• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It gladdens my heart to see the generals will help strive toward minimizing the risk of governmental seizure.

(Will the game reflect the change in troops movement)

considering I havent voted yet can I golden vote for the monarchist-national coalition?

(Yes We Can!)

Yeah, you can vote for whoever.

considering I havent voted yet can I golden vote for the monarchist-national coalition?

One problem; after reviewing the score I realized that that would only make everything more confusing. If I discount hygge0302's second vote on the grounds that he tried to vote twice, that ties the score between Zepeda and the Monarchists and makes everything LESS clear, as opposed to more. I need a golden vote between Rivera and Zepeda to move forward.

The Monarchists believe they will gain power through coalition, but I assure my fellow advocates of Democracy that I will, and hopefully my succesors down the road as well, will fight against the reactionism to the last.

Edit: (Wow, thats pretty funny.) Not so much a golden vote, as a tarnished Bronze one.

One problem; after reviewing the score I realized that that would only make everything more confusing. If I discount hygge0302's second vote on the grounds that he tried to vote twice, that ties the score between Zepeda and the Monarchists and makes everything LESS clear, as opposed to more. I need a golden vote between Rivera and Zepeda to move forward.

((So what you're saying, is that the Nacionales are forming a coalition with Zepeda, but the golden vote is to see who will head it?))

((So what you're saying, is that the Nacionales are forming a coalition with Zepeda, but the golden vote is to see who will head it?))

Exactly.

I shall be the first to say, congratulations to the Nacionale-Zepeda Coalition!! No longer with the monarchists be a thorn in our side. We may not have adequate leadership, but that is nothing compared to the fact that democracy has triumphed once more.

-Colonel Carerra

Not gonna lie, this primary vote went over my head, but I too am happy to see Democracy in action.

If the Partido Nacionale has voted to form a coalition with Zepeda then I will support him to lead the coalition and the primaries can be closed.

Senator Rivera

Very well, Senator. Then by your decision, the primary has closed with the Partido Nacional in coalition with Zepeda to form the Unión Nacional ticket, with Zepeda at the head. Your position in government, should you win, will be between yourself and Zepeda and is out of the hands of the electorate.

Update incoming.

(Going to sleep... Hoping there is not a Brave New World when I check back tomorrow).

The 1841 Conventions​

The 1841 Conventions were times of hectic confusion and controlled panic for the major parties. No fewer than five factions had emerged: the Liberales, the Conservadores, the Nacionales, the Monárquicos, and Zepeda, and observers speculated that no one party would have the majority of votes necessary to secure the presidency for the next term. Even though each party (except for the Monárquicos, who were ironically divided in what type or family of monarch they wished to rule over Chile) fielded only one candidate, the election was a scramble to form a new coalition.

The Conservadores and the Liberales chose to renew their old coalition without too much fuss - the entirety of both party's delegates voted to maintain it. However, there was a deep divide in who they believed should lead. The Liberales asked that the sitting President, Michael Badajoz, be permitted to run again and serve a second term as the head of the Republic. The Conservadores, on the other, demanded that he step aside in favor of Armando de Vasces, who they claimed was a centrist with a greater chance of winning the election.

In the end, the Liberales proved to be the larger and more influential of the two factions and successfully renominated Badajoz, with the Conservadores grumbling but knowing they would lose the election if they chose to caucus separately.

The Nacionales' primary was much more hectic. Large swathes of the party believed that they should form a coalition with Zepeda and another large segment believed that coalition with the Monárquicos was the more palatable option. Ultimately, both sides were able to conjure up a majority and both Zepeda and the Monárquicos were in favor of the coalition with the Nacionales. However, a three-way ticket was impossible because Zepeda and the Monárquicos were mortal enemies and wished nothing to do with each other. Ultimately, when put to a direct vote, Zepeda's coalition was the favored amongst the Nacionales.

However, this brief moment of decisive action gave rise to an even greater problem: while the majority agreed that there should be a coalition with the Nacionales, the combined party was stalemated as to who should lead it. Most of the Nacionales supported Rivera, but a large chunk of the Nacionales, joined by Zepeda's own modest delegation, believed that Zepeda should lead the party, saying that Rivera had already faced Badajoz and lost. Some even suggested that they should abandon Zepeda entirely and move back to a coalition with the Monarchists, but by then it was too late to restructure the ticket.

After two days and dozens of ballots, it was Rivera himself who broke the stalemate. Standing before a group of delegates divided perfectly for and against him, Rivera announced he would throw in his hat in favor of Zepeda. Zepeda became the candidate of the Unión Nacional to challenge the man who had made him a general.

The Monarchist primary reached a fevered pitch after they heard the Nacionales had turned their backs on them. After their own stalemate, they nominated Tamiuszski as their candidate to the scoffing of the elites, who believe that he stood no chance in a field of titans.

Meanwhile, in the Congreso, the National Education Act was passed quietly and with nearly unanimous support as the eyes of the public turned to the general election.

-------------------------

Player Actions Needed:
Okay, Badajoz ((zagaroth)), Zepeda ((thekinguter)), and Tamiuszski ((tamius23)), I need your platforms. I can't move forward until I get them, so I'd like them will all appropriate speed.