• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It gladdens my heart to see so many Liberales joining the Frey, we used to me much outnumbered. Let me welcome all of you personally, I am Senator Michael Badajoz de Santiago. My policy is pro-war (though not in the immediate future), Laissez Fair/ Intrusional Economics, Free Trade, Liberal Immigration Policy, and Freedom of Religion.

Currently the Conservatives have a dead lock on politics, but together we can help the government move forward to the future!

Remember to consider Senator Michael Badajoz in the Presidential Race.

(Formal Policies forthcoming, Thunderhawk)

Senator Badajoz, I may disagree with an aggressive foreign policy (at least while this economy is in such dire straits), and I don't support much in the way of government involvement in the market, but you have my support, of that I assure you.

Senor Antonio de Santa Rosa of Santiago

(( Because, I do not know most (none) of you by name, it would REALLY help for me to identify you, if you would bold your name after character adress, it really isn't that difficult and tackles the confusion some of this AAR might generate, THANK YOU ;) Also, welcome to the Chilean guy, I myself am Colombian (as the flag may have spoiled.) ))

(( Hah! You libbies think YOU'RE outnumbered! How many reactionaries are here huh? 1, and that's ME! :mad: ))

The 1836 Candidates​

MonttM.jpg

Liberales Candidate: Michael Badajoz ((zagoroth))

Hola!

Statement:

We face a moment of dire need in Chile right now. This is the first election where truly Democracy will shine. Until this point, Chile has suffered under one party dead-lock rule following the Guerra Civil. It is time to move forward, however. We are all loyal Chilean people who fought for the independence of their home country, and fought for the future of their people in the Guerra Civil. Let us use this election to Liberalize Chile, to create a good foundation for immigration to our Sublime Shores, to create a good foundation for Industry, and to create freedom for all.

Policy List

Military: Pro Military/ Jingoist
We must in the long term take back our core territories and allow all Chilean people to live in our borders. However, there are calls for immediate tax increases to secure our military. We must look to the long term and not fall into bankruptcy over short sighted calls

Economics: Laissez Fair/ Intervention, Free Trade
Only the policies of Adam Smith will let us surge forward. We shall let the people establish the economy through their own interactions. Let the Capitalists establish their industry for the profit motive, and let the artisan craft his tools for the profit motive. Our intervention will only weaken us in the long term. Let us minimize taxes to a stable budget to allow people to make economy without the burdens of government bureaucracy. Once our economy improves, then we can focus outwards in direction.

Immigration: Full Citizenship/ Pluralism of Religion

Let all who seek asylum come to our borders and strengthen our population. Our industry will soar forwards, our military size increase, our budget increase, and our lands filled up. Let us be a bastion for the Old World like the States up north are.

Together, we can break the Conservative deadlock on Chile, and move ahead in our glorious Democracy!

ManuelBulnes.JPG

Conservadores Candidate: Francisco Rivera ((atomicsoda))
My platform is to make Chile strong both militarily and industrially. There will be sacrifices required by all, both financial and on the battlefield. Once we have reclaimed our occupied lands we will be stronger than even and will be ready to take our place as the leader of South America. Viva Chile!

Military: No cuts to military spending. It is essential we have a strong, well trained professional army to defend the nation and reclaim our occupied lands from Bolivia and Peru. Pro-Military

Foreign Policy: We shall send diplomats to Argentina and Brazil to discuss the possibility of an alliance. Our first priority is to reclaim our occupied lands from Bolivia, hopefully in a war with a strong ally but alone if we must.
After victory over Bolivia we shall set our sights on our lands occupied by Peru.

Economy: Retain the taxes in the Peru-Bolivia Act. When possible the government will invest in a cement factory, a winery and a small arms factory to supply our military. We will finance this investment through loans from the national bank and foreign banks in the US and UK. A policy of economic modernization will seek to spread the latest technologies to our farming and mining. State Capitalism.

Trade: Tariffs will be set high temporarily. As soon as the Budget stabilizes, we should seek to reduce tariffs to a max of 50%, lower if we can afford it. Protectionism.

I will also start a policy strongly encouraging Chileans to join the Clergy. The Clergy are essential to educate our people and provide them with comfort. Moralism.

We welcome immigrants who want to become Chileans and make our nation stronger. However they must assimilate before they are granted full rights and are able to participate in our politics. Limited Citizenship.

-------------------------

Player Actions Needed:
VOTE! I need your vote for either Rivera or Badajoz. Conservadores or Liberales is also acceptable.

Moreover, you should vote Yes/No on the Romano budget compromise (which can be found [post=12922567]here[/post].

As always, remember to bold your votes or they might not be counted.

A sample ballot would look like:
President: Badajoz
Romano Compromise: No

Candidates, if you'd like better pictures than those up there, you need to tell me what pictures you'd like.

Polls will close in two days, at 6:00 PM PST 10/7/11 (Friday). I think that's 1:00 AM GMT Saturday.

President: Badajoz
Romano Compromise: Yea

"I, General Cesar Roseno, throw my support behind Senator Rivera for a stronger Chile. As well, I do not support this so called compromise, which would place our military as second rate behind our larger neighbors."

-General Cesar Roseno

President: Rivera
Romano Compromises: No

President Rivera shall bring us glory. This compromise, however, does not bode well for the nation. Nay to the compromise!

Badajoz

As for the compromise, I shall remain neutral, and see what the majority (and who that majority is) votes for.

"My vote goes to Rivera,
and I shall say Nay to the compromise"

Coronel Francisco Javier De Miranda Reina

Last edited:
Vote:Badajoz
Compromise:Yes. It is convinient for the country's goals to reduce military funding and to indeed ask for a loan to develop the mines, even if they are government owned. I would like more information about the tariffs, a very important matter for us freetraders.

Congressman F. Zepeda

BTW Liberals, we might want to organize a bit.. make a list of who's in the party.. our policies.. that sort of stuff

Last edited:
That is why a Liberale win for this election is necessary. To ensure we are structured and have policies. Let this election set a precedent for the Liberale platform.

(I suggest that all the participants add a part in their sig saying which party they are part of.)

President: Rivera
Romano Compromises: No!!

People of Chile!! Do not fall sway to this so called "Compromise." It will do nothing but weaken us and prevent us from taking back the lands that are rightfuly ours. We cannot afford that weakness at this time, as this election shall decide the fate of our proud nation for decades to come. Show the world that we are a strong and determined people!!

I have decided to vote in favour of the Compromise; that most of the Conservadores are opposed, and most of the Liberales, the free-marketers, are in favour, I see no other choice.

In Response to King's anti-compromise:

We must show our people we are a strong nation before the world. Let the liberal policies of the Liberales lead our country to before unexperience economic growth. Our growing affluence will be as a beacon to other nations. Then, when we can afford it, we shall unite under the banner of Chile to take our lands most wrongly seized. But to seize these lands, with military payed for through the bleeding hands of our citizens, and expect the people of these lost Chilean lands to breath of relief of repatriation? My fellow citizens, we must become a country worth la gente que vivan en su tierra.