• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Can any of the more experienced readers help me with this: when looking at photos for the "rally" I found a lot that had the crowd using the "Hitler salute". I know it is banned in Germany, but are pictures of it being performed banned on Paradox sites?

Well the swastika is banned in Germany and so it is on paradox sites. So I think you are to safe to assume that the "Hitlergruß" is also banned on Paradox sites.

Well the swastika is banned in Germany and so it is on paradox sites. So I think you are to safe to assume that the "Hitlergruß" is also banned on Paradox sites.

I know that performing the "HitlergruSS" (I must add German typescript, particularly as I'm studying it) is banned, but are pictures of people performing it also banned?

But let's just leave it: it is not important and I don't want to be accused of discussing potentially unpermitted topics.

Well, look what we've got here. :D

Hoho great news! :D

Yes, I will make a copy of HOI3 ver 1.3 (and all my save games) and then try it out.

Installed 1.4beta, loaded my most recent save game and ran (as Switzerland) for several months with no noticeable problem, saved after 2 months. Crash when exiting.

Loaded 2month save games as Germany and then Japan: no problems.

Will play around a bit more over the weekend - may lead to some delays in updates but I want to get a feel how it is going.

Still making my mind up as to whether to just try to continue wiht 1.4 (with a risk of catastrophic failure at some point) or replay up to end of October 1939 (with a lot of time taken up and possibility of not being able to reproduce situation - as I said before, happy for Japan to do a bit better, but reluctant to have a Nationalist Spain)

Just because Spain is Nationalist doesn't mean you have to invite it into the Axis. I am sure the Leader would be able to come up with a plausible reason for Spanish provocations.:D

Just because Spain is Nationalist doesn't mean you have to invite it into the Axis. I am sure the Leader would be able to come up with a plausible reason for Spanish provocations.:D

I believe he was very fond of animals, so perhaps a demand to stop bull-fighting could trigger a round of diplomatic insults leading to war.:rolleyes:

The patch has a few new bugs, some of which change how the game plays (like planes having much longer horizontal than vertical range). I'd say don't switch until it's out of beta, because finding possible bugs in the middle of Barbarossa would hurt.

Yes, I fooled around a bit with the 1.4 beta, and while invading Denmark I saw the poor horizontal range of my planes, too.

Due to this waiting for some more beta patches (and likely more bugs found in 1.4 beta) seems prudent to me at the moment.

CharonJr

Hi Uriah,

sorry for not commenting more often; I have been having a huge workload in the last months. Regarding your question, I can give you my informal legal opinion as a German lawyer that depicting people showing the salute is admissable in Germany. I hope you understand I can't run that through our opinion committee, though, so I can give no reliance on that :)
Reason is basically that depicting a swastika - that being a graphic symbol - means using it, while depicting the Hitler salute - being a gesture - does not mean using it.

Yes, it's weird, but anti-NS-legislation has some of the worstly designed provisions in German law (including tax law :)). Our federal constitutional court has recently ruled that some of these provisions are basically unconstitutional, but that they won't strike them because Nazis are evil. Quite literally putting it that way.

Allright, I have to go back to catching up on your AAR. You owe me several fingernails for the French incursion! I hope you can beat them back...

PS: it may make sense to contact a mod beforehand, since forum rules may well be stricter than German criminal legislation.

Congratulations on the current success of your Mechanized Von Schlieffen.
Just be prepared for the potential counterattack into your flank, from the Maginot sector. You look a bit light in your flank coverage. Both times I fought France, the real fight came after Paris fell........be observant. Great update, thank you....

The patch has a few new bugs, some of which change how the game plays (like planes having much longer horizontal than vertical range). I'd say don't switch until it's out of beta, because finding possible bugs in the middle of Barbarossa would hurt.

Yes, I fooled around a bit with the 1.4 beta, and while invading Denmark I saw the poor horizontal range of my planes, too.

Due to this waiting for some more beta patches (and likely more bugs found in 1.4 beta) seems prudent to me at the moment.

CharonJr

Spent the weekend (well, spare time on weekend) playing around with ver 1.4). Managed to get a fairly close replay to 1939, but research suffered a but because of changes.

Current thinkng is that I will keep going on ver 1.3 for a while, while also keeping a move on 1.4.

Sorry for the delay in updates, but probalby better to get organsied early rahter than have a big break when 1.4 final released.

Hi Uriah,

sorry for not commenting more often; I have been having a huge workload in the last months. Regarding your question, I can give you my informal legal opinion as a German lawyer that depicting people showing the salute is admissable in Germany. I hope you understand I can't run that through our opinion committee, though, so I can give no reliance on that :)
Reason is basically that depicting a swastika - that being a graphic symbol - means using it, while depicting the Hitler salute - being a gesture - does not mean using it.

Yes, it's weird, but anti-NS-legislation has some of the worstly designed provisions in German law (including tax law :)). Our federal constitutional court has recently ruled that some of these provisions are basically unconstitutional, but that they won't strike them because Nazis are evil. Quite literally putting it that way.

Allright, I have to go back to catching up on your AAR. You owe me several fingernails for the French incursion! I hope you can beat them back...

PS: it may make sense to contact a mod beforehand, since forum rules may well be stricter than German criminal legislation.

Just what I was thinking!
;)

When in doubt, don't.

Thanks you both, but I have already decided I'll just not use any - don't want to get into troulbe over a very minor issue.

Thanks Blue Angel - at one stage I thought that if the french keep going this could be a very short AAR!

Sea. Lion. Please.

Congratulations on the current success of your Mechanized Von Schlieffen.
Just be prepared for the potential counterattack into your flank, from the Maginot sector. You look a bit light in your flank coverage. Both times I fought France, the real fight came after Paris fell........be observant. Great update, thank you....

Not until France is secured, and air superiority is established.

Adaptation, sorry to disappoint, but I am not in position for an early Sealion. The Sirens of Gibraltar are calling.

OKH - don't worry, after Paris the plan is for more than half the "hammer" armies to swing through to block off the Maginot, while the rest clear the coast to Brest. (All subject to change;))

Uriah, how are your allies doing ? I finally stopped playing 1.4 beta when I saw Italy without any supplies since in the current implementation of 1.4 beta all supplies and fuel seem to be transfered to the faction leader (at least with Germany) as soon as there is a land connection.

Basically it seems like the patch leads to single large supply network for all allied nations with land connections and once there is a land connection no more supplies will be send to ports. For some people playing the UK this lead to their forces in Africa being supplied from South Africa which - basically means not a lot of supplies - despite still ruling the Med including Gibraltar.

For me this is currently a gamebreaker.

CharonJr