Paradox survey, receive a free copy of CiM

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I received my email with redeem-code at 05:00. It's now past 13:30 and the code does not work.

I tried copying the whole code into the "Add redeem code" input field, copying just the 6 blocks and adding the dashes, and typing it in manually.
I'm wondering if the codes were only for people from a specific country, if someone stole codes or if something just went wrong between paradox and gamersgate.

I'll keep trying today and tomorrow.

I just tried mine again, now it's working on GamersGate but I can't register it here, I just get an invalid key message.

Whoops, tried to download it and just got error messages.It gets to the end of the download then puts up an error message about a problem with the server. I think thats about the end of my efforts to try and get this game.

Last edited:
NOTE: Once you have successfully registered your free copy on Gamersgate, you can access your forum-code by clicking the Forum Key button (underneath the Download option). The forum-code is NOT the same as the Gamersgate key you received in your email.

===== ===== =====

Whoops, tried to download it and just got error messages.It gets to the end of the download then puts up an error message about a problem with the server. I think thats about the end of my efforts to try and get this game.
I suspect that Gamersgate's system is under a fair bit of pressure today, what with everyone trying to register and download their free copy. If it didn't work straight away, maybe try again later on?

Okay, I got the game :D
I went back to Gamersgate (was still logged in) and before me, I saw a page stating that if I had received a code, I should enter it there. I did and the game was added to my library and could download it.

(What I did before was buy the game and enter the code on that page).

Edit; Whoops, proper thing to do would be to thank you guys for my free game offcourse!

Thank you very much :D

Please feel free to give us feedback and by registering your game you'll get access to the tech support forum. Colossal will be on Easter holiday, but if you have trouble we'll be back next Tuesday. You can find plenty of tips by searching in the forums also. I hope you enjoy Cities in Motion!

I'm sorry that I can't help with the key issues (that's publisher territory), but I hope you all get it working in the end :)

Got my code registered and the game is already downloaded. I would have preferred a Steam code, since I have a Steam account already, but not a GamersGate one.

NOTE: Once you have successfully registered your free copy on Gamersgate, you can access your forum-code by clicking the Forum Key button (underneath the Download option). The forum-code is NOT the same as the Gamersgate key you received in your email.

I would have never figured this out. Thanks.

Thank´s Paradox. I got my key today and it all works fine.
Is it necessary to download all the patches, or is it sufficient to update with the latest 1.0.22 patch?

When I clicked that button, a prompt came up and said that GamersGate is currently out of serial keys and has contacted the publisher about the issue. I was a bit annoyed, but I'm guessing it's because they were either overwhelmed or unprepared to cope with however many free copies Paradox gave out. Hopefully they'll resolve the issue promptly.

Managed to get mine working (though you're out of serial keys it seems ;) ). It's a stunningly beautiful game. Not really my cup of tea if I'm honest, but my gf's eyes lit up when we had a play of the tutorial together. Think it's a definite winner for her.

Thank you.

Thank you very much. I, too, note that Gamersgate appear to be out of Forum keys, but I'm sure that will be rectified.

The game appears to be very pretty. My machine is far too slow to really play, but thanks anyway!

When I clicked that button, a prompt came up and said that GamersGate is currently out of serial keys and has contacted the publisher about the issue. I was a bit annoyed, but I'm guessing it's because they were either overwhelmed or unprepared to cope with however many free copies Paradox gave out. Hopefully they'll resolve the issue promptly.

Yeah me too. No free badge. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Still, thanks paradox for another free time-blackhole game!

Okay, I got the game :D
I went back to Gamersgate (was still logged in) and before me, I saw a page stating that if I had received a code, I should enter it there. I did and the game was added to my library and could download it.

(What I did before was buy the game and enter the code on that page).

Edit; Whoops, proper thing to do would be to thank you guys for my free game offcourse!

Thank you very much :D

I have this problem, can not find where this redem code needs to be entered, I tried to buy the game and type the code there, but it does not work.
How can I get to the GG redeam codes page?.

Edited: Now I found how to do it, it is in the left menu "My Account", then "Digital Copy", there you type the code and your game is added to the Library, from there, you get the Key to register the game.

Last edited:
I just wanted to thank you guys for my new copy of Cities in Motion! I will very likely now add some dlc to it and I am really enjoying the way it plays! Thank you Paradox!