• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Do you mean 2 at the start, or 2 total in the game? Because I remember it being mentioned that there would be 4 Emperor-titles in the game, with obviously the HRE and Byzantines being two.
I think the other two were muslims. Probably the most important Sunni & Shia rulers(Caliphs?), kinda like how the HRE and Byzantium were for catholics & orthodox.

I think the other two were muslims. Probably the most important Sunni & Shia rulers(Caliphs?), kinda like how the HRE and Byzantium were for catholics & orthodox.

Exactly. With only two playable Emperor-tier titles in-game a special Emperor-tier selection widget makes little sense. If you want an Emperor you just click the damn map.

This may be an issue with the playable Muslims DLC, especially if there're also pagan DLCs that involve the creation of one or more pagan Imperial-tier titles, but until then...

Nick

Hm, along the lines of the HRE discussion, I wonder how the new system will affect the Duke of Bohemia declaring himself a king as inevitably happened in CK1. Will he remain a vassal until he formally declares independence (seems most likely), will it set off an event chain between him and the emperor, or what?

Is it so wrong to assassinate your first-born son because he has no heirs? The Kingdom of France must live on!

Y'know, I think Dwarf Fortress and Crusader Kings have a lot in common.
They both make the players into devious bastards.
Yes, it is wrong, but a good CK player will do anyway, for the good of the dynasty!

Is it so wrong to assassinate your first-born son because he has no heirs? The Kingdom of France must live on!

Ofcourse not. If he can't sire a son, he's clearly not fit to rule an entire nation!

(Excommunicating might be a less bloody way ofcourse, but then you damn his soul to an eternity in hell, take a pick :p)

Hrm, it appears that I should have paid more attention to the development of this game. Watching this video simply blew me away! DO WANT!!!

PS: The artwork and music are both amazing, you've really outdone yourselves. Absolutely love the medieval stained glass window look on some of the icons and headers.

Last edited:
Contestants can be sorted by a statistic, and choosing a bride that compliments your stats is a good strategy: for example, if you excel in diplomacy but lack technological skill, pick a wife that has high technology ratings.

I pick wives of my primary family based on culture! :p Cousins and other blood relatives in my court, based on traits.. The last thing I want is a stresssed out Queen/Part-time Chancellor/Sometimes Court Jester who wont have time or be too stressed to breed me heirs!

(I always rest my stressed out courtiers from court duties when their sick/injured/any of those medical concerns, they 'tend' -maybe it's just me- faster. And meanwhile replace them with the next best courtier.)