• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fredrik II

Paradox Interactive
Paradox Staff
15 Badges
Sep 15, 2003
www.paradoxplaza.com
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Diplomacy
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Majesty 2
  • Victoria 2
  • 200k Club
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Hearts of Iron: The Card Game
  • Magicka 2 - Signup Campaign
  • Paradox Order
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
Hello all, there has been problems with the Sword of the Stars 2 release and for this we apologize. This should have been handled in a much more professional way from both us and the developer.

There has been version problems on Steam, and we are working on updating this version 24x7 from both the development and publishing team. Patching is in process for all known errors.

I can personally guarantee we will work on the game until it works as it should be, and in the meantime all I can say is that we should have done this better. Our sincere apologies.

Expect a response and status update from the developer as soon as they are ready with more information (which should be soon). Thanks for your patience.

---
Fred Wester
CEO Paradox Interactive

I feel for you guys really. I know you will do your best as always. Your customer support keeps me here.

Hello all, there has been problems with the Sword of the Stars 2 release and for this we apologize. This should have been handled in a much more professional way from both us and the developer.

There has been version problems on Steam, and we are working on updating this version 24x7 from both the development and publishing team. Patching is in process for all known errors.

I can personally guarantee we will work on the game until it works as it should be, and in the meantime all I can say is that we should have done this better. Our sincere apologies.

Expect a response and status update from the developer as soon as they are ready with more information (which should be soon). Thanks for your patience.

---
Fred Wester
CEO Paradox Interactive

Nice, you guys actually apologize. Imagine if the Might & Magic: Heroes VI team would do the same, or even appear on the forum. Thumbs up.

1st) Thank you. Really. This response is everything I've come to like about Paradox.
2nd) Can you talk about how/why a game in this state (ie options menu!!) was approved for release? It's been confirmed it wasn't a mistake, but a deliberate decision.

Last edited:
Thank you for taking the time to address the community like this. It's good to know that the issues will be addressed - given time.
Are you able to shed some light on how the game could be released in this state? I believe I talk for a lot of us when I say that we're dedicated fans of paradox and it's games, but it is a bit disheartening to look forward to a game that you can see is good and it has greatness beneath the surface, only the amount of bugs, many of which are game breakers, and lack of polish ruin it - parts of the interface is missing or doesn't even work.

Thanks, Fred. I guess what's done is done and we need to move on from here. For me personally, my chief concerns right now are a) the size of the Steam download (8.6 GB seems wrong, as if Steam is sending the game twice) and clarification on it, and b) the status of the missing CD keys for the game on Steam (and the resulting inability to access the tech support sub-forums).

Thank you for taking the time to address the community like this. It's good to know that the issues will be addressed - given time.
Are you able to shed some light on how the game could be released in this state? I believe I talk for a lot of us when I say that we're dedicated fans of paradox and it's games, but it is a bit disheartening to look forward to a game that you can see is good and it has greatness beneath the surface, only the amount of bugs, many of which are game breakers, and lack of polish ruin it - parts of the interface is missing or doesn't even work.

Since Fredrik is Paradox's CEO he will never go into details about what went wrong...suffice to say he realized some major problems and admitted it, too.

For the rest time will tell, I do feel sorry for the pre-buyers.

Edit: Thanks for the info, too.

First of all, a big thx for the update.
But sorry if I take that with a grain of salt.
The same things were said bei the guys from Stardock. And they never delivered.
I give you all the benefit of the doubt. But now you have to deliver.

Apology accepted but still higly sceptical.

Thanks.
If the fans are feeling bad about this, I can't imagine what the devs are feeling right now. Imagine pouring 2 years of work into something and .. this happens. I hope it turns out OK for everyone involved.

Thanks.
If the fans are feeling bad about this, I can't imagine what the devs are feeling right now. Imagine pouring 2 years of work into something and .. this happens. I hope it turns out OK for everyone involved.
#

I kinda think the devs knew the state of the game leading into this week.They would also have expected this fire storm just like Paradox,hence no gaming press getting the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.