• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
March 1951

On March 15th 1951, the American Congress passed a bill, part of the Marshall Plan aid for democratic nations around the world, that awarded $50 million in aid to the Nationalist Chinese (50,000 in game monetry units). This money would be invaluable in rebuilding the Chinese nation.

marshall3.jpg

General Marshall, 1951

However, this positive news was shortly overshadowed. After negotiations over Finland had quickly broken down in late 1950, the British still controlled a large swathe of Finnish and Soviet territory.

britishfin.jpg

But the withdrawal of American troops from Finland left only two British divisions to watch over the entire territory.

At 21:00GMT on March 20th 1951, Soviet troops sprung into action, quickly surrounding and disarming both British divisions (one stationed in the port of Murmansk, the other strung out across the Finnish countryside), while the armies of the Finnish Democratic Republic swept in to occupy the countryside. British troops who managed to avoid the Communists escaped towards the Swedish border, while the troops captured by the Russians were force-marched to the Norwegian border, and handed over to Norwegian border troops.

finlandq.jpg

Hawks, Burmese, and Automobiles

Li_Zongren.jpg

On July 20th, Chinese Prime Minister Li Zongren gave a rousing speech to the Yuan, extolling the need for increased arms forces funding, as well as a close relationship to the United States in order to take back the entirety of China at the earliest opportunity (+1 to Hawk Lobby)

scaled.php

In response to this, the government quickly drew up plans with the American ambassador to purchase military equipment utilising the part of the Marshall plan money that had been allocated to military needs. After negotiations, the Chinese Army found itself newly furnished with two whole divisions of (obsolete) American tanks. A real boon to their ground forces, but quite useless against any modern Soviet models that the Communists may conspire to purchase. Their navy also obtained their first ships, being given the old American carriers USS Saratoga and Lexington, and in order to make sure these ships would be able to sail on the high seas, the hulls for sufficient screening ships were laid down in Cantonese ship yards, while the carriers themselves underwent brief reworking.

scaled.php

scaled.php

In world news, after prolonged negotiations with pro-independance Burmese politicians, the British finally withdrew from Burmese territory on August 8th 1951. Can the British continue to hold onto their other Imperial possessions, or will they slowly become independant one by one?

burma.jpg

Last edited:
Do those screenshots work for people? Imageshack was being a little bitch.

Also, reader participation time! My two new (albiet Level 1 :() carriers need new names! Normally I'd just name them after a random province as I don't know much about China, but it'll be nice for the AAR if they have historically plausible names.

Thanks for reading :)

Names of generals and politicians are always a winner. Or Chinese (latinized) for something the republic stands for(or like to say it stands for ;)). Like "peace", according to google it's "hépíng".

No Mr Sampatisiri, I expect you to die!

Spurred on by the independance of Burma, from Autumn 1951 onwards other nations currently under control of the British Crown negotiated for their freedom. The British government was amiable towards some of these desires, as it allowed them to free up manpower that would otherwise be used to police these territories, and fostered a friendly relation between Britain and the newly independant governments.

Firstly, the combined Anglo-Franco-American occupation force pulled out of Austria

austriau.jpg

Next, the pre-war semi-independance of Egypt was restored, albiet with a much greater degree of autonomy

egypty.jpg

Quickly followed by the former Italian colony of Libya becoming free under the Senussi dynasty, although some British administrators such as Duncan Cumming, the new Libyan Prime Minister, remained in the government to ease the transition to independance.

libya.jpg

Now, back in China, the Thai Intellgence services had somehow managed to infiltrate agents into key places in the Chinese bureaucracy, and were stealing military secrets, including top secret documents passed to the Chinese Government by the United States. Naturally, this hurt relations on all sides.

theft1.jpg

theft2.jpg

But in better news, the two new Chinese carriers had completed their crew training, and had been rechristened after two citites reclaimed from Imperialist powers after the war

carriersg.jpg

Nice flavour you got here... especially with naming ships.

I'll be following this one. ;)

How come the British got some Egyptian lands in there?

That's Suez, which they have a core on...or something. Not entirely sure, I just forgot to mention it in the update.

Edit: Oh, and also the stuff in the West of Egypt. That's just a bug, no-one has any cores on them.

Last edited:
Interesting scenario. Subscribed

Interesting scenario. Subscribed

And sorry for the long wait with no update - been away from my desktop (curse you girlfriend! Live closer to me *shakes fist*) and so I don't have Darkest Hour or my savegames with me. Hopefully will have an update or two for you over the weekend.

The Completion of the 4 Year Plan

In world news, the Americans run dual elections, with the winners dualling on the White House lawn for the honour of becoming president.

crazyelection.jpg

Back in China, the 4 Year Plan has reached its enddate. The infrastructure and industrial projects had finished, without put growing rapidly, but sadly the military aspects of the plan had not been completed. Due to the growing tension in the world, these contracts will be continued, with 1 years grace before the introduction of a new 4 Year Plan on Jan 1st 1956.

industry55.jpg

In the labs of China, advanced infantry technology, to defend against the communists hordes, was being produced

research55.jpg

Finally, the ground forces that China and her allies could put into any future fight were quite formidable.

armies.jpg

The 2nd 4 Year Plan

China now had a respectable ground force, thanks to American funding and expertise. It was, however, still too weak to take the fight to the Communists. Likewise, China's industrial base was still lacking, being roughly half the size of the Communists in the North. Therefore, the next 4 year plan will concentrate mostly on industry, and the upgrading of existing forces.

7 new industrial centres will be constructed on Taiwan, further improving the islands economy, while 3 industrial complexes will be construced on Haikou, due to the good trade links with foreign nations. In the West, the new highways will be extended to the borders of Vietnam, Laos and Burma. Existing military builds will be given priority until completion, but no new ones will be created. Any spare IC will go on upgrading.

development.jpg

However, there is a shortage of trained men of military age. Therefore, a selective conscription was introduced, causing much dissent amongst the rural population, who were most likely to be called up and would be unable to bribe their way out of service.

conscription.jpg

That two presidents thing was kind of weird; intended or a bug? Really like what you've done so far; I'm hoping to get Darkest Hour soon, so I'm looking wherever I can for good AARs.

I hope this will not be a Chineese AAR in which you simply use the Soviet Union as a bridge to Europe, thus stretching your empire across all of Eurasia. But anyway, good luck with those Who must not be named, pointed at or thought of.
I'm not planning to do anything like that, mainly because if I'm not careful Com. China and the SU will roll over me like a bug and I'll end up exiled to Taiwan. Which while possibly making for a good story, would be fustrating :p
I won't be landbridging my way to Europe either, as this is meant to be a historically plausable AAR.
That two presidents thing was kind of weird; intended or a bug? Really like what you've done so far; I'm hoping to get Darkest Hour soon, so I'm looking wherever I can for good AARs.
As far as I know, it's a bug. I don't think the DH developers did much with the post WW2 game to be honest. Definitely get it asap though, it's great :cool:

Which of the presidents did win in the end :p?

Yeah you need to keep an eye on your northern neighbours (comm. china and ussr). A next war will probably involve nuclear weapons, any progress on that?

Tim