious day for the civilized world and KoMphiles! It is gratifying to see the Mohometan beast beating back by brave brawlers from beautiful Britain. The Syrian coast, back in the hands of the True Empire, and the barbaric sheep-lovers thrown out of the southern Balkans. What's next for the Romans? I can only hope another triumph is in the works...

what happens in Dôn and Rurikovich bedrooms, naturally stays there... ;)

just WHERE did you build a second war academy? -was that expensive?

Palermo, the expense wasn't large compared to my treasury. The loss of Palermo itself, my second richest prov, stung considerably more (along with most of the rest of my demesne...)

Dont forget he has his.. duchy of Finland

The Dôns are not known to stray far outside the family bed...

Last edited: