• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Winterwolf00

Captain
77 Badges
May 4, 2012
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
Hey first I'd like to say I'm new and I just bought my Victoria 2 a few days ago.

Anyway, how do you get the French Revolution to happen? I was playing as France at the Jacobins had 100 revolt risk and nothing happened.
Then the Liberal Revolution was over and nothing had happened.

So the July Monarchy has survived. Congrats, you did better than Louis-Philippe ;)

IRRC, revolts had a better chance to happen when you are at war, but if jacobins are at 100% risk and if your militancy didn't fall, you just have to wait.
But then the Liberal Revolution ended and the Jacobin membership plummeted and the risk dropped to 0.
Before then I was constantly fanning the fire by promoting liberalism and not passing reform.

Last edited:
No that shouldn't matter much (I thought it was set at the beginning of the game anyway). I believe the problem is your navy. I may be misunderstanding the situation, but rebels consider your military score when deciding to rebel. I had the same problem one game. I started over and disbanded both my army and navy and voila, Jacobin revolution without a problem. Except that without an army they occupied everything and my economy was junk after the revolution. Keep a decent stack around to mop up after the Jacobins take Paris so that your economy doesn't take the beating mine did.

No that shouldn't matter much (I thought it was set at the beginning of the game anyway). I believe the problem is your navy. I may be misunderstanding the situation, but rebels consider your military score when deciding to rebel. I had the same problem one game. I started over and disbanded both my army and navy and voila, Jacobin revolution without a problem. Except that without an army they occupied everything and my economy was junk after the revolution. Keep a decent stack around to mop up after the Jacobins take Paris so that your economy doesn't take the beating mine did.

So...what? Send my armies in France to my African colonies?
How do I keep a decent stack when I disband my army?